Older CP hopefuls.

Allieran3

Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a
Hi all, I figured it would be cool to have a place for us older CP to go and say hey, and if anyone has any worries or question. It's also a great way to find some roommates.

I'm Loni 35 on program
Looking to do Fall
At WDW
Character Attendant, Custodial, or MEO.

Goodluck to all who have applied!

Hi, Loni!
I'm Charleen. 40+. I applied for Concierge, Hospitality, and Merchandising for Fall 2013. Currently a Travel & Tourism student at a local college. I have my phone interview on Tuesday. Very excited.

Yay to being able to relate to older CP hopefuls!! My name is Debbie and this is my third time applying. Both first two times I made it to the wait list then was denied the last week of decisions. I applied last night and my app skipped the web interview stage (since they already had it on file from my prev apps last year) and I have an interview on Valentine's Day at 7:15 pm.

I am in my late 50's and have an Associates degree in hospitality/tourism and currently in my senior year working towards a Bachelors in Business Management. I went back to college 3 years ago after my kids were grown and learned about the CP through the Disboards. This would be my dream come true being able to work in a hospitality role at Disneyland - during my first interview the very sweet recruiter was really helpful in letting me decide which resort I would prefer (Grand Californian) and our interview lasted 35 minutes. She also asked questions about living with roommates and she even asked if I would prefer a studio since I was so much older The second recruiter was very nice but the interview was short and said since I didn't choose roles other than hospitality that it may hinder my acceptance :( So this time I chose several other options that I know I would be happy in but kept hospitality roles as my highest preference.

Have either of you applied before? If so, how were your interviews and what types of questions did they ask? If you have any questions regarding my interviews, feel free to ask.

Good luck! (also did you apply for WDW or DL?)

I am so glad to hear that other "old folks" are doing the College Program!:cool1::cool1: I am kind of obsessed with the hope of working at Disney after I retire from teaching (which I can do in 2 years). The worry that I may not get an interview thru the conventional application methods or after packing up everyting and moving to Florida that I may (Heaven forbid) not like working there...The CP seems like a great way to go.
So how old is too old? And how would it be living in an apartment with a bunch of 20 year olds? And would the 20 year olds be freaked out by having someone of my age in their apartment? (I am currently almost 53). Do many older adults participate?:confused3

I am happy to see I am not the only "older" college applicant. I have previously worked for The Disney Store about 17 years ago. And I was hired last year for a part-time merchandising role but could not except due to a family issue that has since been resolved. Now I am good to go if I am accepted to the DCP.
I do have a DS 20 that is attending college in that neck of the woods. So it would be real nice to see him more often.
I have been watching the CP videos on youtube also. Lots of information is out there for the searching.
I am looking forward to hearing from more people!

I don't think there is ever a wrong age. I applied to WDW and have my phone interview on Friday. I would gladly be anyone of your roommates!

My phone interview is tomorrow morning. So much for sleeping tonight. :crazy2:
I have been researching questions asked and writing down my answers. I would love to have roommates my age, but don't mind the young ones. I have kids that age. Good Luck everyone! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

:yay: Phone interview is done :yay:

It took a whole 12 minutes. It was a female interviewer, she was nice and spoke well.
I was prepared with a list of questions I found here on Dis, Facebook, and Youtube. I sat in my bedroom on my favorite chair. Nothing on to distract me. I took a few notes. The only question I was not prepared for was if I have ever worked with a VIP. Took me a couple of seconds to think but I have in previous employment. And what do I expect from Disney as a guest? That was easy, I am there often. I did let her know at the end that I am very familiar with all the resorts except AKL. Some questions asked:
Why the Disney College Program?
Why qualify for top role?
Why top three choices?
How has previous jobs helped with choices?
Prefer outside or inside work?
Work in group or alone?
Deal with repetitive work?
Cash handling experience?
Familiar with Disney look and can you meet the guidelines? Along with that was to you have any visible tattoos? I said none visible. She then asked if visible in one piece swimsuit, where, and how big? I told her where, size and what it is.
She then let me know that I will have an answer in 2 weeks on my dashboard. And if accepted an e-mail will contain more information on dates, roles, who to contact, etc...
I am really stoked, I think I have a chance. :cheer2:

hi my name Melissa, I'm in my late twenties and look for mature roommates. I did a cp in 2010 and was the best experience of my life. I was a resort hopper, 4 months in housekeeping and 4 months on front desk at pop century. I got my phone interview is feb 19

My phone interview is tomorrow morning. So much for sleeping tonight. :crazy2:
I have been researching questions asked and writing down my answers. I would love to have roommates my age, but don't mind the young ones. I have kids that age. Good Luck everyone! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

I like college age kids, too. and would be comfortable around most of them...I guess my concern is more how the college age kids would react to having a roommate as old or older than their mom!
But whatever... I can't even consider this for a couple more years. But for those of you who are applying now, best of luck to you!! Keep us posted on you progress!

misscpround2 said:
hi my name Melissa, I'm in my late twenties and look for mature roommates. I did a cp in 2010 and was the best experience of my life. I was a resort hopper, 4 months in housekeeping and 4 months on front desk at pop century. I got my phone interview is feb 19

Hi, I'm Loni 34 looking for mature roommates too! Good luck on your interview, mine is on Friday!

:yay: Phone interview is done :yay:

It took a whole 12 minutes. It was a female interviewer, she was nice and spoke well.
I was prepared with a list of questions I found here on Dis, Facebook, and Youtube. I sat in my bedroom on my favorite chair. Nothing on to distract me. I took a few notes. The only question I was not prepared for was if I have ever worked with a VIP. Took me a couple of seconds to think but I have in previous employment. And what do I expect from Disney as a guest? That was easy, I am there often. I did let her know at the end that I am very familiar with all the resorts except AKL. Some questions asked:
Why the Disney College Program?
Why qualify for top role?
Why top three choices?
How has previous jobs helped with choices?
Prefer outside or inside work?
Work in group or alone?
Deal with repetitive work?
Cash handling experience?
Familiar with Disney look and can you meet the guidelines? Along with that was to you have any visible tattoos? I said none visible. She then asked if visible in one piece swimsuit, where, and how big? I told her where, size and what it is.
She then let me know that I will have an answer in 2 weeks on my dashboard. And if accepted an e-mail will contain more information on dates, roles, who to contact, etc...
I am really stoked, I think I have a chance. :cheer2:

Sounds like you had a great interview - a little shorter than my first interview last year and about the same amount of time as my 2nd interview this Fall. Many of the questions were similar except with the 2nd one (why qualify for top role?). I recall my first interviewer asked about living with roommates and I told her I had raised 5 kids and always had a houseful of guests and she said that should prepare me for living in housing but she also said she was going to try to get a studio if I felt comfortable with that. I hope I get the same interviewer this time around! My 2nd interviewer was much shorter and to the point.

I really hope you get in - are you applying for WDW CP?

Also is anyone else here applying to the Disneyland CP?

Just got off the phone with Suzanne for my interview and I think it went well :goodvibes She was so sweet and very interesting to talk to - my interview lasted 23 minutes. I was so nervous because I think I missed the call on my cell phone even though it was right by me so she called my Google voice # and I felt it was like being on speaker phone.

I found out that the May CP starting date is for locals (which I am) who wouldn't need housing so I requested housing which would start in August. It would be a 45-60 minute commute for me so I decided housing would be best and hopefully fun!

She asked questions like:

Describe how I handled a difficult guest/person in the past.
Why the College Program?
My top 2 roles and why I chose them.
As the first person a guest would encounter, how would I make their experience a memorable one?

Now to watching my Dashboard day and night for the next 2-3 weeks! :hourglass

Hey!!!!!

It's so wonderful to see a borad for older CP's doing the program! When I first decided to apply my age was one of the main things I was worried about, however I went to a campus presentation during the Spring application round and one of the past CP's was a 50 year old woman! It definitely but my heart at ease to learn that there is NO SUCH THING as too old for Disney!

Anyways, I'm Krystal, Im 29 years old and this will be my first time applying for the Disney College Program! I applied last Friday whenapps came out, and I interviewed Sunday with a gentleman named Will! I thin the interview went well, but the longer it takes for acceptances to come out, the more holes I begin to see in the interview! Eek!

Anyways, Im looking forward to getting to know you all as we go through this process together!

Krystal

Welcome Krystal!

It is nice to have a place for us "older" CP hopefuls.
I think I did really well with the phone interview, but the waiting is nerve wracking. I check my dashboard a couple times a day. My DH is asking everyday if I have heard anything. I have read that some acceptances for the fall advantage have gone out already. BTW someone asked earlier, I applied for WDW.
Waiting patiently.popcorn::

Krystal1 said:
Hey!!!!!

It's so wonderful to see a borad for older CP's doing the program! When I first decided to apply my age was one of the main things I was worried about, however I went to a campus presentation during the Spring application round and one of the past CP's was a 50 year old woman! It definitely but my heart at ease to learn that there is NO SUCH THING as too old for Disney!

Anyways, I'm Krystal, Im 29 years old and this will be my first time applying for the Disney College Program! I applied last Friday whenapps came out, and I interviewed Sunday with a gentleman named Will! I thin the interview went well, but the longer it takes for acceptances to come out, the more holes I begin to see in the interview! Eek!

Anyways, Im looking forward to getting to know you all as we go through this process together!

Krystal

Hey Krystal, welcome :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!