Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

It's not that I can't do more than 10 minutes, it was the heat and humidity! It was awful, I was melting!!! Luckily, I convinced DH last night and tonight to go for a walk with me so that's been my exercise so far this week! Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, not so hot, so I'll give the elliptical a try again! :)

That is awesome girl! I am so proud of you!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi everyone!

So it's looking more and more like I might have to downgrade our resort...there are just so many expenses coming up this summer that I never even considered when booking the Wilderness Lodge! :confused3

I know it's ridiculous...but I just get SO sad at the thought of NOT staying at WL! :sad1: It's stupid, I know, the important thing is being there, and I'm not exactly a deluxe snob. It's not because WL is a deluxe, it's just so beautiful around Christmastime...and I LOVE the location, a 5 minute boat ride to MK, you can't beat that! :cool1:

I don't know what to do. Things are such a struggle right now and if we didn't have to put so much aside for Disney, it would be a lot easier! Then again, it's only 4 months and 2 weeks more of saving then it will be over! :rotfl: I have such ridiculous logic when it comes to WDW...I can rationalize anything! :laughing:

I am going to keep my WL room for as long as I can, like I planned to do in the beginning of this PTR. But I'm going to keep telling myself I might have to downgrade so if I actually end up doing it I won't be so disappointed if it happens!

I just hope free dining gets extended, because that would save me the most money and I could at least be happy about that if I downgrade! :woohoo:

I would LOVE to stay at a Deluxe resort, but with 3 kids, that just isn't an option unless we hit the lottery! Hopefully you can keep it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

That is awesome girl! I am so proud of you!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Awww, thanks!! :hug: I'm doing pretty good with eating too...my huge problem right now is drinks! :rotfl: No, not alcohol, sugary drinks! I'm addicted to iced tea, which I can drink by the gallon, and my DH had this huge thing of Hawaiian Punch that I drank almost half of. Not good, all that sugar adds up and just piles on calories! I'm trying to break the habit but it's soooo hard!!! The Hawaiian Punch and iced tea are gone now, so hopefully that will force me to drink water or something diet from now on! :cool1:

Awww, thanks!! :hug: I'm doing pretty good with eating too...my huge problem right now is drinks! :rotfl: No, not alcohol, sugary drinks! I'm addicted to iced tea, which I can drink by the gallon, and my DH had this huge thing of Hawaiian Punch that I drank almost half of. Not good, all that sugar adds up and just piles on calories! I'm trying to break the habit but it's soooo hard!!! The Hawaiian Punch and iced tea are gone now, so hopefully that will force me to drink water or something diet from now on! :cool1:

I know that feeling! Mine is Diet Coke!!!

Awww sounds like we both had bad news for our trips. I hope you don't have to downgrade from WL. It's such a lovely resort at x-mas time. But if things are tough, it's best to save money where you can and make it up on another trip :goodvibes Or try to work out a budget that works well so you can save up for your stay at WL

Or you could try a split stay? :confused3

Aww, I hate to hear you might have to downgrade. :guilty: But you have to do what makes the most sense for you financially. Have you thought about where you might stay if you don't end up at WL? For our January trip, I wasn't so sure if we should do deluxe, so I made tons of spreadsheets comparing AKL to POFQ (our mod choice) and found there was only a $200 difference so I figured it was worth it. Sometimes seeing the actual figures make it much easier to make a decision - whatever that decision may be. :goodvibes

And good job with the exercise! 10 minutes is definitely not a bad start! Maybe you could get a fan for that room so it would be a little more tolerable? :confused3 Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry you may have to downgrade...I know how much you love WL. But you are right...at least you will still be going. Unfortunately, we may have to cancel the Disney part of our trip and just do Marco Island. We've had to replace our computer, lawn mower and now our stove/oven is not working (add to that we had to pay over $700 in hospital bills for our son's knee surgery that the insurance did not pick up). I'll keep my fingers crossed that you won't have to switch your resort.

I'm in! I hope you guys do get to stay at WL. I agree, it's absolutely beautiful at that time of the year. Your ADR's look awesome!

On the exercise front, do you have any aversion to bike riding? It's something I've been trying to get back into, since I'd lost a fair bit of weight a year ago when I was riding my bike halfway to work and halfway home. I've gained it all back after a job change, but I do plan on getting back on my bike.

