Okay, all who are going in Oct. speak up!!!

Sherry E, you mentioned a Regular season "off peak" rate...I'm not familiar with that term. Help me understand how that differs from value season rates, please.
To answer your initial question, it is for 2009 that I am planning, but for me, a Disney nut, it's never too soon to plan. I do appreciate the above mention of what makes Oct. busy, because right now, I am leaning toward going the end of Sept., first week of Oct., depending on next year's calendar.
Thanks again for your help!! I would like to be in the middle of the magic, and having my sister to split the cost will help out; but if we find out that the DLH is going to cost too much for the whole week, we will stay part of it at Hojo or someplace else you guys can recommend. I just don't know when I'll get back again so this trip is gonna be a "bang up" one, if I can make it so!!!

Well, I think we are referring to the same thing when we say 'value season' or 'off-peak season.' There are the peak season rates (meaning highest possible charges for hotel rates based on busiest times of year) and then the 'off-peak' or 'value' periods are based on the 'slow' times of year. I think I was associating the word 'value' in my mind with the PIN# offer - or any other special offers that may be out there floating around - because that is a BETTER discount than the usual off-peak season rates and certainly, a better bargain the the PEAK season rates. But hopefully, since you are going next year, you will finagle a PIN# offer by then - and I have a strong hunch they will circulate them again next year. If the economy stays as bad as it is and the gas prices stay high, Disney will need to coax people there and the special offers are a great way to do it.

I agree - it is never too soon to plan, planning is half the fun, and as you know, every aspect you need to cover, someone on this board will have the answer! I also can understand the feeling of not knowing when you are going to get back so wanting to really do it up right. I have that same feeling too, and I wanted to squeak out one more Halloween-ish trip and then one more Christmasy trip this year, if possible, and then I may have to stay away for a while until finances improve!

In Utah, they have the UEA break on Oct 16 and 17, and the University of Utah has a week-long fall break this year Oct 13 - Oct 19. That's why my wife and I are going. It's looking like it might be more crowded than we were anticipating.

I think so. My initial weekend of choice (based on my friend's preference) was going to be 10/10 - 10/12. By the time I called to use the PIN# discount about three weeks ago, in July, that weekend was already booked. That was supposed to be a slower time of year but the CM said it is always busy right around that time, so who knows? In any case, I had no choice but to take the 10/3-10/5 days, against my wishes, but now I am thinking that even though that is the start of Gay Days, it MAY be slower than the following weekends in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter