OKW housekeeping schedule!?!?

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
Checked in last Monday so day would would've been Thursday correct? At 6pm I had to call for “trash and tidy” before we left for dinner. Yesterday, Sunday, would’ve been day 7 full service? I returned home but DD and family there till tomorrow. They spent all day at park and came back to no cleaning done, not even trash and tidy. I told her to call housekeeping last night for cleaning today. Has the service been changed??

Housekeeping competency is not always the best, particularly these days when Disney still has a labor shortage resulting from the pandemic lay-off period, but you are supposed to get trash and towel on fourth day (Thurs in your situation), and full cleaning on seventh if reservation is for 8 nights or more, which would be the case if departure date is tomorrow, meaning Tuesday. Moreover, trash and towel is somewhat different now since a common event these days is they come in and empty trash daily.

Last edited:
Housekeeping competency is not always the best, particularly these days when Disney still has a labor shortage resulting from the pandemic lay-off period, but you are supposed to get trash and towel on fourth day (Thurs in your situation), and full cleaning on seventh if reservation is for 8 nights or more, which would be the case if departure date is tomorrow, meaning Tuesday. Moreover, trash and towel is somewhat different now since a common event these days is they come in and empty trash daily.
Thanks for clarifying the 7 day issue! Been members since 1993 and although we have taken longer than 7 day vacations have always been split stays lol.

For stays of 8 days or longer, it is supposed to be full clean on day 4 with the trash and towel on day 7...but with the new system of trash daily, and the ability to request towels as much as we want, it seems like the trash and towel day can be hit or miss.

We split stay so we, too, have never been at any one long enough to get either! Though, I guess you can say that when we split stay we are getting a full clean with the new resort!! LOL

Are the housekeeping dues based on what the housekeeping schedule "should be?" As if they had enough staff to work what is supposed to be scheduled?

We did not have trash daily either.
I was at VGC last month, no daily trash there either. They did do day 4 trash and towel on time. I stayed at Riviera in April, they did do trash pickup each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter