OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I know the boats have started running between OKW and Disney Springs. Does anyone know which dock in DS is being used to and from OKW? I'm considering adding a couple nights to our May 2022 stay and want to be able to get to DS easily.
Should be the Westside dock. Close to House of Blues

No, if running, you can go to the springs, and get another boat to PO. Then the same in reverse to get back.

The Near HH booking category are bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.

See the map in Post #1 of this thread.
Is this category available to be booked with a cash reservation or only DVC? We would like a studio near the boat transportation. Thanks:)

As the previous poster said, for DVC Member, Near HH is a room booking category, which almost always needs to be booked when the Reservation is made. If you have a DVC reservation, andit does not say "Near Hospitality" you are not booked into that category, and your chances of getting it via a request pretty slim. You can always request to be near the main pool or the lobby thru Member Services (assuming you are a DVC Member), and they will get you as close as possible, depending upon circumstances on your check-in day.

I see what you mean, now. I assume, when we booked the “near HH” rooms were already booked. That makes sense.

Do you think early check-in requests of “Peninsular Road Area, Near Bus Stop” will help get us closer to HH?

Last edited:
In NORMAL times they start at 10 am, run every 20 minutes. But we are not in normal times, hopefully someone that is there now will reply.

I see what you mean, now. I assume, when we booked the “near HH” rooms were already booked. That makes sense.

Do you think early check-in requests of “Peninsular Road Area, Near Bus Stop” will help get us closer to HH?

It may, that would be bldgs 27 to 29, Bldgs 15 and 16 would also be pretty close. Bldgs 62 to 64 are also close, but those are often held for mobility impaired as they are the only ones with elevators, and 63 has fully HA units, as well as two of the three HA Grand Villas at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter