Ok WISH'ers, I need your HELP!

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I am a typical Yo-Yo dieter. Any ideas on how to break the cycle? I do really great for 1 week, weigh in, and then I loose it. this happened again. :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad:

I watched the Disney Vacation Planning video and it brought tears to my eyes. I want this so bad, so why do I sabotage myself?

REALLY NEED YOUR HELP AND EXPERTISE. :( :( :(

I am sorry that I can't offer you an great advice. I am in the same boat as you. I can go for a week (at the most) and then fall off again. I am having a lot of trouble resisting my trouble foods (cheese, bread, rice). I am now having a problem with sweets (cookies and chocolate) which I usually don't have a problem with. Maybe there is someone out there that can give us both some suggestions.

I know what you mean about "why do we do this to ourselves". It will be pool time soon and I am very discouraged.

Good luck on breaking the cycle.
Blessings,
Tammy

I know its so hard. My DH was saying like if a person quit smoking its like locking the tiger in a cage and keeping him there because you just DON'T smoke. But with an eating problem you have to let that tiger out of the cage several times a day and its easy for him to go wild.

For me I'm doing WW and I don't want to keep paying the weekly fees forever so I'm trying hard to stick with it so I can get to goal in a reasonable amount of time (which is still going to be like a year). I try to use this same motivation for exercise and drinking water. I'm a lot like you on the water thing though because I'll do really good one week and then hardly drink any the next.

Also I try really hard to focus on how I feel when I'm tempted to eat wrong and how I know I'll feel after I eat it. I know the feeling of "oh great, look what I did now" is going to be worse than the "poor me I wish I could eat a whole plate of that"!

Probably none of this will help but I just want you to remember you aren't alone and we all know what you're going through.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

What Liz said!

I don’t know if this will assist. I have a friend who gave me his trick.

Deny yourself nothing if it is a problem UNTIL you can let go of those bad-for-you things. What you must do here is convince yourself to understand and accept that the first spoon or piece tastes exactly as the second, the third, the fourth, etc. Only allow yourself that taste. I know it is difficult for me to do this as well. I find that I feel that I am in a bit more in control if I taste it then let it go.

Sometimes I carry that Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cup wherever I go (kind of like that security blanket) and feel empowered when I resist. I allow myself those good feelings because I tell myself that I can resist.

Don’t quit. If you are tempted, walk away for 20 minutes…do something—anything—then revisit that urge and if it is that overpowering have that taste. Keep playing the good mind games with yourself until you train yourself to understanding you can do it and you are doing it! Chew ice!

Keep on with it even if you fall. Get up and go again and again. Remember you are doing this for yourself and you are worth it!
:sunny:

I have found that planning my day as soon as I wake up really helps. Also, having scheduled snacks keep me from eating when I am not suppose to. When I get the urge to snack I look at the clock and know I only have 1hr till I will be eating again, no since I blowing it. I rely a lot on sugarless gum. I just want something in my mouth. I also find things I like that are the lowest in carbs and fat, then I can still have atleast one serving. Once I get that serving out the container gets put away and doesn't come back out.

I am not sure what program you are following, but could it be that you are setting yourself up to sabotage yourself? By this I mean are you denying yourself everything that you love? What has helped me while following WW is to allow myself some of the foods that really make me "feel good", but in moderation and I always account for the "feel good" food in my daily points. In the past I have found if I have to give up foods that I love than I wouldn't stick to any program at all. I think the key to weight loss success is not denying yourself foods, but incorporating them amongst the healthier foods because this is a life style change, not a temporary diet. If you look at it from the perspective that you are relearning how to eat and you need to eat in a way that you can continue on forever instead of a diet, than perhaps things will change about. I am one of those people who if you told me I couldn't have something I would probably want it 10x more, that is why I do not have any taboo foods.

Good luck, together we can all win at losing. Will we have set backs, sure we are human, but with support we can do it!!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

You can do it! I am like you...gone up and down for years now....but no more...I finally realized that it is not enough to know how much you want it...you have to know how much you NEED it! Remind yourself that you NEED to lose the weight...it isn't an option...
remember it will be slow and some weeks are better than others...but always stick to it...don't deprive yourself of things...learn to eat less of them.
It isn't easy, but it is worth it. I am 17 lbs down and 33 to go to where I really want to be....my body will feel better and thank me. :)
Just come here and we will support you! And don't hate yourself for setbacks....love yourself no matter what! :)
We are all in this together! :)

Plan your days, get some exercise, and drink LOTS of water!! :) and don't forget to smile! :)

Kamy

I sure know how you feel. I seem to have been dieting forever. Even when I lost a large number of pounds and should have been encouraged, I wound up gaining it all back and having to start over. So, I am at it yet again. I am hoping this will be the time I can really do it.
Have you ever seen the book "Picture Perfect Weight Loss" by Dr. Shapiro? It shows a lot of photos of different choices we can make throughout our day without changing our schedules or reasons for eating. I found it very helpful to see the photos that tell you a bagel with cream cheese is equal in calories to a huge stack of low fat waffles and syrup or jam. He says that we should not deny ourselves anything, but just be aware of the choices we make. Seems that some of our choices that we assume are better for us (Low-fat Dunkin donuts muffin, dry corn muffin....) are really worse than choices we prefer but avoid because we are trying to be good (waffles, roll). The photos are very dramatic and show piles of food that you can have instead of a tiny portion of something less healthy. You may want to check it out for some interesting comparisons.

You can do this! Hang in there.....a set back is not the end.

Believe me I can identify with you--I've been doing WW since July of 2000. I did very well at first and lost 20 pounds (I was within 7 pounds of my goal), but then slowly started yo-yoing. Slowly my yo-yoing turned into gaining overall. I have now gained all the weight back plus some. I kept beating myself up and thinking of myself as a failure. I have finally quit doing that. Everyone's weight loss journey is different. With some people the weight practically falls off compared to how slowly my weight loss goes. Some folks are disappointed with a 1 pound loss, but for me that's great. I think it's important to try to overcome a defeatest mentality, which can be a daily struggle. Say to yourself over and over that you can do it. I tried to make little "mantras" to help me remember my goals when I'm tempted. One I like a lot is "No food tastes as good as slim feels." Planning also helps me stay on track. That way when I'm hungry I won't eat too much because I haven't planned ahead for my meal. My old WW leader (the leader I had when I was away at college) told me something that I haven't forgotten. She said that even if it takes me a while I have learned something valuable about myself--I'm not a quitter. I really take that to heart when I need some encouragement. I am struggling right there with you, so hopefully we can encourage each other. We CAN do this!!!

I also have been a yo yo dieter. I think I have finally found an eating plan that is easy for me and doesn't make me feel deprived and that, I think, is the secret--at least for me.

My entire problem is my mind set. I had to break myself of the habit of being real strict on my low fat eating plan one week then going hog wild eating fried foods etc the next week. Now I don't follow a low fat eating plan and that is working for me.

Good luck with this. Come here to your WISH buddies when you need motivation and encouragement. That's what we're here for.

You <b>can</b> do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter