Okay, all who are going in Oct. speak up!!!

Thanks for your helpful reply, Sherry E. I expected that maybe ordering the DVD MIGHT help my chances, and will definitely keep in mind booking with the WDTC. Why not...and I don't have a TA anyway. Always like to do my own planning.
As for your weather comments, they are very helpful. We were recently in So. Cal. for the first time in many years, and found the weather to be downright delightful! Low 70s...if I could order that for next year, I sure would.
Thanks again! I know I'll be coming to this forum for the next several months to learn more about DL trips!

Thanks for your helpful reply, Sherry E. I expected that maybe ordering the DVD MIGHT help my chances, and will definitely keep in mind booking with the WDTC. Why not...and I don't have a TA anyway. Always like to do my own planning.
As for your weather comments, they are very helpful. We were recently in So. Cal. for the first time in many years, and found the weather to be downright delightful! Low 70s...if I could order that for next year, I sure would.
Thanks again! I know I'll be coming to this forum for the next several months to learn more about DL trips!

Oh, you are very welcome. I am grateful to have helped in any small way I could, but I have found that there are so many knowledgeable people on this board, that pretty much any question you have someone will be able to answer! As many times as any of us have been to DL, we are all constantly learning new things and the people on this board are great at sharing tips and strategies and experiences, etc. Plus, we all just like to chat about Disney stuff in general, so you meet lots of new friends here who share the same love of the Mouse!

The WDTC packages are a tad on the lofty side, price wise, though they do come with little 'extras' (like luggage tags, pins, coupons for merchandise and food) which are MAYBE not really worth the extra price of the package! It is really a little bit cheaper to book through Central Reservations and get your tickets separately. And sometimes, as others on the Board will tell you, you can even cheaper packages for DL through NON-Disney sites. BUT, I just have a sneaking suspicion that the WDTC provided the main portion of the mailing list to Disney Destinations, and those folks booking packages, cruises, signing up for newsletters and ordering travel DVDs from the DL or WDW sites probably have a better chance of getting on the list for the special offers like the PIN offer!

I would love for the temperature to be in the low '70s all the time in California. I am not a heat person at all. Sometimes, just as we think it is going to cool down around here - like early fall - suddenly it soars up to 90 degrees or something. It is pretty weird.

Just back from Tahoe and getting excited for October 6-10 at the GCH with DH, DD4, DS2, DMIL, and DFIL!!! Holla at your Mickey!!

Just back from Tahoe and getting excited for October 6-10 at the GCH with DH, DD4, DS2, DMIL, and DFIL!!! Holla at your Mickey!!

Where were you in Tahoe? That is where we live - on the north shore.
We will be at the GCH 10/6 - 10/11!

Where were you in Tahoe? That is where we live - on the north shore.
We will be at the GCH 10/6 - 10/11!

Hi! We have been spending time every August in Tahoe since 1990. Our family/friend's cabin is in Tahoe Park. I just love it up there!! We are trying the GCH in Oct. for the first time and can't wait!

Ok - I got a pin code today in the mail - and it's for the dates we are planning our trip. :banana:
Only problem is that it is for Disney WORLD. :headache:

We will be there October 14 - 17, then headed down to San Diego. This is our first trip back to CA in about 6 years as we normally do WDW but the flights from Denver were really cheap into CA.

Hey All,

We will be there from Oct 21-24, staying at the DLH. We have a early flight in and a late flight out, so we get to play for 4 days. YEAH!!! Can't wait!! Going to the Halloween Party on the 22nd. YIPEE!!!

Hey All,

We will be there from Oct 21-24, staying at the DLH. We have a early flight in and a late flight out, so we get to play for 4 days. YEAH!!! Can't wait!! Going to the Halloween Party on the 22nd. YIPEE!!!

Hi. We will be there the exact same dates and are going to the halloween party the same day!

Ok, I think I'll be hanging around this Oct. thread, since my sis has informed me that she'd rather go early Oct. as opposed to Jan./Feb. Crossing my fingers to get a Pin code since I signed up for a vacation DVD!!!!!

Ok, I think I'll be hanging around this Oct. thread, since my sis has informed me that she'd rather go early Oct. as opposed to Jan./Feb. Crossing my fingers to get a Pin code since I signed up for a vacation DVD!!!!!

If you end up there early October, you may be there at the same time I am (October 3- 5, with an eye on switching to October 10 - 12)! I would think that your signing up for the DVD (hopefully, you also went on to the DL website and signed up for the newsletter and for 'updates' by creating the My Disneyland account) will help your chances of getting offers in the future, but not sure about this soon. This is the first time I have received such an offer and I think the WDTC got my info last year, but I have been on the Disney Destinations list for a long time. In any case, my understanding is that the rooms blocked for the PIN offer were full or filling up rapidly, but if you guys go in early October, you will still get the off-seaosn rates. I will cross my fingers for you, though!

Ooh... me, me, me!!

October 19-24 at DLH. My 5th time at Disneyland, but my first time at DLH. My friend, her husband and I are totally splurging because we have no idea when, if ever, we'll be able to do this again.

Hi. We will be there the exact same dates and are going to the halloween party the same day!

This sounds like a blast. I will have a LGM on my camera bag, I may add my screen name too!! See me, say HI!!!

Ooh... me, me, me!!

October 19-24 at DLH. My 5th time at Disneyland, but my first time at DLH. My friend, her husband and I are totally splurging because we have no idea when, if ever, we'll be able to do this again.

Maybe I will see you around the hotel. We love, love, LOVE this hotel!! As I said above, I always have my camera bag with me, so stop me and say HI!!

If you end up there early October, you may be there at the same time I am (October 3- 5, with an eye on switching to October 10 - 12)! I would think that your signing up for the DVD (hopefully, you also went on to the DL website and signed up for the newsletter and for 'updates' by creating the My Disneyland account) will help your chances of getting offers in the future, but not sure about this soon. This is the first time I have received such an offer and I think the WDTC got my info last year, but I have been on the Disney Destinations list for a long time. In any case, my understanding is that the rooms blocked for the PIN offer were full or filling up rapidly, but if you guys go in early October, you will still get the off-seaosn rates. I will cross my fingers for you, though!

Thanks, Sherry. Actually, I have been with Disney Destinations a good while too, but have not signed up for the DL newsletter. Guess I better go do that.
I'm also going to call the DLH to make sure exactly what they consider "value" season. I have seen conflicting dates.

Thanks, Sherry. Actually, I have been with Disney Destinations a good while too, but have not signed up for the DL newsletter. Guess I better go do that.
I'm also going to call the DLH to make sure exactly what they consider "value" season. I have seen conflicting dates.

It is interesting that you mention what is value season and what is not. Prior to this year, there were concrete blocks of time that were considered 'off-peak' and the hotel rates were dropped accordingly. However, Central Reservations told me last year that as of THIS year (2008), they were going to try a different way of gauging the off-peak season rates. They told me that they were going to base the prices not on specific dates but on what the trends seemed to be. The way it was explained to me last year was that, for example, if they noticed that October was getting to be pretty busy based on early bookings, they would not consider that 'off-peak' and would charge the rates applicable to the busier times of year - the 'peak-rates, if you will. It used to be that mid-September to mid-October were considered off-peak. Then, late October was regular season. Then, early November was off-peak, but from mid-November on through the rest of the year, it was considered peak season. Now, October seems to be getting busier than it used to be. I THINK that when I checked the DL site for the rates for PPH without the PIN offer in October, they WERE charging the off-peak season rates, though those rates seemed to have gotten slightly higher than they used to be. But even the off-peak rates are substantially higher than the rates with the discount or the AP holders' rates.

I am in Garden Grove and have been "known" to make it there in Honor of my Mother's Birthday (the 17th); she died last year (2007) and I may have different plans this year...possibly on Monday, the 20th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter