Older CP hopefuls.

Krystal1 said:
Hey Guys :)

Just wondering if anyone is on Facebook. I was considering making a FB group for 25+ CP's and CP hopefuls for the Fall and Fall Advantage 2013 season.

Krys

Krystal,

It's funny you said that cause I was thinking of the samething! Go for it, if you need/want help I'll help ya.

Alanya

@ Krystal, if you do create 25+ cp group. please let me know! I'm 27 and if I get in, I would love to meet some mature-ish ladies, like myself. and hopefully maybe do some roommate matching!

misscpround2 said:
@ Krystal, if you do create 25+ cp group. please let me know! I'm 27 and if I get in, I would love to meet some mature-ish ladies, like myself. and hopefully maybe do some roommate matching!

If I do get accepted, I will also be looking for matur-ish ladies to room with.

:wave2:
Hi everybody! I am so very glad I found this group :)

I had heard about the college program before, figured I was too old, but decided this past Wednesday to just go for it already! I am 35 and currently taking business/marketing classes at SUNY ESC. My phone interview is this Wednesday @ 1:30 and BOYAMINERVOUS, lol ;) And to make matters worse, I forget what I rated the roles, as far as preference... oh boy. But I think I was pretty honest, and if they ask I plan on trying for - Custodial, Food Service (probably quick service), and Hopper (still working on the order).

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in so far & best of luck to those still waiting! I think after the phone interview is over I might be able to mellow out a bit ;) I would be honored to room with any of you :D Rooming with younger girls would be OK too.

Does anyone know if the rooms have wifi or do we need to bring a wireless router if we want/need wifi? (Would that be an OK question to ask the interviewer do you think?) My classes are mostly online and I am hoping to be able to take at least one while in Florida....

CapOnTheRoad said:

I had heard about the college program before, figured I was too old, but decided this past Wednesday to just go for it already! I am 35 and currently taking business/marketing classes at SUNY ESC. My phone interview is this Wednesday @ 1:30 and BOYAMINERVOUS, lol ;) And to make matters worse, I forget what I rated the roles, as far as preference... oh boy. But I think I was pretty honest, and if they ask I plan on trying for - Custodial, Food Service (probably quick service), and Hopper (still working on the order).

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in so far & best of luck to those still waiting! I think after the phone interview is over I might be able to mellow out a bit ;) I would be honored to room with any of you :D Rooming with younger girls would be OK too.

Does anyone know if the rooms have wifi or do we need to bring a wireless router if we want/need wifi? (Would that be an OK question to ask the interviewer do you think?) My classes are mostly online and I am hoping to be able to take at least one while in Florida....

Welcome :), we are the same year well I actually turn 35 in July, I had my phone interview on the 28th and received my pending email the next day. But if I do get accepted I will be looking for roommates.

They do.have internet in the apartments but I'm not sure if it WiFi, that would be a good question to ask your interviewer.

Good luck and lots of pixie dust :)

Welcome! :wave2:

Good Luck on your interview this week. I posted a few of my questions earlier in the thread. Let me know if you have questions.

The "rent" for the rooms includes internet & cable. But a router is needed if you want Wifi. Oh and they do not provide TV's either, someone must supply one.

Well, I've got homework to do by 9 am tomorrow. :headache:

If I do get accepted, I will also be looking for matur-ish ladies to room with.

I agree with you about rooming with maturish ladies - I'm the oldest one in this group, I believe (won't reveal my age but will say in my 50's ;) ) I applied for DL CP and haven't seen anyone in this group that have applied for CA. Good luck!!

The rooms do have wifi (at least the ones in the DL CP) and come cable ready. Good luck - hope you get the role of your choice!!

I agree with you about rooming with maturish ladies - I'm the oldest one in this group, I believe (won't reveal my age but will say in my 50's ;) ) I applied for DL CP and haven't seen anyone in this group that have applied for CA. Good luck!!

The rooms do have wifi (at least the ones in the DL CP) and come cable ready. Good luck - hope you get the role of your choice!!

Thanks for the support everyone!

Good Luck on your interview this week. I posted a few of my questions earlier in the thread. Let me know if you have questions.

The "rent" for the rooms includes internet & cable. But a router is needed if you want Wifi. Oh and they do not provide TV's either, someone must supply one.

Well, I've got homework to do by 9 am tomorrow. :headache:

Thanks for the support, it really means a lot! I did see the questions you posted earlier - thank you for sharing, it will help get me 'interview ready' even if they don't end up asking me the same questions.

I wouldn't mind bringing a wireless router, but a TV I won't be able to do since I'm not going to be driving. Of course, I still have to actually get in, lol...

CapOnTheRoad said:
Thanks for the support, it really means a lot! I did see the questions you posted earlier - thank you for sharing, it will help get me 'interview ready' even if they don't end up asking me the same questions.

I wouldn't mind bringing a wireless router, but a TV I won't be able to do since I'm not going to be driving. Of course, I still have to actually get in, lol...

Don't know if your on FB but I started an older CP page.

I love this thread! DH and I both want to do the DCP, and even if we both got accepted at the same time, we can't live in the married housing they provide because we have 3 furbabies :D we are always browsing online for places to rent (with a fence... furbaby #3 won't potty on a leash, lol) I love seeing "older" hopefuls, yay!! Btw, we are 28 & 27 :)

I'm quite curious if you need a Modem in addition to the Wireless Router too.

Good luck on your classwork! :)

There mostly definitely is a difference in size. If you really wanted one you could try shipping one off once you get your address, or buying one there. There's a goodwill near the property that you could probably pick a tube television up, plus they've got a good lot of older Disney Merchandise.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I apologize for giving incorrect information in regards to wifi. I was confused when the list of amenities said "high speed internet" lol Thanks Allieran3 for starting the FB page! Joining now!

heaven2dc said:
I apologize for giving incorrect information in regards to wifi. I was confused when the list of amenities said "high speed internet" lol Thanks Allieran3 for starting the FB page! Joining now!

Your very welcome :)

I'm quite curious if you need a Modem in addition to the Wireless Router too.

Good luck on your classwork! :)

There mostly definitely is a difference in size. If you really wanted one you could try shipping one off once you get your address, or buying one there. There's a goodwill near the property that you could probably pick a tube television up, plus they've got a good lot of older Disney Merchandise.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I was also wondering about the modem... I guess I will ask my interviewer for more info - in just about an hours time, eek! Speaking of shipping things, I read somewhere that you can only have USPS packages shipped to the apartment complexes - do you know if this is true or not?

Probably wouldn't be shipping a TV, but maybe school books or things like that through Amazon - who more often than not, use UPS.

Another question I have is - what other stores do the buses run to? I've heard Walmart, Publix, and a mall - but was curious if there are any other shops, like a dollar store or whatnot.

Okay, only one more question ;) I read somewhere that Patterson (?) does not have a bus stop. So if someone gets placed into a Patterson apt., what is the closest bus stop & are there sidewalks (or are we walking on the side of a highway)? Sorry for so many 'random' questions & thanks in advance :)

CapOnTheRoad said:
I was also wondering about the modem... I guess I will ask my interviewer for more info - in just about an hours time, eek! Speaking of shipping things, I read somewhere that you can only have USPS packages shipped to the apartment complexes - do you know if this is true or not?

Probably wouldn't be shipping a TV, but maybe school books or things like that through Amazon - who more often than not, use UPS.

Another question I have is - what other stores do the buses run to? I've heard Walmart, Publix, and a mall - but was curious if there are any other shops, like a dollar store or whatnot.

Okay, only one more question ;) I read somewhere that Patterson (?) does not have a bus stop. So if someone gets placed into a Patterson apt., what is the closest bus stop & are there sidewalks (or are we walking on the side of a highway)? Sorry for so many 'random' questions & thanks in advance :)

I'm pretty sure I got fed ex and ups packages. They deliver them to the door and the desk will not sign for them so you need to make sure that a signature is not required or that you will be home.

I'm not sure on the bus question as I had a car. There is a dollar tree not too far away if you have roommates with a car to take you there.

If you live at Patterson you have to walk over to Chatham. There are sidewalks, the area is like a development of several apartment complexes so the traffic is pretty exclusive to people living there and not really driving through.

I'm pretty sure I got fed ex and ups packages. They deliver them to the door and the desk will not sign for them so you need to make sure that a signature is not required or that you will be home.

I'm not sure on the bus question as I had a car. There is a dollar tree not too far away if you have roommates with a car to take you there.

If you live at Patterson you have to walk over to Chatham. There are sidewalks, the area is like a development of several apartment complexes so the traffic is pretty exclusive to people living there and not really driving through.

Thank you for the help :worship: It honestly means alot! And my interviewer did say the rooms all have wifi now. WooHoo! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter