• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

I've always wanted to go during the holidays, so I'll join your report and live vicariously, 'kay?

I plan to stay at AKL one of these times, but my philosophy is if you're going to stay there, you might as well do savannah view! Good luck with your final choice.

Hi, :welcome:!

I used to think the same way about staying at AKL, about wanting to stay with a savannah view, but I really don't think it matters, they have little viewing areas, and really, as much as I LOVE the animals, I really don't think I'd spend a so much time looking at them that I'd need them right outside my window! Although waking up and seeing them is probably pretty cool! :cool1:

Joining in on all the planning fun!

Woo hoo, :welcome:!!!

I found you! :woohoo:

I think WL is the cheapest of the deluxes, along with AKL. Personally, we don't care for the WL -- don't get me wrong, it is beautifully done, but the theme does not appeal to us in Florida (but I'm sure at Chsitmas time it is simply beautiful). The only other option would be to go to a moderate for something cheaper.

Yay, glad you found me!!! :cool1:

I can see how WL isn't for everyone! And I don't think I would like to stay there during the summer, or even the fall, but since it's the "holidays" (in November!) I really love it there, and it's special to me because that's where DH and I got engaged and it was our first deluxe resort!

I'm in!

I think I'd stick with the Wilderness Lodge. I've stayed there twice (both Courtyard views) and loved it. Plus, what's more Christmas-y than sitting in a rocking chair in front of a giant fire place?

Woo hoo, hiiii!!! :)

I loved WL too, I loved how the resort wasn't decorated for Christmas in the beginning of the week and then one morning we wake up and the huge tree is in the lobby!

jenn!! i didn't even know you started your first PTR! well, you know i'm here of course! alrighty, going back to catch up!

Lol, yeah, I started it yesterday, I put it in an update in my TR, but I think I might have to go back and update again! :rotfl: Happy you found me! :)

I am joining in on the fun.

Yay, glad you're here! :)

Alright here's the plan...I'm going to go call WDW right now and find out what rooms are now available at WL with my pin...keep your fingers crossed for woods view!!! popcorn::

Just a little mini update, nothing important really, just a few random things...

1. I just called Disney about checking for a woods view room with my pin. It brightened my day for the 6 minutes I was on the phone, just being connected to Disney for a few minutes, even if it was only on the phone! The CM was really nice, but unfortunately, the only woods view rooms they had available were bunk bed rooms. :( Oh well. Guess I'll keep the courtyard view for now!

I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do with resorts right now...I'm torn between wanted to stay at WL again and wanting to have more spending money, or just spending less in general on vacation and switching to POR. Luckily, I don't have to decide for a couple more months, and I'm REALLY hoping to get a free dining pin OR for Disney to extend the free dining for Aug/Sept into the rest of the fall months. That would be perfect!

And there is also this:

IMG_1208-1.jpg

:) :rotfl: :) :rotfl:

Yes I made that! :rotfl: Originally, I wasn't going to upgrade to WL until that jar was full...but then I figured I should just book WL now in case all the rooms booked up. Hopefully my jar will get filled up and it will be a decent amount of $$$ in there! :cool1:

2. I don't know if anyone was wondering about the title of my PTR...I was having such a hard time coming up with a title! I didn't really need anything clever, I just wanted something cute, and that had something to do with Christmas or the Holidays! The best I was coming up with was "Christmas in November", things like that. So I went on you tube and watched part of the MVMCP parade, which I loved soooo much last year to see if anything would jump out at me! I kept hearing them say "once upon a christmastime" and I thought that was cute! So that's it!

3. Southwest is supposed to open their booking window tomorrow, which means I should be able to buy my plane tickets tomorrow, as long as they are not outrageously expensive! :rolleyes1 Really hope the prices are ok, since I don't want to deal with any other airport than Bradley (Hartford, CT) this time! I wish I could fly Jet Blue out of there, but I think they are starting to fly out of Hartford a week after I get back or something! Grrr!!!

4. I was supposed to start exercising/weight watchers today for my Disney trip. But of course, I wake up with a cold. :sick: I honestly have not had a cold for months...and now I have one in the middle of June! :sad1:

Just a little mini update, nothing important really, just a few random things...

1. I just called Disney about checking for a woods view room with my pin. It brightened my day for the 6 minutes I was on the phone, just being connected to Disney for a few minutes, even if it was only on the phone! The CM was really nice, but unfortunately, the only woods view rooms they had available were bunk bed rooms. :( Oh well. Guess I'll keep the courtyard view for now!

I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do with resorts right now...I'm torn between wanted to stay at WL again and wanting to have more spending money, or just spending less in general on vacation and switching to POR. Luckily, I don't have to decide for a couple more months, and I'm REALLY hoping to get a free dining pin OR for Disney to extend the free dining for Aug/Sept into the rest of the fall months. That would be perfect!

And there is also this:

IMG_1208-1.jpg

Yes I made that! :rotfl: Originally, I wasn't going to upgrade to WL until that jar was full...but then I figured I should just book WL now in case all the rooms booked up. Hopefully my jar will get filled up and it will be a decent amount of $$$ in there! :cool1:

2. I don't know if anyone was wondering about the title of my PTR...I was having such a hard time coming up with a title! I didn't really need anything clever, I just wanted something cute, and that had something to do with Christmas or the Holidays! The best I was coming up with was "Christmas in November", things like that. So I went on you tube and watched part of the MVMCP parade, which I loved soooo much last year to see if anything would jump out at me! I kept hearing them say "once upon a christmastime" and I thought that was cute! So that's it!

3. Southwest is supposed to open their booking window tomorrow, which means I should be able to buy my plane tickets tomorrow, as long as they are not outrageously expensive! :rolleyes1 Really hope the prices are ok, since I don't want to deal with any other airport than Bradley (Hartford, CT) this time! I wish I could fly Jet Blue out of there, but I think they are starting to fly out of Hartford a week after I get back or something! Grrr!!!

4. I was supposed to start exercising/weight watchers today for my Disney trip. But of course, I wake up with a cold. :sick: I honestly have not had a cold for months...and now I have one in the middle of June! :sad1:

Love the jar! We used one of Shelby's old cans of powdered formula! Works great!

Get better soon!!!:hug:

UGH! I am so sorry. :sick: I think it's my fault... I've been battling a cold, then I comment on your pre-trip report and you catch it! (Didn't you know germs can pass through the internet? :rotfl:)

It is hard to exercise and diet with a cold - and impossible to START exercising and dieting with one. Get well soon. Then worry about getting in shape.

I have been dealing with that darn cold for the last 4 days. Strange time of year for a cold :(. Feel better soon! I know what you mean about the plane tickets. I have not bought mine yet, but the prices are crazy at least compared to what I just paid to go in May. We will see about SW tomorrow! Crossing fingers!

Oh Jen! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that "fund" bucket! That's such a great idea! It's ok about not starting exercising/weight watchers yesterday...you can start as soon as you get better!

Love the jar! We used one of Shelby's old cans of powdered formula! Works great!

Get better soon!!!:hug:

Lol...thanks! I almost didn't post pics of the jar...I mean, it's so ridiculous...but it's HUGE and if I fill it, it will be a LOT of extra money, so whatever! :rotfl:

UGH! I am so sorry. :sick: I think it's my fault... I've been battling a cold, then I comment on your pre-trip report and you catch it! (Didn't you know germs can pass through the internet? :rotfl:)

It is hard to exercise and diet with a cold - and impossible to START exercising and dieting with one. Get well soon. Then worry about getting in shape.

So it's your fault I'm sick? Thanks! :rotfl2:

Yeah it's way to hard to diet and exercise with a cold...I don't feel that bad, I'm not staying home from work or anything, so I could probably push myself and exercise but I'd rather not. I just want to take it easy and get better, I hate being sick! :sick:

I have been dealing with that darn cold for the last 4 days. Strange time of year for a cold :(. Feel better soon! I know what you mean about the plane tickets. I have not bought mine yet, but the prices are crazy at least compared to what I just paid to go in May. We will see about SW tomorrow! Crossing fingers!

It's weird, a lot of people have colds now! I'm just annoyed because I haven't been sick in SOOOOO long...I mean, I didn't even get a cold in the winter so it bothers me that I have a cold now, but I'm sure it will be gone soon!

Did you check SW today? The website was having problems before...I'll let you know how I did, I'm going to do another mini update in a second!

Oh Jen! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that "fund" bucket! That's such a great idea! It's ok about not starting exercising/weight watchers yesterday...you can start as soon as you get better!

:rotfl: Thanks, glad you like my jar! It's from Costco, it was a giant jar of pretzels so I converted it into my Wilderness Lodge fund! I hope I can fill it! Or at least 3/4 of the way!

I'm definitely starting WW/exercising as soon as I'm better. Although now might be a good time to start weight watchers since I can no longer smell or taste anything! I think that's what I hate most about being sick, it doesn't matter if I have a tiny little cold or the flu, I will lose the ability to taste or smell things every time! Ugh! I wish there was something I could do to speed up the process of recovering my sense of smell and taste, but nothing seems to work! :confused3

Another mini update!

I bought our plane tickets!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Soooo excited, I was nervous about Southwest, I thought they would be really expensive, and the way people were talking over on the transportation board, they really had me expecting the worst! I kept checking the mobile website on my phone when I was at work and I kept getting some "oops" message...then I finally got to check prices and they were ok! I got to leave work a little early today so I raced home and booked my flights! Even with the Early Bird Check In that I added on it still came out to under $600!! I was thinking I'd have to spend around $700, so I'm happy I didn't!

Yay, another part of our trip is set!!! Can it just be November now??? :woohoo:

We put loose change in ours & in 2 weeks we had close to $50.00 saved!

And yay for booking the plane tickets!!!:banana:

And there is also this:

IMG_1208-1.jpg

I love the WL jar! :thumbsup2 Keep trying for that woods view room--people cancel/change dates all the time.

I always seem to get sick when I want to start losing weight or right after I actually started....I think it's my body's fighting me to hang on to those extra pounds! :rotfl2: Seriously though, I hope you feel better! :goodvibes

Another mini update!

I bought our plane tickets!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Soooo excited, I was nervous about Southwest, I thought they would be really expensive, and the way people were talking over on the transportation board, they really had me expecting the worst! I kept checking the mobile website on my phone when I was at work and I kept getting some "oops" message...then I finally got to check prices and they were ok! I got to leave work a little early today so I raced home and booked my flights! Even with the Early Bird Check In that I added on it still came out to under $600!! I was thinking I'd have to spend around $700, so I'm happy I didn't!

Yay, another part of our trip is set!!! Can it just be November now??? :woohoo:

That is great! I am not having much luck with my tickets :(. I will keep trying though.

Congratulations on purchasing the airline tickets. I was so happy when we purchased ours for our September trip -- round trip for both of us for $398. But I'm furious with the airline right now and won't do it again -- next time I go with a major airline at O'Hare and not out of Midway. You live and learn. ;)

I'm here!!popcorn::

Great news on the upgrade to WL, but I do have a suggestion! Before DH and I had kids, we didn't spend enough time in the room to justify more than a Mod. We didn't need nap time and more importantly, we didn't have a stroller to lug around so taking the busses was never an issue. Now that we have kids, we definitely go for convenience over $$$. What I'm getting at is....save your money now and stay at POR. When you have kids, spend the money you saved and upgrade to WL or another deluxe MK resort! You'll appreciate the boats & the Monorail even more then!:thumbsup2

Congrats on the airfare! I'm still waiting to book ours. I can't believe how much fares have gone up. :eek: We've never paid more than $150/person to fly to MCO from Detroit. In fact, last year we paid about $350 total for all 3 of us and that included our checked bags. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that fares go down soon or we may be driving down and I don't look forward to 20 hours in the car with 2 kiddos!:headache:

Oh, and I love the Disney fund jar! We have a bowl on the kitchen counter that we turn in every year before our trip. I think it had $240 in it last year!

We put loose change in ours & in 2 weeks we had close to $50.00 saved!

And yay for booking the plane tickets!!!:banana:

$50 every 2 weeks would be great! I'm not sure how much is in there now...I'm tempted to count but I'd rather just wait and see how full it gets! :)

I love the WL jar! :thumbsup2 Keep trying for that woods view room--people cancel/change dates all the time.

I always seem to get sick when I want to start losing weight or right after I actually started....I think it's my body's fighting me to hang on to those extra pounds! :rotfl2: Seriously though, I hope you feel better! :goodvibes

Definitely going to keep trying for the woods view, although, it's not really going to save me much $$$. :confused3 I'm leaning towards going back to POR more and more...I don't know...:confused:

Lol, seriously, whenever I tell myself I'm going to start dieting/exercising I always get some random pain or sickness that prevents me from starting! It's almost like I have to trick my body and just start and not psych myself up for it!

I am feeling much better today! I can partially smell and taste again! :banana:

That is great! I am not having much luck with my tickets :(. I will keep trying though.

I'm sure you will find something good! I mean, of course I would have liked to have found lower prices, but I just get nervous waiting to see if prices drop! I'm not an experienced traveller like that! :rotfl:

Congratulations on purchasing the airline tickets. I was so happy when we purchased ours for our September trip -- round trip for both of us for $398. But I'm furious with the airline right now and won't do it again -- next time I go with a major airline at O'Hare and not out of Midway. You live and learn. ;)

Wow $398, that's great! Why are you furious with the airline? :eek:

I'm here!!popcorn::

Great news on the upgrade to WL, but I do have a suggestion! Before DH and I had kids, we didn't spend enough time in the room to justify more than a Mod. We didn't need nap time and more importantly, we didn't have a stroller to lug around so taking the busses was never an issue. Now that we have kids, we definitely go for convenience over $$$. What I'm getting at is....save your money now and stay at POR. When you have kids, spend the money you saved and upgrade to WL or another deluxe MK resort! You'll appreciate the boats & the Monorail even more then!:thumbsup2

Congrats on the airfare! I'm still waiting to book ours. I can't believe how much fares have gone up. :eek: We've never paid more than $150/person to fly to MCO from Detroit. In fact, last year we paid about $350 total for all 3 of us and that included our checked bags. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that fares go down soon or we may be driving down and I don't look forward to 20 hours in the car with 2 kiddos!:headache:

Oh, and I love the Disney fund jar! We have a bowl on the kitchen counter that we turn in every year before our trip. I think it had $240 in it last year!

Yay, hi!!! :cool1:

I see what you're saying about WL/POR...we actually do take breaks in the afternoon, but we would be doing that either way, in a value, mod, or deluxe. I just spoiled myself last year staying in WL during our November trip, and now I don't want to stay anywhere else! But at the same time, I'd like to be smart for once and save some money, so I don't know! I'm going to keep the room for now because I think it will be easier to switch from WL to a mod later in the year than it will the other way around. :confused3

Yeah airfare is crazy right now! When we started planning this trip we were originally going to drive down, but then I decided I'm not wasting that much time driving when we can be in Disney! I hope prices go down for you and you find a good deal! :banana:

I wanted to do the same thing, but my DH had other ideas lol

Lol...I started this jar before our May trip, it was just a Disney fund back then...one day my DH had no money and it was like, the day before he got paid so he just took it upon himself to cash the change in and it was $38! :rotfl: He texted me at work to tell me he owed the Disney fund $38. I was a little disappointed that's all there was...and annoyed that he just took it! And he never replaced it! I'll have to remind him...:rotfl2:

Lol...I started this jar before our May trip, it was just a Disney fund back then...one day my DH had no money and it was like, the day before he got paid so he just took it upon himself to cash the change in and it was $38! :rotfl: He texted me at work to tell me he owed the Disney fund $38. I was a little disappointed that's all there was...and annoyed that he just took it! And he never replaced it! I'll have to remind him...:rotfl2:

Write an IOU for the $38 & put it in the jar, when you go to count it before the trip, hand him that paper!!!!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter