• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK so we blew it........

chucklhd

Earning My Ears
We are leaving in 6 days and haven't been able to get many ADR for humane eating times...ie:9:40 PM is way too late for my parents to eat (they are normal 5 pm eaters).

Anyone cancelling ADR's anywhere for 8/14-8/19 or have any recommendations or tips to get some reservations??

We take all advice!

Why not just eat at the counter service eateries. Some of them do have a good variety and the food is really good. You can all still sit down and have a nice leisure meal. :)

chucklhd said:
We are leaving in 6 days and haven't been able to get many ADR for humane eating times...ie:9:40 PM is way too late for my parents to eat (they are normal 5 pm eaters).

Anyone cancelling ADR's anywhere for 8/14-8/19 or have any recommendations or tips to get some reservations??

We take all advice!

On last year's DDP, I did manage to just show up at opening time of the restaurant and get a table.

If your party size is more than 4 people, then you'll probably have to split up into 2 tables. The larger tables go fast on reservations and they probably won't want to give you those!

Also, I would call WDW DINE again, every-day, because cancellations happen all the time. I did this a few weeks ago for about 5 days in a row and finally a reservation opened up I wanted.

There was a recent announcement that several restaurants are extending their hours to accomodate all the free dining plan traffic--namely Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, Chef Mickey's and Ohana. I was able to move an 8:10 reservation at CS up to 5:00, and they had times available as early as 4:30 (as of 2 days ago). I'll try to post the link to that thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1185004

Call now, and good luck!

You may also try having your large table service meal for lunch and the counter service meal for dinner. The ressie timing may be better for you.

Did you forget to call and make ressies??? I would call every day at least a few hours apart and see what i could get. :grouphug:

I would keep calling and even when your there check daily the front desk of your resort can help with that, it also wont hurt to check in at the restaurants too.
Here's hoping some pixie dust happens and you get into some TS restaurants of your choice!

OK....I have a dinner booked each night for the following that I haven't canceled yet - All for a party of 4:

Sun. Aug. 13- Chef Mickey's 7:10 pm
Monday - Primetime 7:05 pm
Tuesday - 1900 Park Fare 7:00 pm
Wednesday - WCC 7:00 pm
Thursday - CHef Mickey's 7:10 pm
Friday - WCC 7:10 pm

I agree with showing up at opening time. We did this and were able to get a ressie for LeCellier.

Some very good but lesser talked about restaurants that might have openings are....

Olivia's at Old Key West
Kona Cafe at the Polynesian
Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian
Concourse Grill at the Contemporary
Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney
Yachtclub Galley at the YachtClub

These are all EXCELLENT restaurants and may have openings as they are less talked about.

There is also a new TS restaurant at Saratoga Springs, I believe, that you might want to ask about.

If you can't get some of the ADRs you want, try some of the "less popular" locations. Eeyore2003 mentioned a few, but you might want to check the Downtown Disney restaurants as many of them do not participate in the DDP.

Also, a good time to try and make ADRs is the day before the date you want to go. Many folks will call and cancel/change ADRs the day before because their plans change, etc.

Best of luck! :wizard:

Thanks everyone. I called and called and we were able to finagle table service at:

8/14 Mayan Grill 5:30
8/15 WCC 12:30
8/16 Grand Floridian Cafe 4:40
8/17 Concourse Steakhouse 4:30
8/18 Alfredo 1:00

If anyone has changes or recommendations let me know.

I think those look great! Maybe this will be an opportunity to try some restaurants you normally wouldn't do.

chucklhd said:
Thanks everyone. I called and called and we were able to finagle table service at:

This looks great! I think you'll enjoy eating early (we often do) so that you have more time in the parks in the evening, or more evening swimming, whatever!

Have fun!

I've eaten at all of those except the Mayan Grill and you're going to really enjoy them I think. All great "hidden gems" in my book. They all have nicely prepared "chef type" offerings and none are "way out there" in taste options. I would highly recommend the Chocolate Fondue at the Grand Floridian. YUM!!!

chucklhd said:

At the Mayan Grill if you order the Mixed Grill, make sure at least two people share it. My mom and I made the mistake of ordering it (on DDP) and we couldn't believe the amount of food on that HUGE platter. You get a big steak, a slab of ribs, and a big piece of fish along with vegetables, and probably five pounds of mashed potatoes. We ate till we were stuffed, took probably 3/4's of it back to the room with us, ate on it two days later, then finally threw away alot of it. It was very good though!

Whispering Canyon Cafe the all you can eat skillet is good, but the steak my son ordered was a little tough and fatty. Their nachos looked good, but we haven't tried them ourselves.

I'm afraid we haven't tried the Grand Floridian Cafe or Concourse Steakhouse.

Alfredo's was OK. My mom loved her fettucine. I forgot what I ordered, but it was just OK. The only thing I remember about Alfredo's is that we had a really snobby waiter who got really put out when we wouldn't order any alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter