OKW or BCV for Dec 2013??

We stayed at BCV's back when they first opened and we had two queen beds in the studio. The second time we went there we were surprised to see that the suite had a queen and a sleeper. Maybe it was just that one room.

But anyway, the regular BC rooms are nicer than the BCV suites. :)

Nope, they never had two queen beds. Ever. I think you are mistaken. They couldn't fit two queen beds in those studios. That's why the double sleeper sofa in most of the studios. They can't fit a queen sized sleeper sofa in the room and they can't fit two queen beds.

Minniekins said:
Are there really only two elevators in the BCV building? I was looking at a map of the place and looks like there are only two for all of the 282 room there. And it sure looks like a long walk to the bus from those rooms. ...
So it if we are planning to stay dvc, our only choice for studio rooms is in the BCV wing, is that how it works there?

There are two elevator banks. Meaning three elevators in one of the banks and two in the other (or maybe only one, not sure). BWV only has one elevator bank with three elevators.

BCV is not a wing of the BC. It is a separate building connected only by a covered walkway. It has no real good view other than maybe a pool view (but the parking lot is just beyond that). The BC Resort building is separate (and even painted a different color than the BCV) from the BCV.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE BCV! We are DVC owners and this is our home resort. There are so many things we love about it! The location can't be beat. You can walk to two parks and the dining options are endless. Love being able to walk into World Showcase at night to dine or have a drink. The Boardwalk is also a huge plus. We love the atmosphere and theming. I have always had a wonderful experience at BCV and have not found the rooms to be dirty. I would not go back if the rooms were dirty either! We just love it!

Hmmm, seeing more BCV love! Thanks, Wood Nymph, for the map and pic! Some studios there look quite a long way from the bus stop, unless you can get a studio on that close wing.

Okay, I see what you mean with the elevators, not just one elevator making the trips, but 3 or 2 per side. That's a bit better, i was thinking it could get a bit slow and crowded trying to take the elevators, lol.

Is the woods view better or the quiet pool?

Thanks again for the replies, enjoy taking in all the opinions! ;)

This is not as easy as you would Think buttttttttt i love BCV and as a DVC member that does not own at BCV i can tell you it is a tough reservation to snag especially in December.

I have satyed at OKW as well and it is the biggest studio in all of DVC resorts the layout is wonderful and there is of course Olivia's which is in my opinion WDW's best kept secret for a TS meal.

With that said because of the location alone i would choose BCV. The proximity to EPCOT and Boardwalk is only 10 minutes and maybe 15-20 minute walk to Hollywood Studios, there is also the Friendship Water Taxi's, as well as the great Restaurants at the Swan and DOlphin and the Yacht Club. ONLY 1 Drawback is if you are taking buses to the other area's the ride back is long you will stop at Swan then Dolphin Then Yacht Club then Beach Club so after a long day its a long ride but better than the worst day at work LOL

Old key west is basically the disney retirement community. Skip the nursing home vibe and stay at the beach club!

Thanks again for all the replies!

So, if i were to try to get a studio ressie, through a DVC owner(not sure, it's called renting points, right? i just did this in Dec at AKL, but having a mind blank, lol), at either of these places for second week Dec 2013, is this something I'd have a hard time getting? Should i be able to expect to secure a reservation, or is it more likely going to be very difficult to get and I'll be disappointed?

Minniekins said:
Thanks again for all the replies!

So, if i were to try to get a studio ressie, through a DVC owner(not sure, it's called renting points, right? i just did this in Dec at AKL, but having a mind blank, lol), at either of these places for second week Dec 2013, is this something I'd have a hard time getting? Should i be able to expect to secure a reservation, or is it more likely going to be very difficult to get and I'll be disappointed?

Early to mid-December is easily one of the busiest times for DVC. The point requirements for this time are much lower than later in the month, yet you still get to enjoy all the Christmas festivities in WDW.

People have been able to book that time period for a month now, so you may find availability a problem at BCV (it's such a small resort, so it books up quickly at the busiest times.)

If you want to go the BCV route, I'd find a BCV owner to rent points from very quickly and get your reservation secured. Good luck!

I have seen lots of families with kids seem to love OKW!

Hmmm, I see the points cost does go up a few days before Christmas. Hopefully there will still be some availabliity! Yikes, just back from our last trip and gotta pay for the next one? Ahhh! lol, gotta do what you gotta do I guess! ;)

Hmmm, I see the points cost does go up a few days before Christmas. Hopefully there will still be some availabliity! Yikes, just back from our last trip and gotta pay for the next one? Ahhh! lol, gotta do what you gotta do I guess! ;)

OKW is our home resort, having joined in 1993..it is a busy family resort.....lots of kids and activities for kids.:thumbsup2

Yet is is layout wide and is a bit more qiuet then the Box Resorts, which is a big drawing point.:thumbsup2

What ever you do........have a wonderful vacation.

AKK

Of course you see a lot of families, because grandma probably rented them her timeshare points. Old Key West is great, don't get me wrong, it's awesome- but it appeals more to "let's relax and play golf and go back to our room and bake muffins" crew. I find the rooms decor to be quite ... meh. But hey, it's just my humble opinion =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter