Older CP hopefuls.

Thank you for the help :worship: It honestly means alot! And my interviewer did say the rooms all have wifi now. WooHoo! :woohoo:

You mean Patterson or Chatham? Chatham you still need a router to create wifi and fairly certain it is the same at Patterson. They all have modems though.

CapOnTheRoad said:
I was also wondering about the modem... I guess I will ask my interviewer for more info - in just about an hours time, eek! Speaking of shipping things, I read somewhere that you can only have USPS packages shipped to the apartment complexes - do you know if this is true or not?

Probably wouldn't be shipping a TV, but maybe school books or things like that through Amazon - who more often than not, use UPS.

Another question I have is - what other stores do the buses run to? I've heard Walmart, Publix, and a mall - but was curious if there are any other shops, like a dollar store or whatnot.

Okay, only one more question ;) I read somewhere that Patterson (?) does not have a bus stop. So if someone gets placed into a Patterson apt., what is the closest bus stop & are there sidewalks (or are we walking on the side of a highway)? Sorry for so many 'random' questions & thanks in advance :)

The buses run to Walmart and the Publix shopping center daily. The mall buss runs once a week. Dollar Tree is a quick walk from Vista Way so to get there you can take any bus to Vista and the just walk to a few stores.

A modem is provided but if you want WiFi you need to bring a wireless router. If you don't have one you can only get your Internet through an Ethernet cable.

You can get FedEx and UPS packages but housing will not hold them and if they don't need to be signed for FedEx and UPS will just leave it at your door if no one answers so you have to hope your neighbors are nice and won't steal your stuff.

Patterson has no bus stop because Chatham is across the street. It takes Patterson residents 2 more minutes to get to the bus stop than Chatham residents.

You mean Patterson or Chatham? Chatham you still need a router to create wifi and fairly certain it is the same at Patterson. They all have modems though.

She just said all the buildings have wifi now. I asked if I would need to bring a router and she said no - but then again, she might be confusing router with modem? Either way, I'm glad it's an option :D

CapOnTheRoad said:
She just said all the buildings have wifi now. I asked if I would need to bring a router and she said no - but then again, she might be confusing router with modem? Either way, I'm glad it's an option :D

I just got back from my CP in January and no buildings except common areas (club house, class rooms, pool) had wifi and there was no talk of putting wifi into the rooms and that was only 2 months ago.

Maybe they are mistake and all parks and resorts have wifi now.

I just got back from my CP in January and no buildings except common areas (club house, class rooms, pool) had wifi and there was no talk of putting wifi into the rooms and that was only 2 months ago.

Maybe they are mistake and all parks and resorts have wifi now.

You're probably right, I can't imagine it's changed that dramatically in 2 months. If I get accepted I will just bring a wireless router with me just to err on the safe side. Thanks for your help :thumbsup2

I just wanted to check in and say I'm still here. 159 days till I check in. :cool1:

I have been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading tumblr on the CP program. Very interesting and informative.

I will be at The World next week, I will check in as much as I can. Have fun Ladies!:cheer2:

Looking for roommates 26+

I'm Melissa, I'm from NJ, and this is my 2nd CP. My major is hospitality and role is concierge. I'm 27 and looking for mates that are my age or older. I will be driving down, however it's a lease I will be checking in May 20th to WDW. I would like to live in Chatham Sq, in a 4 bedroom, (more bedrooms less rent and more living space)

Alanya,

I saw that you created a FB page for us lol! Yay! I posted about it and then took a lil FB break (oopsie)

Hello all,
My name is Jae. I am a Spring '12 graduate of Florida State University and I am currently working to complete my second degree with FSU before going for my masters.

I've been accepted to the DCP Fall '13 and I am beyond excited! Although I am a Florida native, I have never had the opportunity to have the Magical Disney Experience, so this opportunity not only means a lot to me professionally but also personally.

I'm coming in as one of the "older" students (I'm 25 will turn 26 during program), which makes me a tad bit nervous but I felt this would be perfect for me in preparation for a future professional internship. I am really just looking forward to all that the DCP has to offer.

JaeChartaye said:
Hello all,
My name is Jae. I am a Spring '12 graduate of Florida State University and I am currently working to complete my second degree with FSU before going for my masters.

I've been accepted to the DCP Fall '13 and I am beyond excited! Although I am a Florida native, I have never had the opportunity to have the Magical Disney Experience, so this opportunity not only means a lot to me professionally but also personally.

I'm coming in as one of the "older" students (I'm 25 will turn 26 during program), which makes me a tad bit nervous but I felt this would be perfect for me in preparation for a future professional internship. I am really just looking forward to all that the DCP has to offer.

Welcome Jae! If you have a Fb account we also have a 25+ group on there! Where are u arriving? Do u have roommates already?

I was accepted today for custodial Fall. Looking for roommates now :)

Yay to being able to relate to older CP hopefuls!!
. She also asked questions about living with roommates and she even asked if I would prefer a studio since I was so much older ....

Good luck! (also did you apply for WDW or DL?)

I am 50 and would like to move to Orlando / Anaheim in a couple of years. What's this about a studio apt? Is it only Ca or FL too?

Just came across this page looking at college program stories. I did the dcp last year and absolutely loved it! Time of my life! I was 24 then, so a bit older than the norm.

cmhand30, I'm not able to message you bc I haven't posted enough to private message but was hoping to hear some more about your experience with your travel and tourism courses. Not sure if this is allowed since I'm fairly new to posting much but feel free to write me on yahoo- kellyn1964 or add me on fb- Kelly Nichols from Brunswick, ohio :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter