On the 4 day cruise, where are the professional photographers?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I can't wait to see what everyone is talking about when they say how great these professional photos are (taking 1st cruise, April). So where will we actually see them? Are they at the dinners at all? Are they just sort of randomly dispersed and you're lucky if you see one?

Jillpie said:
I can't wait to see what everyone is talking about when they say how great these professional photos are (taking 1st cruise, April).

While they do a good job, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Their skill is more on par with the run-of-the-mill Wal-Mart or Sears studio photographer and is not the sort of photography you'd expect to find in a higher-end studio.

If you're a serious amateur with a 35mm (or other, equally flexible) camera and you are able to take decent pictures in "manual" mode, you can probably hold your own with the Shutter's photographers. Where they have an advantage is they have backdrops, props, and strobe lights for formal shots. That's stuff you can't exactly pack and carry with you. :) They are also incredibly patient with cruisers, in my opinion.

The photographers work on commission on a team basis, so you'll be hard pressed to avoid them - especially in the evenings during dinner. I'm sure there will be no shortage of photos of you and your family available for purchase.

Sam

Many of the photo opportunies (portrait backdrops and character photos) will be listed in the navigator and shown on the plasma screen televisions in the atrium. You will also see photographers in Palos and sometimes in Tritons and at various spots on Castaway Cay. There are "regular" spots on the island, and they also walk around and take candid shots (even in the water!). And check out the cool Christmas cards you can buy on board. They have some new styles this year.
Barb

Never had a problem finding photographers and they don't "bother" you if you aren't "in the mood" for a picture!!!

Rae

Thanks everyone!
Sam, thanks for that insight, I'm really not looking for anything really formal, just on the par of what they do at DW. I love those photos. It would just be great that the whole family can get in the shot, instead of one of us (me) taking the picture. Thanks!

Jillpie said:
Thanks everyone!
Sam, thanks for that insight, I'm really not looking for anything really formal, just on the par of what they do at DW. I love those photos. It would just be great that the whole family can get in the shot, instead of one of us (me) taking the picture. Thanks!

I think you'll be happy, then. There won't be a shortage of fellow passengers willing to take your pictures either. I was certainly asked a lot - probably because I carry a SLR just about everywhere I go when on vacation.

Sam

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of candids the Shutters photographers take of my family. I'm not a big fan of posed shots-- and since I'm the photographer in my family I'm rarely in a photo! So I'm hoping to get a few cools pics with (gasp!) ME with my family!! :rolleyes:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest