OKW Going Up to $180 PP

The 25 point add on option at Riviera has me a little tempted. We really like the resort, especially the Skyliner. Mostly for 3 nights in a studio every other year.

Yes, 25 point minimum, like everywhere else (at least it was a couple of weeks ago).
Hmmm....maybe at 25 points I might add on RIV. Whenever they lower the minimum that means they have raised prices too high and they are not getting as many bites on the 50 pointers

I dont think RIV sales are where they would like them. If they make the cost difference between the older resorts and RIV smaller more people would probably go with RIV despite the restrictions. I think it's a mistake on Disney's part. I think they will only drive more to resale. Those who will buy direct will no matter, those who want resale will no matter, however those on the fence may now only go resale. The value is not there for direct anymore.
You have it wrong, Disney extended the land use for all of OKW(Google it) they are buying only 2042 OKW to get as many extended as they can or those contracts will go to 2057 without the DVC membership having to pay them just search it you will read about Disneys problem they extended the “Land Lease for all the OKW Members.

There is something to be said for being vested in any thing.

I can understand stand why Disney hold the blue cards close.

I would not be surprised to see Disney change the rules again for the resale market.

They could easily drive the price of the third party resale down by limiting all new transfers to the exact resort that the points are purchased from.

just my two cents
I don't think that would drive down the price of resale except for maybe OKW or SSR. Rivera already has those rules in place and its resale price is pretty high.

Yes I think this price increase (just like the SSR increase) is mostly about getting RIV sales up. RIV sales are below where DVC needs/wants them to be and the data shows that SSR and OKW were really chipping away at RIV sales. The question to me though is are RIV sales lower than they want because of restrictions and the option of buying lower cost direct SSR/OKW, or is it a pricing issue where $201 a point direct is for right now too high?
I seriously doubt the resale restriction is having any significant impact on sales. Most of the buyers don't have the same level of knowledge of DVC as the members of this website let alone any them having knowledge of how any other timeshare works.

I seriously doubt the resale restriction is having any significant impact on sales. Most of the buyers don't have the same level of knowledge of DVC as the members of this website let alone any them having knowledge of how any other timeshare works.
Yes I tend to agree with that. I think it had mostly to do with RIV price point compared to the lower SSR and OKW prices. As DVC has raised those prices you are seeing a shift to RIV sales (makes sense, more years etc).

Yes I tend to agree with that. I think it had mostly to do with RIV price point compared to the lower SSR and OKW prices. As DVC has raised those prices you are seeing a shift to RIV sales (makes sense, more years etc).
I completely agree. 160 vs 200 is a huge difference 180 to 200 still a difference but not as much. Those buying just for the blue card might shift to RIV. I have said before. I love the resort I just dont like the resale restrictions. These restrictions also mean that more people may be trading the RIV points into rci, so rci may have more available RIV rooms. Just something to think about for those who own RCI resorts.
Now OKW will always ha e the best prices grand villas on property

O
I completely agree. 160 vs 200 is a huge difference 180 to 200 still a difference but not as much. Those buying just for the blue card might shift to RIV. I have said before. I love the resort I just dont like the resale restrictions. These restrictions also mean that more people may be trading the RIV points into rci, so rci may have more available RIV rooms. Just something to think about for those who own RCI resorts.
Now OKW will always ha e the best prices grand villas on property
Overall I like RIV but when I added on last year I ended up with resale SSR, but looked at RIV direct. The biggest issue to RIV at the time was the point chart (especially the 1BR since we have basically out grown studios) and the fees are pretty high. I just feel for it’s location (not prime like BLT/VGF/BWV etc), it’s point chart is a little rich. But I also think this is the future of DVC, small increases to the cost per point, but also increases to the points per night needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter