Olympus Evolt E-500

jk120 said:
You would be sorry by purchasing the olympus cameras.
Jeff

Jeff, do you mean "would NOT be sorry..."?

I don't know anything about the 500, but I bought the EVOLT E-300 back in April, and am happy with it. I am new to the SLR world, and was afraid to invest too much just in case I realized it was not for me. So, I opted for Olympus, as I was able to purchase the body and two lenses at a much more affordable price ($629 thru Dell) than Canon or Nikon. Since then, the D50 and Rebel XT have dropped in price - those are both very excellent cameras, too, and have more lenses available. I guess it's really up to you to determine your wants (current and future). What helped me was going to www.pbase.com and doing a search on models... it helps to see what other people have done with the cameras.

Whatever you get, please be sure to post some shots so we can see!

Good luck... :wave:
Carol

Carolc said:
Whatever you get, please be sure to post some shots so we can see!

Good luck... :wave:
Carol

but what shots we get are based on the photographers skills, not the camera itself.

Good catch there.... your right I ment to say you wont be sorry with a purchase of an Olympus camera

I've had the E-500 for a few months now and it's a wonderful camera. From what i've read everyone says the kit lens are the best kit lens' available. The 40-150 is a little sharper then the 14-45.

Don't forget to go online and upgrade your lenses and camera with their new info!!

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to get the firmware updates.

Now the waiting begins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter