Ok, a few more: :bounce:

People mover:
78404301-L.jpg

78404383-L.jpg

78404503-L.jpg

78404670-L.jpg

78404756-L.jpg

:dance3:

LOVE the old pictures -- keep them coming! I don't have any pictures to add, but with all the Steamboat's posting I thought I should come and say hello! :wave:

I LOVE the old photos!! I agree the clothes are really funny to look at today. The stroller parking is just the same--except more strollers and not those awful blue ones!!

Nbtstatic--I'd love to see photos of what you and your family look like today!!!

Please keep the photos coming. I wish I had some to add, but the old photos that I have are at my parent's home 1200 miles from here!!

ckmommy said:
I LOVE the old photos!! I agree the clothes are really funny to look at today. The stroller parking is just the same--except more strollers and not those awful blue ones!!

Nbtstatic--I'd love to see photos of what you and your family look like today!!!

Please keep the photos coming. I wish I had some to add, but the old photos that I have are at my parent's home 1200 miles from here!!

I'm actually the little brown haired boy in those photo's, I was 4 years old. Here I am in May of '06 back at WDW with a 5 year old boy of my own.

71284031-L.jpg

Some of your photos have stayed in great shape!! (maybe they're not as old as mine... :rotfl: )

Here's some from the archives as you'll be able to tell by how faded they are :guilty: :

FIRST, a photo taken from the top of the CR of MK--hey where did the buses drop you off then (the TTC!!) --no bus stops then in front of MK!!
1976MKfromtheCRrooftop.jpg

SECOND, a photo of swampland where the monorail passed over...we now know this area to be none other than the GF resort!!
1976TheGFisherenow.jpg

here is a picture of my oldest sister in tomorrowland on the Flying Saucers. i was just a bubby and CarolC (my younger sister) wasn't even born yet!!
flyingsaucers2.jpeg

(i sent the photo to Yesterland a few years ago)

wdw81_5.jpg

DH and I, rockin' those Nikes! We still pretty much look exactly like this. Notice the all day passport hanging from my belt loop and my long brimmed WDW hat, which I still have.
wdw81_4.jpg

Mickey bars used to have faces!
wdw81_3.jpg

They were still using coupon books, but not for long!
wdw81_2.jpg

Love that old-fashioned stroller! The back reclined and the grill underneath pulled forward to make a bed a 4 yr old coulda slept in! How 'bout the paper shopping bag? Even though it's Sept most everyone's wearing long pants. It was unusually cool that weekend. Ahhh!
wdw81_1-1.jpg

Must've been 1st thing in the morning. Where are all the other riders?

Nbtstatic said:
You're right! :lmao:

I think this trip was in 1982.

A few more for you guys:

49386679-L.jpg

The characters have certainly come a long way.
49386733-L.jpg

I think that's what is now Tony's in the background?
49386890-L.jpg

Strollers are very different, but "stroller parking" lives on!
49388090-L.jpg

Leagues...
49388071-L.jpg

Hello NBTstatic,
Your mom's outfits are wonderful. I love them and would love to wear them now. They would make great outfits today(with a little spin here and there). I want to be a stylish yet functional WDW mom like her one day. party:

Nbtstatic and other Disers, thanks for posting! Love the outfits and the shots of the "old" Disney.

So come on, those of you who are computer savy (I sure wish I was), and please post your old Disney photos! These are a LOT of fun! :thumbsup2

Fun Fun Fun thread!!! I love it!! Keep the pictures coming!! I have old ones but there are all on slides!! :dance3:

I have 26 photos from when I was a kid in Disney World on my website.

You can see them HERE It is the very last slideshow

I just recently found slides from my first trip in 1975, I will scan them and post them later today.

I also found slides purchased by my parents from the 70's which had official photos from around the world on them. I will try to scan them in the next few days or so, there's a lot of them and my scanner only takes 2 at a time :sad2:

Hey, Timon! I think you have on one of those long brimmed hats like I'm wearing in one of my pictures, only yours is blue. MM and MN are on mine - who was on yours?

This is the best thread EVER! Timon- those were great- I have photos from when I went to WDW when I was 8 and I wore a pink terry-cloth romper- just like the one in your pictures. These photos are priceless!

Here's the slide scans from my first trip in April 1975.

Me with Robin Hood. My brother Ken is on the other side of Robin but cut off LOL

wdw75-1.jpg

My mom on the railroad. Love seeing my mom in Disney since she passed away in 1997 just before I started going back to WDW.

wdw75-2.jpg

On my mom's lap on the railroad.

wdw75-3.jpg

Me and Ken with Eeeyore. I look pretty happy to be hugging him! LOL :teeth:

wdw75-4.jpg

Me and Mom on the skyway.

wdw75-5.jpg

The Castle from the skyway.

wdw75-6.jpg

My oldest sister Mary. She might hurt me if she knew I posted this LOL! Shhh don't tell her! :rolleyes1

wdw75-7.jpg

My parents took tons of photos but unfortunately most of their slides were either lost or damaged over the years :sad2:

I think you have on one of those long brimmed hats like I'm wearing in one of my pictures, only yours is blue. MM and MN are on mine - who was on yours

Hmm yeah, I noticed that they were very similar! Umm don't remember who was on it??? We don't have a whole lot of photos left from those trips cus most of them were on slides and they were lost or damaged :furious: And I don't remember a whole heck of a lot about those trips! :sad2:

When my baby makes his/her first trip to Disney (planning on Dec '07 for their first b-day!) I am going to take a BAZILLION photos! And then I am going to make a scrapbook, burn them onto several CD's and make a couple videos as well!! LOL

With my luck, they will grow up and hate Disney LOL "AAAwwwww mom...do we have to go to Disney AGAIN??????" :rolleyes:

Timon said:
With my luck, they will grow up and hate Disney LOL "AAAwwwww mom...do we have to go to Disney AGAIN??????" :rolleyes:
I'm ROFL here, because while my daughters don't hate Disney, there were times when they said those actual words! Congratulations on expecting a baby!!

OK, I just figured out how to post pics today so I apologize in advance if there is anything wrong with them.

My sister posted the one of us and Alex Trebek. Here are some more.

This is my sister, my dad and I in Epcot - 1986
108055dadjaimnik1.JPG

Here is my mom, sister and I at World of Motion - 1994
108055WorldofMotion94-med.jpg

Here if the castle during the in-between period when they turned it into a cake...It was 95/96
108055pinkcastle-med.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter