OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Arriving on the 14th for a stay through the 20th, was wondering if any knows if Turtle Shack will be closing at all? I feel like sometimes in the winter they shut it down. Wanted to put in a room request and with the size of our group and age ranges wanted to try and be close to the shack, but if they are closed then I's try to be over by buildings 16 & 15.

Arriving on the 14th for a stay through the 20th, was wondering if any knows if Turtle Shack will be closing at all? I feel like sometimes in the winter they shut it down. Wanted to put in a room request and with the size of our group and age ranges wanted to try and be close to the shack, but if they are closed then I's try to be over by buildings 16 & 15.

Hi.
I arrive on February 1. What is Turtle Shack LOL
I know Gurgling Suitcase, which I love to sit outside with a drink.

I have next to HH booked for 10 nights and want to be close, but guess with that booking I am.
Is there a reason to request one building over another?

Thank you.

Hi.

I have next to HH booked for 10 nights and want to be close, but guess with that booking I am.

Thank you.
Turtle Shack is a small snack bar and bar serving SOME adult beverages and premade foods at the Old Turtle Pond neighborhood pool.

For Near HH buildings, they are all pretty much the same. I would request a floor preference, if you have one, and if you're driving blgds 11 to 14 may have crowded parking lots, depending upon time of day. You should be inblgs 11 to 14 or bldgs 23 to 26, across the bridge.

Hi.

Thank you.
The Turtle Shack is a snack bar at the pool on Old Turtle Pond Road.
There is no category "nest to HH." There is "near HH." If somehow you were told you were "next to" HH, those buildings are 11, 12, 13, and 14 which are across the parking lot from HH. Building 62 is across the street from HH, and has elevators.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/old-key-west-resort/turtle-shack-poolside-snacks/menus/

Taking a large family group and of course okw is our first choice. We normally book 2 bedroom dedicated for ourselves but I'm thinking of doing the 2nd room as a lock off in case someone drops out. ( I can't believe I'm saying that but it just might happen and I'm not keeping a 2 bedroom for just 3 people) is that the strategy to use? Are the lock offs harder to get for this reason?

Taking a large family group and of course okw is our first choice. We normally book 2 bedroom dedicated for ourselves but I'm thinking of doing the 2nd room as a lock off in case someone drops out. ( I can't believe I'm saying that but it just might happen and I'm not keeping a 2 bedroom for just 3 people) is that the strategy to use? Are the lock offs harder to get for this reason?
Since lock-off remove a one bedroom and a studio from inventory, it could be harder to get than a dedicated two bedroom. Book as early as you can. And there is no guarantee that that you'll be able to just drop the studio. If they follow proper procedure, a one bedroom would need to be open for booking, so you could modify the reservation and drop the studio. And remember, that in any case, you'd need to make this change at least 31 days out, the extra points from the studio will go into Holding Status.

Has anyone posted the January resort activities yet? Getting in Saturday with a bunch of kiddos and wanted to plan some pool days around those activities.

Turtle Shack is a small snack bar and bar serving SOME adult beverages and premade foods at the Old Turtle Pond neighborhood pool.

For Near HH buildings, they are all pretty much the same. I would request a floor preference, if you have one, and if you're driving blgds 11 to 14 may have crowded parking lots, depending upon time of day. You should be inblgs 11 to 14 or bldgs 23 to 26, across the bridge.
Fabulous! Thank you so much! We are not driving. Only stayed at OKW one other time, which was last January, and loved our time there. Thank you again.

The Turtle Shack is a snack bar at the pool on Old Turtle Pond Road.
There is no category "nest to HH." There is "near HH." If somehow you were told you were "next to" HH, those buildings are 11, 12, 13, and 14 which are across the parking lot from HH. Building 62 is across the street from HH, and has elevators.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/old-key-west-resort/turtle-shack-poolside-snacks/menus/
Thank you.

I am heading to OKW for a 10 night stay on February 1. It will just be my mom and I in a studio.
This weekend, my ds said he would come for Thursday-Sunday. I wasn't expecting a yes LOL but happy he
is coming.

Does the studio only have the two queen beds? Does a chair open up or anything under the TV? If not, it is fine, I'll sleep with my mom for three nights but if so, I'll take the pull out. My son is 6'5" and where I sleep doesn't matter to me as long as I have my pillows and blanket.

Thank so much!

OKW studios have two queen beds, no sleeper chair or fold down bed.

I am heading to OKW for a 10 night stay on February 1. It will just be my mom and I in a studio.
This weekend, my ds said he would come for Thursday-Sunday. I wasn't expecting a yes LOL but happy he
is coming.

Does the studio only have the two queen beds? Does a chair open up or anything under the TV? If not, it is fine, I'll sleep with my mom for three nights but if so, I'll take the pull out. My son is 6'5" and where I sleep doesn't matter to me as long as I have my pillows and blanket.

Thank so much!
As Chuck wrote, no other place to sleep other than the 2 beds. I hope the attached pictures (from my stay last month) help.DSCF4693.JPGDSCF4695.JPGDSCF4694.JPG

OKW studios have two queen beds, no sleeper chair or fold down bed.
Thanks so much. Oh well! It is what it is, just happy my 24 year old son wants to still come with his mom and nana LOL
Maybe after three of us in this room, he will have second thoughts next time LOL

As Chuck wrote, no other place to sleep other than the 2 beds. I hope the attached pictures (from my stay last month) help.View attachment 731492View attachment 731493View attachment 731494
Thank you. We will just have to make due.
Last year, I had booked a one bedroom for my mom and me and we were pixie dusted and given a two bedroom for two of us, but with three of us in the studio (well two woman and a 24 year old male), it will be a little of challenge but happy he wanted to come. Thank you so much for the pictures! I appreciate it!

I just booked OKW for an upcoming stay for my husband and I. Adults only. Deluxe studio. The cast member I spoke to suggested water view and close to main building for room requests. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Hi.

Important Question:

Can anyone please tell me if there are “real” not travel wine openers in the studios.

Thank you!

I just booked OKW for an upcoming stay for my husband and I. Adults only. Deluxe studio. The cast member I spoke to suggested water view and close to main building for room requests. Any thoughts? Thank you!
IF your staying on points, near Hospitality House is a booking category. Those buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26, And they may use 62 to 64 if the category is overbooked. But it never hurts to try. IF you're lucky you' get bldg 16 of bldg 64, those are the only water views, other than those in the Near HH Booking category, that are anywhere close to Hospitality. Also remember, there are no elevators at OKW, except in Bldg 62, 63 or 64, as the resort was built prior to changes in the ADA, Bldgs 62, 63, and 64 were added later, after they tore down the original sales center.

Last edited:
IF your staying on points, near Hospitality House is a booking category. Those buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26, And they may use 62 to 64 if the category is overbooked. But it never hurts to try. IF you're lucky you' get bldg 16 of bldg 64, those are the only water views, other than those in the Near HH Booking category, that are anywhere close to Hospitality. Also remember, there are no elevators at OKW, except in Bldg 62, 63 or 64, as the resort was built prior to changes in the ADA, Bldgs 62, 63, and 64 were added later, after they tore down the original sales center.
So they actually do over book the near HH rooms? Why?

Has anyone posted the January resort activities yet? Getting in Saturday with a bunch of kiddos and wanted to plan some pool days around those activities.
Wahoo we get in Saturday too! See you there, neighbor! (edit, I realized after I wrote this you're already there! We get in the 21st)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter