OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

In NORMAL times they start at 10 am, run every 20 minutes. But we are not in normal times, hopefully someone that is there now will reply.
I saw somebody post that they were last week and they were indeed following the normal schedule. Can't find it now but it was somewhere on here. 10 a.m to 11 p.m. every 20 minutes.

Four more days and … our First time back to OWK since 2014!!! Our kids are now 8 and 12. Our last time there, they were babies and grandparents went too.

Any tips regarding food, fun, getting around the resort?

Are the quick service places open this time of year?

We have brunch scheduled for Olivia’s.

Also, we usually order groceries to be delivered the day we arrive. Where do you order from? Should they deliver to Bell Services?

One more question. We have some friends from Winter Garden that are going to spend Saturday with us. They have four young kids and are thinking about cheap dinner ideas. I doubt they want to spend a ton of money at Olivia’s.

Thanks for your help!

Four more days and … our First time back to OWK since 2014!!! Our kids are now 8 and 12. Our last time there, they were babies and grandparents went too.

Good's to Go is open year 'round. Turtle Shack by the Turtle Pond Neighborhood pool will vary.

Also, we usually order groceries to be delivered the day we arrive. Where do you order from? Should they deliver to Bell Services?

One more question. We have some friends from Winter Garden that are going to spend Saturday with us. They have four young kids and are thinking about cheap dinner ideas. I doubt they want to spend a ton of money at Olivia’s.

Thanks for your help!

Disney Springs has a few reasonably priced (for Disney) fast food places. Otherwise, they may want to drive offsite to a Perkins, Waffle House or Steak & Shake.

Thanks Chuck! pirate:

Good's to Go is open year 'round. Turtle Shack by the Turtle Pond Neighborhood pool will vary.

Disney Springs has a few reasonably priced (for Disney) fast food places. Otherwise, they may want to drive offsite to a Perkins, Waffle House or Steak & Shake.

Thanks for your help!
Take the boatride to sorings. Pizza at Blaze is very reasonable and fast. Chicken guy has strips and fries. Earl of Sanwitch is reasonable with good sanwhiches. Burger places too.

Had to move my dates for my May trip so 8 nights at Boardwalk just became 5 nights OKW and 4 nights Poly due to availability.

If I love CBR, do you think I’ll love OKW too? My first time!

I’m staying in building 28. Peninsular Rd bus stop is closest. Do you think it saves time to walk to HH so we are last to be picked up? The bus driver said it isn’t worth the risk of a full bus at HH and being turned away. Thanks

I’m staying in building 28. Peninsular Rd bus stop is closest. Do you think it saves time to walk to HH so we are last to be picked up? The bus driver said it isn’t worth the risk of a full bus at HH and being turned away. Thanks
It depends upon the time of day. If you're going at a busy time, no it is not worth going to HH to get the last bus stop, later in the morning, it would be OK.

I've been on buses three times when that happened, so I wouldn't take the risk.

Love me some Steak & Shake. None of those up here in the Northeast.

Love me some Steak & Shake. None of those up here in the Northeast.
I can’t tell if the ones in NE Ohio are open. Every time I drive by my local one, it looks closed.

Update: It looks like drive through is open 🤣.

Last edited:
So excited to be back in a few weeks. Does anyone have a recent activities guide to post... or know where I can find one?
Is the Turtle Pond Snack Bar open in December?

Had to move my dates for my May trip so 8 nights at Boardwalk just became 5 nights OKW and 4 nights Poly due to availability.

If I love CBR, do you think I’ll love OKW too? My first time!
OKW is set up like a small community. The roads run through the resort rather than around the edges like CBR. Sidewalks are wide and easy to walk, just stay on the sidewalks since they end and cross the road every so often.

Thanks for your help!
If you are at the back of the resort and want to go to the Hospitality House, just hop any bus. They stop there last. Then to get back, either walk back or walk to the Peninsular Road bus stop (just over the bridge) and hop a bus back to your area.

If you are at the back of the resort and want to go to the Hospitality House, just hop any bus. They stop there last. Then to get back, either walk back or walk to the Peninsular Road bus stop (just over the bridge) and hop a bus back to your area.
In that way, OKW bus system is pretty good.

6321 will be in building 63, 2nd floor. There are two studios, two one bedrooms, and two Grand Villas in that floor. The GVs are 6322 and 6323, so 6321 is likely a one bedroom. It may be a Handicap unit, as Bldg 63 has two of the three HA GVs at OKW.

HELLPPPP.....😨

Points finally appeared in my new OKW HOME resale membership account.

I know I'm within 7 mos already for May '22, but are all those weekday studios REALLY gone already?

I tried to W/L but it isn't accepting .... Is it bc it's my day of arrival? (hopefully)

I'm flexible within May & would like to stay at least 2 wks.

Also, if I want to book weekdays only (& stay off site Fri/Sat) is that then different ressies?

Anyone have advice how to at least get in the game? 😰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter