Old 10 day non expiring tickets

I am the original poster and I've read through all the posts several times and have confused myself. Currently, I do not have my old 10 day non-expiring tickets attached to anything yet. Do I need to create a whole new MDE under a different email address or put those tickets under middle names under my current MDE account. I'm not really worried about this trip - but if they are attached to my MDE and later, down the road, I get an annual pass or something - I'm afraid the 10 day non-expiring ticket will be used instead of my annual pass.

Can I NOT use magic bands at park entry and use my paper ticket that has the 10 day non-expiring tickets on it and be better off? That means not utilizing fast pass, but I guess I'm okay with that if it is the simplest way to go.

I'm sorry to ask more questions - I just keep reading all the answers and can't figure out which is best for me.

TIA

I am the original poster and I've read through all the posts several times and have confused myself. Currently, I do not have my old 10 day non-expiring tickets attached to anything yet. Do I need to create a whole new MDE under a different email address or put those tickets under middle names under my current MDE account. I'm not really worried about this trip - but if they are attached to my MDE and later, down the road, I get an annual pass or something - I'm afraid the 10 day non-expiring ticket will be used instead of my annual pass.

Can I NOT use magic bands at park entry and use my paper ticket that has the 10 day non-expiring tickets on it and be better off? That means not utilizing fast pass, but I guess I'm okay with that if it is the simplest way to go.

I'm sorry to ask more questions - I just keep reading all the answers and can't figure out which is best for me.

TIA

You do not need to create a whole new MDE once your 10 day non-expiring ticket is added. A trick people use for tickets that have never been used is to create a 'fake' friends and family name and simply save the entitlement under that 'fake' name. When you decide you want to use the other entitlement you simply switch the ticket back to your name or the name of the person you want to attach the ticket to.

Other people think creating 'fake' names is too complicated so they choose to go to guest relations and have them double check that the correct ticket is prioritized. Once you know it has been prioritized correctly you do not need to keep making stops at guest relations.

I learned the hard way back in 2014, when all this having multiple tickets in MDE was relatively new, about prioritizing and not being able to use the hard ticket that I wanted to use for entry. I had a 10 Day NE ticket that my husband and I purchased and used a couple of days of and a 2 day PH that I wanted to use with my cousin for a girls trip. Both were listed in MDE. It was right around the time when I got home that there were MANY threads about "Help! The wrong ticket was used!" I used the plastic hard ticket for the 2 day PH thinking that would protect me since I was using the actual ticket. In reality, once you link ANY tickets to MDE every plastic card and Magic Band you have will take an entitlement away from the ticket that is prioritized. You, unfortunately, can't prioritize them yourself...only Disney can. Which is why some have come up with the 'fake' name alternative. So two days were taken from my non-expiring ticket and it took about a week to resolve the problem. They wouldn't add the days back to the NE ticket but added a 2nd two day NE PH to my account.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, but I have yet to go the 'fake' name route. I stop at guest relations at the beginning of my trip just to double check. Since I have added more tickets to my collection I may have to start doing the 'fake' name though...I feel it will give me a greater piece of mind. If you don't attach your ticket to MDE you will not have to worry about it...but then you won't be able to make FP's beforehand and that's kind of annoying too.

We have been thru this - and have some encouraging news for you. All 4 of us have 2 -10day Non-Expiring tickets on our accounts - some that have days used.

When we activated our APs - they immediately were bumped to the top of our ticket media list and they stayed there for the entire year. I checked a few times with guest services on this and they said once the AP was activated, it would stay on top. One thing we didn't try to do was go to the water parks during that year which would have required us to use one of our other tickets during the year.

I don't think you would have to worry about this as a daily activity.

Cel_disney, you have given us a ray of hope that this night not be as complicated as we feared. Our APs have not yet been activated so when it is maybe it, too will bump to the top. We're a little more anxious about this March 1 trip since we will be with our DS, DDiL, and two little grandsons. We don't want to take up our precious time with them waiting in line at Guest Relations during the few days that they will be with us. We will be arriving several hours before them on March 1 and will be staying at Kidani so our plan is to head over to Guest Relations at AK to get things worked out ahead of time. If it were a trip with just the two of us we wouldn't mind taking the time as much. Once again, thanks for your response!

Do I need to create a whole new MDE under a different email address or put those tickets under middle names under my current MDE account.
Just follow the steps that were written specifically for you.

The MDE#2 was for the poster who already has sets of tickets attached to an MDE.

And as others have said, if it's too complicated to have a Middle Name/Ticket Saver Profile, hoping that Guest Relations prioritizes your tickets correctly is another option.

I have checked the number of days left as described above. It took more than a week to get a response but I did get the answer. I also had a name and number on the email I received and called that cast member with a follow-up question and he was very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter