Old Disney Park photos

:thanks:
to all who took the time to post pics​
:lmao: Great thread! Dh and I have had so much fun looking at everyone's 70's and 80's pics! The mickey faces on the ice cream bars brought back memories! :cloud9:

Man, dig the plaid pants on the guy to the far left of Don Pacho's 3rd picture!

This is a great thread! I'm really enjoying these pictures. They bring back some great memories. That mickey bar, I remember it! I was really young then but I remember it. I know I have pictures from the mid 70's and 80's but my scanner is broken. If I can find a way to post them, I will. Keep this thread going!! :thumbsup2

i have to go to my parents house and get some of the old pictures and post them i have so many from so many different years.

wolfxofxnovember said:
Is that all WDW? it looks kind of like DLR or maybe WDW Fanatsyland went under drastic changes.
That is WDW. I remember it being like that when I was a kid.
I miss the old Fantasyland.

Once I visit home, I'll get all my old pictures.

I am inspired to create my own thread lookign for photos. Thanks for the idea! :cool1:

Hi! princess:

I just wanted to thank DonPacho for posting these pictures. My DH and I just love looking at the skyway ride. We have wanted to see pictures of it for so long because neither one of us remembers it. I wonder why they took it out of the park? The building that housed it looks so abandoned now. Seeing what it looked like is so cool. :)

This post-site is awsome!! I can't wait to see more pictures. :thumbsup2

PrincessPaczki said:
Hi!

I just wanted to thank DonPacho for posting these pictures. My DH and I just love looking at the skyway ride. We have wanted to see pictures of it for so long because neither one of us remembers it. I wonder why they took it out of the park. The building that housed it looks so abandoned now. Seeing what it looked like is so cool.

This post-site is awsome!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

I think it was taken out due to an accident that a CM lost his life in. I am not sure if that is the sole reason, but I'm pretty sure it was related. It disappeared right after the accident. :guilty:

Nbtstatic said:
Early 80's:

49387059-L.jpg

The Griswalds are back!!!! :rotfl2:

I think the outfit that the CM is wearing in the Space Mountain picture above is hilarious!

princess22 said:
I think the outfit that the CM is wearing in the Space Mountain picture above is hilarious!

Do you think he should pull his pants up a little higher??? :thumbsup2

1996:

The old snowspeeder and sail barge. A friend of mine worked on the construction of Lights, Motor, Action and said the snowspeeder is in a back part of the MGM lot and the construction crew used to play on it. (Fellow geeks: they treated it with respect, don't worry. ;) )

speederbargeLargeWebview.jpg

Endor used to look very lush, you know, when they pretended it was Endor.

endorLargeWebview.jpg

They also used to send out characters year-round. This picture was taken in September (actually taken by David Prowse's neighbors! they held the camera for me! YAY!) Note Endor Vendors in the background.

BTandChewie.jpg

"Look Ma, in 12 years I'll be replaced by a look alike of that guy on 21 Jump Street!!!"
I don't know if they'll change the exterior, but I figured better safe than sorry. Not to mention I love that guy. :)

potcLargeWebview.jpg

Spaceship Earth pre-travesty:

epcotball96LargeWebview.jpg

Cindy's Castle mid-travesty:

CastleCakeLargeWebview.jpg

1998:

Magic Kingdom parade, Lion King float:

lkparadeLargeWebview.jpg

Magic Kingdom Parade, Little Mermaid float:
(It was the regular parade, despite the Christmas decorations)

arielparadeLargeWebview.jpg

If . . . you . . . have no walls and you know it, clap your hands!

lkdancerLargeWebview.jpg

I BELIEVE this character is retired, I haven't seen him or pictures of him since. This was in AK.

lionLargeWebview.jpg

A small voice says . . . "Nobody here but us scarlet ibises!"
Discovery Island. I was literally the only guest on the island that day.

discislandLargeWebview.jpg

Nice pics! Do you any idea who that strange looking Lion was?

These are so much fun! :goodvibes

My first trip to WDW was when I was 20 in 2000 so seeing these pictures of what it used to look like is amazing. :thumbsup2

:thanks: everyone for sharing and I can't wait to see more! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter