Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

I love your ADR list! All of those are on my "wish list"! :thumbsup2 That's funny what you think about LTT - I'm the opposite. I'd rather have lunch there, but want the food that they serve at dinnertime! :lmao: As for O'Hana, I really recommend you give it a try! It was such a fun experience, and if you can get an ADR time during Wishes then you might get to see the show from your table - we ended up doing that on our last trip and it was just magical! :cloud9: Plus, all of the food is amazing! I'm a big O'Hana fan! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you like Ohana, I've heard such great things about it, my sister really liked it, but lately, people have been so negative! So you never know what to believe! I'd like to go during Wishes, but I got us an early ADR since it's before the Christmas party! :cool1:

HI!!! Your ADRs look great!! We love LTT (only had the family style meal) but it was SO good. Like a great Thanksgiving meal :lovestruc

Ohana is our family's favorite meal!!! Don't be scared about the family style meal on this one..they have SO many different flavors and options coming so fast at you the whole time..it is so great :cloud9: The smells are so amazing (think pineapple and grilled meat) and the entertainment keeps the kids busy all night long! Ask for a seat by the grill and you can watch Wishes from the window and see the CMs cooking the meat on the flame grill/fire pit!! It is awesome :thumbsup2

Thank you! I've heard great things about LTT so I'm excited to try it! I love Thanksgiving dinner, but when we go home from our trip, it will be Thanksgiving that week! And they have pot roast on the lunch menu, which sounds soooo good...not sure how I'm going to feel after eating pot roast at 12 in the afternoon, but we'll see!

The family style at Ohana doesn't scare me as much as LTT! I've looked at the menu, and it looks like I will like a lot of those things! If I keep the ADR I will definitely ask to sit by the grill! :)

I love your ADR choices. We've done a good majority of them -- we love LeCellier, Crystal Palace and Mam Melrose. We've done done Ohana or Chefs or Tusker House (Tusker House will be on the list for next trip after this one). We did Liberty Tree Tavern three years ago. We had a LONG wait, but lunch was very good (I wouldn't do dinner either -- not a fan of family style or Thanksgiving dinner food).

Now, for Fulton's! One of our absolute all time favorites. We ty to go every other year because it is expensive and it is NOT on the dining plan. But we have always had great service and great food. Here is a link to our dining reviews from our 25th wedding anniversary trip which has Fulton's in it (along with pics of the food). If you are not a seafood lover, they do have other food besides fish. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1952509&highlight=25th+anniversary

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about my ADR's! I'm glad to hear Fulton's is good! My DH has wanted to go since our first trip in 08 and we just never go...he always goes over to the menu outside and drools over it! :rotfl: So I promised him we could go sometime this trip! I do like seafood, but I like it more as an appetizer than a whole meal. I'm sure I'll find something I like! Do you have to get dressed up when you go there?

I've never eaten at Les Chefs de France, so I can't help you there. I have always wanted to eat there, though. The restaurant looks so pretty!

As for 'Ohana, it is my favorite restaurant in WDW. I adore 'Ohana. I know it has been getting mixed reviews lately, but I have never had a bad meal there. I'll be eating there in a little over a month, so I'll definitely let you know if it's gotten as bad as people have said. But I definitely think you should try it. :thumbsup2

A lot of you have great things to say about Ohana, so maybe I will go! I just feel bad, one of the reason my DH likes Kona is the sushi, I know he was really looking forward to that. I'll have to see what he says about Ohana. He can always get sushi at the little bar on the way out!

I think Les Chefs de France looks so pretty, and there is always a huge group of people waiting to get in when we walk by so it must be good! And if it's not, not a big deal, at least we will have tried it and we will know for next time to avoid it! :rotfl:

I completely forgot to comment on Tusker House! You're going to love it! I think, food wise, it is the best character buffet (although I've never done CP breakfast and I hear that's really good). :thumbsup2 They've got so many more choices there than they do at some of the other buffets, and the variety is a little different because they've got some African dishes (nothing too, exotic, just enough to be "different"). Plus the juice they serve you is so good!

I've read that the character interaction there isn't that great, but we didn't find that to be the case. Goofy proposed to me at TH! :love: Hehe, so it holds a special place in my heart! :rotfl:

Yay, I'm really excited for Tusker House, I've heard it is the best character buffet! CP is great too, they have really good food and the character interaction is great! I like seeing the characters, but if a few of them skip my table, I'm ok with that, I like watching the characters with the kids and walk around and everything! I love taking my pictures with them, but if I don't see them all, it doesn't ruin my time!

I'm really looking forward to this famous juice at Tusker House, I've read so much about it! That's so cute that Goofy proposed to you! That's why I love Disney so much!!! :lovestruc

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about my ADR's! I'm glad to hear Fulton's is good! My DH has wanted to go since our first trip in 08 and we just never go...he always goes over to the menu outside and drools over it! :rotfl: So I promised him we could go sometime this trip! I do like seafood, but I like it more as an appetizer than a whole meal. I'm sure I'll find something I like! Do you have to get dressed up when you go there?

No, you do not have to dress up. I've gone in anything from a sundress, to capris to shorts and a top.

Hey Jen! I'm subbing - I have today off so I should be able to come back and get caught up a little later (after I run a ton of errands!)

HEY JEN! sorry I've been MIA for a little bit but I'm all caught up! Anyway, congrats on buying your tickets! Those are great prices!! I just love buying those airline tickets it makes it seem more real that you're actually going! woohoo! Those are great ADR choices! I think I've only tried Le Cellier and Crystal Palace from your list so I'm of no help but maybe you can help me out when you do try those other places!!! Can't wait to hear more! I say go for the EMH at MK to see the castle all lit up! so beautiful!!

Hey Jen! Followed you over from my PTR. Sounds like a fun trip! We were originally planning on going around the holidays but ended up changing our plans. It is such an awesome time to go and the WL is AMAZING at Christmas.

But Brandon kept putting off watching 2, so I finally got him to watch it tonight...OMG, it's SO sad!!!! :sad1::sad1::sad1: The part with Jessie thinking about Emily and that song...I was trying to hold back my tears, but I just couldn't, I started crying like a baby, I felt so stupid!!! :sad2: :rotfl:

So did you ever get to TS3? If you thought that part with Emily was sad just wait till you see the new one. Oh my, I started crying on a couple of occasions. But it was a great movie. I hope you get to see it soon if you haven't already!

No, you do not have to dress up. I've gone in anything from a sundress, to capris to shorts and a top.

Thanks! Good to know, because I don't subscribe to dressing up in Disney! Although, if I'm skinnier by then, I might consider wearing sundresses! :cool1:

Hey Jen! I'm subbing - I have today off so I should be able to come back and get caught up a little later (after I run a ton of errands!)

Yay, you're here!!! :) Take your time and get caught up, nothing exciting to update today. :(

HEY JEN! sorry I've been MIA for a little bit but I'm all caught up! Anyway, congrats on buying your tickets! Those are great prices!! I just love buying those airline tickets it makes it seem more real that you're actually going! woohoo! Those are great ADR choices! I think I've only tried Le Cellier and Crystal Palace from your list so I'm of no help but maybe you can help me out when you do try those other places!!! Can't wait to hear more! I say go for the EMH at MK to see the castle all lit up! so beautiful!!

Hi! Don't worry about being MIA, I feel I haven't been giving the DIS the attention it deserves in the last week or so either! My DH was home all week with food poisoning, so it was hard for me to find time to come on here! I don't know what I'm going to do when he switches to days in a week or so! :rotfl:

I'm pretty happy with the prices I got for my plane tix...sure, they could be less, but I checked them the other day and they already went up so, it's a good thing I bought them so early! :banana:

I will definitely let everyone know how my ADR's go after my trip, I'm sure everything will be good! I have yet to eat at a bad place in Disney, there are just some places that are way better than others!

Definitely going to see the castle at MK the first night...it's unbelievable how beautiful it is with the Christmas lights on it! I don't even think we did anything the first night we went to MK last year, we just stared at the castle for a while! :lovestruc

Your ADRs look awesome! :thumbsup2 I love Tusker House. DH and I did breakfast there on our honeymoon and it was soooo yummy! :lovestruc I really want to try Les Chefs De France and Mama Melrose and Ohana. I'm not much help because I haven't had any of them! But they all sound delicious! :goodvibes

Hey Jen! Followed you over from my PTR. Sounds like a fun trip! We were originally planning on going around the holidays but ended up changing our plans. It is such an awesome time to go and the WL is AMAZING at Christmas.

So did you ever get to TS3? If you thought that part with Emily was sad just wait till you see the new one. Oh my, I started crying on a couple of occasions. But it was a great movie. I hope you get to see it soon if you haven't already!

Hi, :welcome:! I love going to WDW around the holidays! One day I would like to go closer to Christmas, but for now, November is good! I love the WL for a fall/winter trip! I don't know if I could stay there in the summer, but for November, it's perfect...even if it is 80 degrees outside still! :)

I didn't get to TS3 yet, hopefully this weekend! I'm prepared to be crying...but is it really worse than the Jessie/Emily part? I don't know if I can handle that, that was such a sad scene! :sad1:

Your ADRs look awesome! :thumbsup2 I love Tusker House. DH and I did breakfast there on our honeymoon and it was soooo yummy! :lovestruc I really want to try Les Chefs De France and Mama Melrose and Ohana. I'm not much help because I haven't had any of them! But they all sound delicious! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so excited about Tusker House, but I think I may have to change the day, I just don't see Brandon being ok with 2 character breakfasts in a row. And it will give us something to look forward to later in the week, when I start getting depressed because we will be going home soon!

Mama Melrose is great, if it's not on your ADR list, it should be! It's so pretty inside, the food is really good, and the desserts are amazing! :banana:

DD-marketplace_Fultons-Crab-House.jpg

Fulton's! I have no interest in this place, but every time DH sees it he wants to go. I have yet to make the ADR for it, but I'm going to, although I'm not sure if it will be arrival day...

I've heard they are really good!

Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:25 am

DSC00026.jpg

We love breakfasts before the park opens...we're going there too!

Dinner at Les Chef's de France, 5:30 pm

DSC08540.jpg

We are also going there...I will let you know how it is. My mom and sister just went in February and said it was their favorite meal.

Breakfast at Tusker House at 8:35 am

DSC09978.jpg

Love this place too! We will also be doing this before the park opens.

Dinner at Mama Melrose's at 5:25 pm

Streets_of_America_53.jpg

Went there last year...it was good, but I guess you already know that ;)

November 17, Wednesday

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, 12:00 pm

DSC09715.jpg

We were going to have dinner there this trip, but changed it to Ohana when we booked the Poly.

November 18, Thursday

Dinner at Ohana, 5:00

DSC02344.jpg

I'm thinking since Kona is the one place other than Crystal Palace that Brandon said he wanted to go back to, I might just switch back to Kona. I know he wants to get sushi from the little sushi bar they have and since it is his trip too, I will most likely switch. If anyone has had dinner at Ohana, let me know how it is!

We are going to both Kona and Ohana on our August trip, so I will let you know how it goes.

November 19, Friday, our last day. :(

Dinner at Le Cellier, of course, at 7:15!

DSC08517.jpg

We're having dinner here too...never been here before and can't wait!

You have a lot of the same ADRs as we do! (See my comments above in purple.) Hope we all enjoy them! :goodvibes

ADR's sound good! We love Le Cellier, but I'm sure you don't need a review there. 'Ohana was absolutely delicious when we went there last July. I think it was the favorite restaurant of most of my group. Yeah, you have to live with what they give you, but what they give you is so tasty you won't mind. The bread pudding alone is worth the trip - and I thought I hated bread pudding before I tried theirs! Mama Melrose is usually quite good. I love their tomato/mozzarella salad. We had a bad experience with Crystal Palace, but I've heard their breakfast is nice. Liberty Tree Tavern was fun back when they had the characters, but we've never been for lunch. I haven't tried Tusker House and Fulton's, but would love to someday.

Good choices!!

You have a lot of the same ADRs as we do! (See my comments above in purple.) Hope we all enjoy them! :goodvibes

Definitely let me know about Ohana, everyone here has said it's very good, so I'm probably going to keep it! I just want to check with my DH and see if he was really set on going to Kona! I have no problem with that, Kona is great, I just thought it would be fun to try something new!!! :)

ADR's sound good! We love Le Cellier, but I'm sure you don't need a review there. 'Ohana was absolutely delicious when we went there last July. I think it was the favorite restaurant of most of my group. Yeah, you have to live with what they give you, but what they give you is so tasty you won't mind. The bread pudding alone is worth the trip - and I thought I hated bread pudding before I tried theirs! Mama Melrose is usually quite good. I love their tomato/mozzarella salad. We had a bad experience with Crystal Palace, but I've heard their breakfast is nice. Liberty Tree Tavern was fun back when they had the characters, but we've never been for lunch. I haven't tried Tusker House and Fulton's, but would love to someday.

Good choices!!

Ohana definitely seems to have a lot of variety so I'm sure I will find something I like! That bread pudding looks fantastic, and I've never even had any interest in trying bread pudding! I love Crystal Palace, I'm sorry you had a bad experience there, was it lunch or dinner? Breakfast there is fantastic! :cool1: I'm excited to try LTT, it sounds like it's going to be very good! :)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share a few Disney things I bought in the past few days!

On Saturday, DH and I went to the only Disney store in CT and they were having a huge sale!!! I wanted to buy so much stuff, especially this adorable stuffed Flower that I saw, but I limited myself to one thing-a shirt for my trip!

I know it's a little crazy to buy a shirt for a trip that is still almost 5 months away but I saw this and couldn't resist!

IMG_1280-1.jpg

Closer view:

IMG_1281.jpg

:lovestruc Isn't it so cute! I love it! I kind of wish it was a V neck, and another color other than white, since I'll probably get it dirty the first time I wear it, but it's so cute!

I got the size I would wear now, but I'm HOPING to be much smaller by then! So if it's huge on me, I'll stick it in the dryer and hopefully shrink it a little! Or just wear it big to remind myself how much weight I've lost (which as of now, is nothing, but I've been doing really good this week and am hoping by the end of the week I'll have lost something!).

The other thing I got this week came in the mail today, and I am SO excited about this:

IMG_1283-1.jpg

The Disney Parks DVD's!!!! :banana: I can't wait to watch them, I want to call out of work and watch all 6 DVD's tomorrow! Luckily I only have to work til 3:30 so I'll have plenty of time after work to watch! I'll probably watch one of them tonight, because I know there is no way I'll be able to wait til tomorrow!

*Sigh* I'm getting so anxious for my trip to hurry up and get here...and I still have almost 5 months! :scared1:

I love that shirt! It is so cute. And I don't think it's crazy to buy a shirt for a trip 5 months away.... I've bought some for my trip that's six months away. :lmao:

You'll have to post what you think about those dvds. I just added them to my Netflix account, but won't be able to watch them for awhile.

LOVE the shirt and I ordered the same DVD's for Mark for Father's Day. Oh, and we're with you -- NOT dressing up at Disney; that's why we don't do Signature restaurants. Mark says if he is dressing up he'll go to downtown Chicago for a nice dinner after work.;)

Oooh, I wonder what those DVDs are like! I bet I would love those. Great find!

I like the Tink shirt too.

Hey girl! I love that shirt! It's sooo cute! :lovestruc There is a Disney Store Outlet about an hour and a half from my house and I am dying to go there and buy some stuff for my trip. I promised myself I would wait until a little closer to the actual date. We'll see if I can hold out! :laughing:

Yay! You got the Disney Parks DVDs! I bought those at Sam's Club and I have already watched them too many times to count. Usually I leave one in the DVD player every night and fall asleep watching it! :rotfl:

I love that shirt! It is so cute. And I don't think it's crazy to buy a shirt for a trip 5 months away.... I've bought some for my trip that's six months away. :lmao:

You'll have to post what you think about those dvds. I just added them to my Netflix account, but won't be able to watch them for awhile.

Thanks! Well as long as it's normal to buy clothes for a trip that's so far away, I thought I was being ridiculous! :rotfl:

I watched half of the first DVD so far, the Behind the Scenes of WDW...it's the same one they show on the Travel Channel. I kind of had a feeling it was, but it's nice to have it so I can watch it whenever I want and not have to worry about deleting it from my DVR accidentally or something! :rotfl:

LOVE the shirt and I ordered the same DVD's for Mark for Father's Day. Oh, and we're with you -- NOT dressing up at Disney; that's why we don't do Signature restaurants. Mark says if he is dressing up he'll go to downtown Chicago for a nice dinner after work.;)

Thanks! Did you get the DVD's yet? I have to go walking with my friend in a few minutes, so I can't watch any more of them yet, but as soon as I get back, I'm watching some of them! :cool1:

Yeah I could never dress up at Disney! That's why I cancelled my ADR at Yachtsman last year and went to Captain's Grille instead...I would love to try Yachtsman, but there's no way I'm walking around a park all day in a dress and nice shoes! :laughing:

Oooh, I wonder what those DVDs are like! I bet I would love those. Great find!

I like the Tink shirt too.

I think a few of the DVD's are some of the same shows they have had on the Travel Channel...I know the Behind the Scenes one is, and probably the Disney Cruise. I'm going to watch the Disneyland one next, I'm kind of fascinated by Disneyland, I want to go there SO bad someday, but whenever I have a choice between WDW or DL, WDW always wins! :rotfl:

Hey girl! I love that shirt! It's sooo cute! :lovestruc There is a Disney Store Outlet about an hour and a half from my house and I am dying to go there and buy some stuff for my trip. I promised myself I would wait until a little closer to the actual date. We'll see if I can hold out! :laughing:

Yay! You got the Disney Parks DVDs! I bought those at Sam's Club and I have already watched them too many times to count. Usually I leave one in the DVD player every night and fall asleep watching it! :rotfl:

Hey, thanks, isn't that shirt so cute!!! :) There was a Winnie the Pooh one that I really liked too but it was purple and I have so many purple clothes so I went with the Tink shirt. I want to wear all Disney shirts when I go back in November! :rotfl: I think once you hit the 180 mark and make your ADR's, you can buy some stuff for your trip! :cool1: I wish I had a Disney Store Outlet around here, I don't think they exist in CT!

Soooo happy I bought those DVD's! :lovestruc I can't wait to watch more! :)

Hey, thanks, isn't that shirt so cute!!! :) There was a Winnie the Pooh one that I really liked too but it was purple and I have so many purple clothes so I went with the Tink shirt. I want to wear all Disney shirts when I go back in November! :rotfl: I think once you hit the 180 mark and make your ADR's, you can buy some stuff for your trip! :cool1: I wish I had a Disney Store Outlet around here, I don't think they exist in CT!

Soooo happy I bought those DVD's! :lovestruc I can't wait to watch more! :)

I am the exact same as you- I have sooo many purple clothes! :rotfl: I think the Tink shirt was a great idea. I want to wear all Disney shirts when I go, too! I definitely need to get some new ones! I am so close to that 180 day mark! :yay:

We used to have a regular Disney Store in the mall five minutes from my house. My sister worked there and the discount she got was awesome, but they closed it down. :mad: But since the other store is an outlet it's still pretty cheap, so I try to make the trip out there every now and again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!