Have a great night!

Hey girl! I'm sorry to hear about your resort dilemma. :sad2: You're not being ridiculous at all! I completely understand why it is important for you to stay there! It's not being snobby, it's just a part of your trip that is very important to you! I really hope it all works out so you can stay there. :hug:

I am the same as you when it comes to sugary drinks. While I only drink diet sodas, I love Hawaiian Punch and sweet tea! I found Hawaiian Punch sweetened with Splenda at Wal Mart and it tastes the exact same! Also, I make my own "healthier" tea. Just boil a pot of water with 2 cups of Splenda (Now remember, I am a southern girl so I like my tea SWEET. 2 cups might make your hair curl! :rotfl:), when it comes to a boil turn it off and add two large Luzanne ice tea bags. Let it sit for about twenty mintues, and voila! Delicious and sugar free sweet tea! :goodvibes

I would LOVE to stay at a Deluxe resort, but with 3 kids, that just isn't an option unless we hit the lottery! Hopefully you can keep it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I know what you mean, that's kind of why I like staying in deluxes now while I can because I know if/when I have a kid, it will be a thing of the past! I wish I could win the lottery, then I wouldn't have to worry about it! In fact, I'd probably upgrade to the Poly!

Awww sounds like we both had bad news for our trips. I hope you don't have to downgrade from WL. It's such a lovely resort at x-mas time. But if things are tough, it's best to save money where you can and make it up on another trip :goodvibes Or try to work out a budget that works well so you can save up for your stay at WL

Or you could try a split stay?

WL is really beautiful at Christmas, which is why I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do! :eek: I know that we can pay for it, but I'm actually thinking of how much extra spending money we will have when we are there if I downgrade, and how we won't have to be SO strict with saving every week (we put a certain amount of money aside each week to save up for Disney, we don't put our trip on a credit card or anything, and we usually pay it off a few days before the 45 day due date!).

I wouldn't mind doing a split stay someday, but not this time, I don't like the idea of getting settled and then picking up and moving during the vacation. :confused3 And we are doing the dining plan, so I don't want to have to deal with separate reservations and everything. :)

Aww, I hate to hear you might have to downgrade. :guilty: But you have to do what makes the most sense for you financially. Have you thought about where you might stay if you don't end up at WL? For our January trip, I wasn't so sure if we should do deluxe, so I made tons of spreadsheets comparing AKL to POFQ (our mod choice) and found there was only a $200 difference so I figured it was worth it. Sometimes seeing the actual figures make it much easier to make a decision - whatever that decision may be. :goodvibes

And good job with the exercise! 10 minutes is definitely not a bad start! Maybe you could get a fan for that room so it would be a little more tolerable? :confused3 Keep up the good work!

I would probably stay at POR if we downgrade, but I'm also very interested in POFQ! I originally had us booked at POR for this trip, but then I upgraded us like, a week after to WL because the thought of not staying there was bothering me! :rotfl:

I have gone over the figures sooooo many times!!! I don't know the exact difference of what I'd be paying for WL over POR, but I know it's a good amount! I'll have to go over it again and I'll post the differences just so you know what I'm dealing with! :)

Oh and thank you about the exercise! :cool1: I took a walk at work today because it is SOOOO beautiful out today, and I'm going to attempt the elliptical again since it's not humid at all, I'm hoping I can do at least 20 minutes!

I'm sorry you may have to downgrade...I know how much you love WL. But you are right...at least you will still be going. Unfortunately, we may have to cancel the Disney part of our trip and just do Marco Island. We've had to replace our computer, lawn mower and now our stove/oven is not working (add to that we had to pay over $700 in hospital bills for our son's knee surgery that the insurance did not pick up). I'll keep my fingers crossed that you won't have to switch your resort.

Thanks, I hope we can stay with WL too, I do love it! :lovestruc But it won't be the end of the world if we don't, I'm happy I can go again at all, I never thought I'd get to go twice in one year!

I saw on your PTR that you might have to cancel the Disney part of your trip. :sad1: I hope you things work out for you guys and you can go still! I was looking forward to your TR!!! :laughing:

I'm in! I hope you guys do get to stay at WL. I agree, it's absolutely beautiful at that time of the year. Your ADR's look awesome!

On the exercise front, do you have any aversion to bike riding? It's something I've been trying to get back into, since I'd lost a fair bit of weight a year ago when I was riding my bike halfway to work and halfway home. I've gained it all back after a job change, but I do plan on getting back on my bike.

Have a great night!

Hi, :welcome: I actually started reading your PTR but I never got around to subbing, I don't know why, I do that sometimes! Sometimes the DIS is hard to keep up with, and I feel like I'm on here all the time! :rotfl: Thanks about WL, I hope we can stay there but like I said, I'm just happy to be going at all!

I don't know if I have an aversion to bike riding...I haven't been on a bike in years! :scared1: I could never ride one to work though, unfortunately, I drive 25 minutes to and from work every day so there's no way I could bike that! :rotfl: It might be nice to try to do, just for something different every once in a while! I don't even know if I have a working bike anywhere, either!:laughing:

Hey girl! I'm sorry to hear about your resort dilemma. :sad2: You're not being ridiculous at all! I completely understand why it is important for you to stay there! It's not being snobby, it's just a part of your trip that is very important to you! I really hope it all works out so you can stay there. :hug:

I am the same as you when it comes to sugary drinks. While I only drink diet sodas, I love Hawaiian Punch and sweet tea! I found Hawaiian Punch sweetened with Splenda at Wal Mart and it tastes the exact same! Also, I make my own "healthier" tea. Just boil a pot of water with 2 cups of Splenda (Now remember, I am a southern girl so I like my tea SWEET. 2 cups might make your hair curl! :rotfl:), when it comes to a boil turn it off and add two large Luzanne ice tea bags. Let it sit for about twenty mintues, and voila! Delicious and sugar free sweet tea! :goodvibes

Awww, thanks! :hug: I know we will have a great time even if we do downgrade. I talk to Brandon about this every night and I don't know why I bother because all he ever says is that it's up to me, he doesn't care where we stay, whatever. He likes WL but he liked ASMu too. He's never been to a mod but I'm sure he would like that too! I know I will be happy at POR or POFQ if we stay there, they look beautiful, and I will be in Disney World, how could I not be happy? :rotfl:

I didn't know they made Hawaiian Punch with Splenda!!! I have to find that, I'll have to go to Wal Mart sometime! And your iced tea sounds great, I actually bought those Lipton cold brew tea bags so I could start making pitchers of that and using Splenda but it's so much easier to buy iced tea with the sugar already in it! :rotfl:

(Just so you all know, I tried to post this and some message came up telling me I had too many smileys, so I had to take some out! That's never happened to me before, I love my smileys!)

I know what you mean, that's kind of why I like staying in deluxes now while I can because I know if/when I have a kid, it will be a thing of the past! I wish I could win the lottery, then I wouldn't have to worry about it! In fact, I'd probably upgrade to the Poly!

(Just so you all know, I tried to post this and some message came up telling me I had too many smileys, so I had to take some out! That's never happened to me before, I love my smileys!)

Ben said if we should ever win the lotter we are staying at the GF for a month! Hit those numbers baby!!!

And you can only post 25 images, including smilies, which is why my Play & Dine section is in 5 posts!:rotfl:

Ben said if we should ever win the lotter we are staying at the GF for a month! Hit those numbers baby!!!

And you can only post 25 images, including smilies, which is why my Play & Dine section is in 5 posts!:rotfl:

If I hit the lottery, the first thing I'm doing is buying DVC!!! Too bad I don't ever play the lottery...kind of hard to win if you don't play! :rotfl:

I had no idea about the 25 images rule...and that it applies to smileys! That's not fair!!! :rotfl2:

If I hit the lottery, the first thing I'm doing is buying DVC!!! Too bad I don't ever play the lottery...kind of hard to win if you don't play! :rotfl:

I had no idea about the 25 images rule...and that it applies to smileys! That's not fair!!! :rotfl2:

Hahaha, we never play either, so we will never win!

Yep, I realized that when I started on the first half of my Epcot post! So now I have to count & figure out how many posts there will be! Now I have to figure out where to leave off tomorrow for Hollywood Studios!:rotfl:

Hi, :welcome: I actually started reading your PTR but I never got around to subbing, I don't know why, I do that sometimes! Sometimes the DIS is hard to keep up with, and I feel like I'm on here all the time! :rotfl: Thanks about WL, I hope we can stay there but like I said, I'm just happy to be going at all!

I don't know if I have an aversion to bike riding...I haven't been on a bike in years! :scared1: I could never ride one to work though, unfortunately, I drive 25 minutes to and from work every day so there's no way I could bike that! :rotfl: It might be nice to try to do, just for something different every once in a while! I don't even know if I have a working bike anywhere, either!:laughing:

:lmao: Yeah, the Dis works like that sometimes :) I tend to play around on here while I'm at work (night shift sucks). I like lurking on the wedding boards :rotfl:

I was an hour and a half away from my work on the bus (about half an hour by car), so I'd ride my bike down to where I'd meet my bus connection and then take the bus the rest of the way. If there's a Craigslist listing for your area, you could look into that and see if there are any bikes listed. I don't know about other areas, but there are always tons of bikes listed here in the Chicago area :)

:lmao: Yeah, the Dis works like that sometimes :) I tend to play around on here while I'm at work (night shift sucks). I like lurking on the wedding boards :rotfl:

I was an hour and a half away from my work on the bus (about half an hour by car), so I'd ride my bike down to where I'd meet my bus connection and then take the bus the rest of the way. If there's a Craigslist listing for your area, you could look into that and see if there are any bikes listed. I don't know about other areas, but there are always tons of bikes listed here in the Chicago area :)

LOL, I lurked on the wedding boards after I got engaged, then it just started to upset me because I knew I wasn't getting married down there! :rotfl: I went back to your PTR and subbed finally! :)

I'm afraid to even get on a bike...I feel like I'd be able to ride it for like, 2 minutes then I'd have to get off and walk! When I went to the gym a few years ago, back when I had a membership, I always tried to do the bikes and could never do them for long because the seats hurt my butt so much! :rotfl2:

Hello all!!! Just wanted to share with you how much I'd be saving if I downgraded to POR, or even an AKL standard room! And share a little good news with you guys!

Right now, we are booked at WL with a courtyard view for 7 nights with 8 day park hopper tickets and the regular dining plan. It's not exactly $3000, but it might as well be. :eek: That's with the 40% off of the room I got with the pin code. Oh, and I also have the vacation insurance as well.

If I switched to a standard room at AKL, which I keep thinking about doing, because I really want to stay there and it is a bit cheaper, it would only save me $214. That's ok, but if I do end up staying here it will be because we want to stay at AKL, not because it's saving us a good amount of money. I mean, an extra $214 would be nice, but it's just not enough!

If I switch to POR and get the 30% room discount, it is a $677 difference from WL! :scared1: That's crazy!!! It would be really nice to have that money back and not worry about it! And if free dining gets extended to December, which would be soooo nice, it would be a $857 difference!:eek: That would be the best option of all, if free dining comes gets extended I am definitely switching, there is no way I'd be able to pass up that deal even if I do want to stay in WL so badly! :rotfl:

Now for the good news...it's a long story about my health insurance at work, and me paying for it even though I cancelled it, and my job telling me I was still covered through June even though I cancelled it at the beginning of the month yet still had to pay til the end of the month...not really important details! Except that I found out I wasn't actually covered after May 31! So I told my job today and they are reimbursing me for the whole month of June that i wasn't covered by them (I switched to my DH's health insurance after we got married!)!!!! I'm so happy :woohoo:, I paid a LOT of money each week, which made my checks pitiful, and now not only do I not have to have that taken out of my check each week anymore(it was close to $100 a week! :eek:) but I'll be getting money paid back to me for what I paid them in June! This could not have happened at a better time since I was stressing about money so badly right now! :cool1:

It helps my Disney trip a lot because now I can just take this money I get paid back to me and use it for the stupid tires I have to buy for my car! AND still save for Disney without worrying about how I really should be using my Disney money for tires (apparently my tires are really horrible and I needed to replace them like, yesterday!)!

So I'm still considering downgrading, and like I said, if free dining gets extended, I'm 99% sure I'll be downgrading that day, but as of now, I'm not so stressed about staying at WL! I am a little annoyed I have to use this extra money for tires when I really wish I could put it towards Disney :rotfl: but I guess there are some real life things that have to be taken care of too, it can't all just be Disney stuff! :rotfl2:

Sorry if I bored you guys, just thought I'd update you on my situation and share some happy news with you, even if it's kind of silly! :rotfl:

LOL, I lurked on the wedding boards after I got engaged, then it just started to upset me because I knew I wasn't getting married down there! :rotfl: I went back to your PTR and subbed finally! :)

I'm afraid to even get on a bike...I feel like I'd be able to ride it for like, 2 minutes then I'd have to get off and walk! When I went to the gym a few years ago, back when I had a membership, I always tried to do the bikes and could never do them for long because the seats hurt my butt so much! :rotfl2:

I don't even have a boyfriend right now (we actually broke up last week), but I know that if I ever get married, I'd like a Disney wedding. Yay for following my PTR! :lmao: I may have to start a new PTR soon, if that trip gets postponed. Such is life, though, right?

Actually, they do sell bike seats that are supposed to be more comfortable. I bought one for my bike (I got pressure sores after a very long bike ride), they're by Schwinn and called No-Pressure Seats. My dad repairs bikes as a hobby, so I'm used to hearing about parts and stuff, even though I never remember any of it because I'm not really listening :rolleyes1 But yeah, not everyone's comfortable on a bike :)

Hello all!!! Just wanted to share with you how much I'd be saving if I downgraded to POR, or even an AKL standard room! And share a little good news with you guys!

Right now, we are booked at WL with a courtyard view for 7 nights with 8 day park hopper tickets and the regular dining plan. It's not exactly $3000, but it might as well be. :eek: That's with the 40% off of the room I got with the pin code. Oh, and I also have the vacation insurance as well.

If I switched to a standard room at AKL, which I keep thinking about doing, because I really want to stay there and it is a bit cheaper, it would only save me $214. That's ok, but if I do end up staying here it will be because we want to stay at AKL, not because it's saving us a good amount of money. I mean, an extra $214 would be nice, but it's just not enough!

If I switch to POR and get the 30% room discount, it is a $677 difference from WL! :scared1: That's crazy!!! It would be really nice to have that money back and not worry about it! And if free dining gets extended to December, which would be soooo nice, it would be a $857 difference!:eek: That would be the best option of all, if free dining comes gets extended I am definitely switching, there is no way I'd be able to pass up that deal even if I do want to stay in WL so badly! :rotfl:

Now for the good news...it's a long story about my health insurance at work, and me paying for it even though I cancelled it, and my job telling me I was still covered through June even though I cancelled it at the beginning of the month yet still had to pay til the end of the month...not really important details! Except that I found out I wasn't actually covered after May 31! So I told my job today and they are reimbursing me for the whole month of June that i wasn't covered by them (I switched to my DH's health insurance after we got married!)!!!! I'm so happy :woohoo:, I paid a LOT of money each week, which made my checks pitiful, and now not only do I not have to have that taken out of my check each week anymore(it was close to $100 a week! :eek:) but I'll be getting money paid back to me for what I paid them in June! This could not have happened at a better time since I was stressing about money so badly right now! :cool1:

It helps my Disney trip a lot because now I can just take this money I get paid back to me and use it for the stupid tires I have to buy for my car! AND still save for Disney without worrying about how I really should be using my Disney money for tires (apparently my tires are really horrible and I needed to replace them like, yesterday!)!

So I'm still considering downgrading, and like I said, if free dining gets extended, I'm 99% sure I'll be downgrading that day, but as of now, I'm not so stressed about staying at WL! I am a little annoyed I have to use this extra money for tires when I really wish I could put it towards Disney :rotfl: but I guess there are some real life things that have to be taken care of too, it can't all just be Disney stuff! :rotfl2:

Sorry if I bored you guys, just thought I'd update you on my situation and share some happy news with you, even if it's kind of silly! :rotfl:

Wow... That's a huge difference if you downgrade and free dining gets extended. I'm hoping they'll extend it so I can possibly get it for my October trip, but I'm not sure on that, since I'll be staying at Pop. Your insurance situation is also awesome :) That's great that you're going to get money back from your employer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter