Ok disers, help me budget my Melting Pot dinner tommorow

I have always wanted to go to the Melting Pot. I even have to coupons coming to me. Just have never been. Might have to make a trip after hearing about the cheese, chocolate, and strawberries.

May I jump in and ask a question.... I have only been 1 time, I was with girlfriends... it was a nice girls night out.... Now, I am thinking about going with my DH for my birthday next week. The only reason I havent gone with my DH before is that he has food allergies.... so, by sharing the pot to cook in, I basically have to get steak. Is there a way for us to be able to cook in 2different pots? Will it cost me extra? We could share the cheese, and dessert.... he is allergic to seafood and poultry. I am not positive what the dessert dippers are, but assuming they dont have nuts (allergic)... we can share. I would have anything just left out that does have nuts in it.

TIA

As the PP said, I'm sure if you explain the situation, they'll give you a table with 2 burners. Also, I'm not sure if your DH worries about cross contamination, but if he does, you'll need to ask if the chocolate is cross contaminated with nuts (I'm sure you know that a lot of chocolate is made on shared lines with candy that contains nuts). Also, several of their chocolate styles have peanut butter in them, so you'll need to watch out for that. And they bring dippers like brownies and cheesecake that might also be cross contaminated. I'd just talk with them when you make your reservations to see what's safe and what's not. I'm sure they'll be willing to replace any of the dessert dip-ables that are not safe (they also have things like marshmallows, strawberries, and bananas).

OP-- Where did you find this coupon?? DH and I are going for our anniversary on Saturday, and the best we've been able to find is the free chocolate fondue! --Katie

I was a skeptic before my first trip too...what if I don't like it? What if I'm too full? Lemmee tell ya, it's all good. Ask your server what the most popular items are and stick with those the first time if you're not sure what to get. They are always great about subbing things out if you don't like, as a PP said.

Meat course: you get tons of sauces to dip your meat into. Delicious. Don't forget you're only eating one bite on a stick at a time, and you have to cook each piece one at a time.

It takes a loooong time to do the whole meal, and it's like watching a cooking show at your table. Dinner and a show! We have only been a few times, but love it - enjoy and happy anniversary!

IMeat course: you get tons of sauces to dip your meat into. Delicious. Don't forget you're only eating one bite on a stick at a time, and you have to cook each piece one at a time.

!

LOL--took my brother there once and he is NOT someone that likes that kind of meal but it was my daughters birthday and that is where she picked to eat---He cooked one piece on the skewer and then he took his whole plate of meat and dumped it into the burner to all cook at once!! He was SO not into the long drawn out meal thing!

My DSis has always wanted me to go with her, but I just don't understand the process...which is better? Broth or oil? I like healthy so broth? And I'm not huge on meat-especially raw meat so is there like a veggie thing to pick? What comes with the cheese fondue (dippers) and what cheese would be REALLY good?

Thinking I MAY surprise DSis with a ressie for getting her first teaching assignment- sounds like a celebratory type dinner and I already know she loves it there...

My DSis has always wanted me to go with her, but I just don't understand the process...which is better? Broth or oil? I like healthy so broth? And I'm not huge on meat-especially raw meat so is there like a veggie thing to pick? What comes with the cheese fondue (dippers) and what cheese would be REALLY good?

Thinking I MAY surprise DSis with a ressie for getting her first teaching assignment- sounds like a celebratory type dinner and I already know she loves it there...

They have a vegetarian option- I get that sometimes--comes with goat cheese ravioli, asparagus, artichoke hearts, edamame,mushrooms. Broth is like boiling meat--its good but I love batter dipping things and frying them so we get two burners so I don't have to fry everything but can fry somethings.
Dippers for cheese fondue- breads, apples, nacho type chips, carrots, celery. I LOVE the artichoke dip--its soooo good!

I love their Caesar salad. It's usually about 120 or so for both of us. We get the big nightnout, cheese, salad, entree and dessert. They have different deals. But ordering a la carte, so to speak, is going to be more expensive.

DH and I went for our anniversary and thought is was so so. The cheese and chocolate were delicious. The entree and salad not that good. If we go back we are going to stick with the cheese and chocolate :thumbsup2

I love their Caesar salad. It's usually about 120 or so for both of us. We get the big nightnout, cheese, salad, entree and dessert. They have different deals. But ordering a la carte, so to speak, is going to be more expensive.

I am not a salad lover but I LOVE their house salad with the peppercorn ranch dressing. I usually get one to go to eat the next day when I am there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter