OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thank you! I’ll have to look at the map all over again! I was originally thinking of Building 30 or 31. How long is the walk from those building to the hospitality area to get breakfast in the morning? Are there sidewalks or does the walk involve busy roads? There’s a lot to consider with bus stops, noise, food etc so I’m a little overwhelmed!
I’m my opinion it’s not a bad walk from any location the way it’s designed. The near hospitality house buildings are 11,12,13,14 and across bridge 23,24,25,26. (8 total). All the rest of the buildings are regular category. Guests all have their preferred location. I like South Point area. (Second bus stop on rotation and at Disney Springs nature trail). Our last stay was assigned 45. The 30,31 buildings are part of Turtle Pond. There are sidewalks and crosswalks throughout resort. Separate paths for pedestrians and golf carts. Once you visit, it will be hard to pick someplace else.

Thank you! I’ll have to look at the map all over again! I was originally thinking of Building 30 or 31. How long is the walk from those building to the hospitality area to get breakfast in the morning? Are there sidewalks or does the walk involve busy roads? There’s a lot to consider with bus stops, noise, food etc so I’m a little overwhelmed!
There are sidewalks everywhere, and the roads are not busy at all - just a bus or a car passing every few minutes. The walk from buildings 30 or 31 to the hospitality house I would say is about 5 or 10 minutes. You could also walk to the bus stop and take any bus, which will drop you off at the hospitality house.

There are sidewalks everywhere, and the roads are not busy at all - just a bus or a car passing every few minutes. The walk from buildings 30 or 31 to the hospitality house I would say is about 5 or 10 minutes. You could also walk to the bus stop and take any bus, which will drop you off at the hospitality house.
Thanks for your help! Would that be a quiet area? I notice some of the buildings are next to a highway.

If want a studio on top floor request that. Each building has studios on a top floor. That’s because buildings are not boxes. (Three story at center and two story on ends). Studios are mostly put on the two story ends. The only studios on a third floor are the four buildings that look U-shaped. (14,18,35,38). Those studios are toward center and one item to note is those don’t have a window in the front, at the door entry.
Thanks for that new information for me! So are there three sets of stairs in the buildings then - one in the middle for the three story section and one on each end for the two story parts? How many studios are in each building?

Thanks for that new information for me! So are there three sets of stairs in the buildings then - one in the middle for the three story section and one on each end for the two story parts? How many studios are in each building?
Don’t know the number of staircases at each building. 45 for example has stairs on each end for the one bedroom and studio villas with center stairs for the two bedrooms. Number of studios: buildings 12 & 48 have (2), building 64 has (7), buildings 14,18,35,& 38 have (12). All the rest have (4) in each.

Don’t know the number of staircases at each building. 45 for example has stairs on each end for the one bedroom and studio villas with center stairs for the two bedrooms. Number of studios: buildings 12 & 48 have (2), building 64 has (7), buildings 14,18,35,& 38 have (12). All the rest have (4) in each.
Perfect, thanks! So is it 60 days out when you can make online room requests?

Perfect, thanks! So is it 60 days out when you can make online room requests?
You can do online checkin as soon as you link your resort reservation to your MDE account, and online room location requests can be made as part of online checkin. However, the choices online are limited and might not suit what you really want. If they don’t, it’s best to leave that section of online checkin blank and submit requests to DVC MS directly. DVC owners can do that via chat, email or calling MS; renters need to ask the owner to do it for them. Guests paying cash to Disney need to call the resort reservations number and submit requests that way.

You can do online checkin as soon as you link your resort reservation to your MDE account, and online room location requests can be made as part of online checkin. However, the choices online are limited and might not suit what you really want. If they don’t, it’s best to leave that section of online checkin blank and submit requests to DVC MS directly. DVC owners can do that via chat, email or calling MS; renters need to ask the owner to do it for them. Guests paying cash to Disney need to call the resort reservations number and submit requests that way.
We are renting points so how far ahead can member put in my building number and floor request?

We are renting points so how far ahead can member put in my building number and floor request?
As soon as you know what you want. I’d only ask them to do it once!

Keep in mind that the more specific your request (a single building and a single floor), the harder it is to fill because if the guest there before you isn’t checking out the day you check in, that room won’t be available, and the room assigners can put you anywhere. So it’s important to generalize and prioritize. Skimming over your posts, I’d request “Most important, top floor, Second most important, Turtle Pond area, such as building 30 or 31.” And always remember there are no guarantees that any request will be filled.

My husband and I were just weighing the idea of Olivia’s becoming a more casual fast food but also healthy options kind of place. Where you could grab a good but quick breakfast on the way to the bus and grab a salad on your way back to the room. Goods to Go is not one of our faves and Olivia’s is way too expensive, too time consuming and not interesting enough to be a destination.
If this is an often talked about idea, please help me link up with the topic. I didn’t find it through a simple search.

If I wanted to put early arrival, could I do that without doing the online check in or they both go hand in hand? Thank you!

If I wanted to put early arrival, could I do that without doing the online check in or they both go hand in hand? Thank you!
They go hand in hand. You select what time you anticipate arriving while doing online check-in. I suppose you could contact Member Services and have them put it in the reservation notes, but it's not as likely to be seen in that case.

They go hand in hand. You select what time you anticipate arriving while doing online check-in. I suppose you could contact Member Services and have them put it in the reservation notes, but it's not as likely to be seen in that case.

Thank you. That’s what I was figuring. I usually don’t do online check in.

I was reading a review that said OKW isn’t very walkable and I enjoy walking around the property as I have had in the past at SSR. However, I see people saying in this thread that there are sidewalks. How is walking on the grounds? Thank you.

I was reading a review that said OKW isn’t very walkable and I enjoy walking around the property as I have had in the past at SSR. However, I see people saying in this thread that there are sidewalks. How is walking on the grounds? Thank you.
Walking around this resort is wonderful. We walk to the boat to DS and to the Gurgling suitcase and at the end of the night we walk back to room. Wonderful sidewalks and everybody you meet on them are just as happy and content as you are.

Yes, very walkable on the sidewalks that line the roadways. The rest of the grounds are golf course or trees for the most part. I don't know if non-golfers are allowed on the pathways the golfers use for walking or golf carts to get from hole to hole... vaguely remember signs suggesting that, but I may be misremembering. Anybody?

Maybe they mean it isn’t walkable to any parks, which is important to some and is true for OKW. But as above, walking the grounds is easy, and you can walk to DS as well. Just stay off the paths on the golf course, if you’re not playing golf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter