***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Quick question for those who have attended in the past, it says that Hagrid's closes early but doesn't have a time. What time does it usually close?

Does it have a clear out time of midnight like Velocicoaster & Hulk or is it sooner? Just trying to plan my night a little.

Quick question for those who have attended in the past, it says that Hagrid's closes early but doesn't have a time. What time does it usually close?

Does it have a clear out time of midnight like Velocicoaster & Hulk or is it sooner? Just trying to plan my night a little.
I know it has to be finished running by midnight. So, they need to stop allowing people in line earlier than that. (It’s all due to a local noise ordinance.)

Anything that closes early usually has a clear out time of midnight.

Thanks! Since they didn't have it listed under the noise ordinance/maintenance list, I thought it may have a different time. I'll keep my eye on the wait time for the line.

Thanks again.

Thanks! Since they didn't have it listed under the noise ordinance/maintenance list, I thought it may have a different time. I'll keep my eye on the wait time for the line.

Thanks again.
When I went this past December to the 12/4 meetup I waited maybe 10/15 min for hagrids around 10pm.

Another question. In the past, how hard was it to book the discounted hotel rates? Do they sell out within seconds, minutes, hours???

Which hotels are usually the hardest to book. I already have a room booked, but if I can save a little money, that would be awesome!

Another question. In the past, how hard was it to book the discounted hotel rates? Do they sell out within seconds, minutes, hours???

Which hotels are usually the hardest to book. I already have a room booked, but if I can save a little money, that would be awesome!
The premier hotels (express included) are the hardest and they are usually gone in minutes.

2 day tickets sold out for all 3 weekends, pretty darn quickly. Ended up with Nov 18-19 because both Dec weekends were gone in 4min!

Hi newbies here to the OI meet up, I bought tickets for 2 nights for my husband his friend and my son …..does anyone know how the tickets work exactly? I put my husbands name on the order apparently there are no other names on the order he just has to be there with them to get said tickets or is it a wristband what exactly do they give you? The thought just popped into my head that maybe my son can go the first night and then I could go to the second night. We have two younger kids that I didn’t really have the budget to be buying so many tickets and it’s so late for them I just didn’t think it would be worth it. But man I’d really like to go for at least one night! I’m starting to get a little jealous bone over here lol

Also if anyone can can suggest a condo/house that’s pretty close to Universal they suggest since we’re gonna be with my husbands friend I wanted to get a condo with at least separate bedrooms and bathrooms, just more privacy…….. doesn’t have to be super fancy fancy all were interested in is clean and in good working order

Do they only offer 2 queen rooms (looking at Hard Rock) and just standard, or can you get a CL room discounted? Or a King?
I have RPR booked since it isn't listed for Dec 10th, but will attempt HRH.
Been 2x, never booked early enough to get hotel. 🤞

Last edited:

For last Dec I missed out initially on RPR for our meetup weekend, but kept trying and someone must have cancelled because I did manage to get it, I think later in the day. What I can't remember is how we got access tp the discounted rate, if they emailed a link or something else.

Do they only offer 2 queen rooms (looking at Hard Rock) and just standard, or can you get a CL room discounted? Or a King?
I have RPR booked since it isn't listed for Dec 10th, but will attempt HRH.
Been 2x, never booked early enough to get hotel. 🤞
They typically offer king rooms at one of the premier hotels each weekend but they go fast. I stayed at portofino this past December and tried to grab a king room right when they went on sale but it was gone before I could get it in my cart and to the check out page so I ended up with a queen room.

Are the OI hotel rate cancellation policies the same as Loews' usual policy? Fully refundable until 5 days out?

If you want to stay onsite and they are gone just keep an eye out. If people cancel those room will open up. When we went last winter I booked offsite, but was able to snag Cabana Bay closer to the date. It makes it much easier and more convenient to stay onsite. Plus if the price is just a little higher than where you currently booked don't forget to factor in Uber or parking fees in addition to your room that you won't have staying onsite. We paid a little more for our room onsite, but probably came out even or ahead compared to offsite, plus the convenience of onsite. Definitely worth it.

Hi newbies here to the OI meet up, I bought tickets for 2 nights for my husband his friend and my son …..does anyone know how the tickets work exactly? I put my husbands name on the order apparently there are no other names on the order he just has to be there with them to get said tickets or is it a wristband what exactly do they give you? The thought just popped into my head that maybe my son can go the first night and then I could go to the second night. We have two younger kids that I didn’t really have the budget to be buying so many tickets and it’s so late for them I just didn’t think it would be worth it. But man I’d really like to go for at least one night! I’m starting to get a little jealous bone over here lol
You can easily go one night and your son can go the other. Your husband has to check in each night to pick up the park tickets and wrist bands but the tickets themselves aren't labeled. The bands are those non-rip kinds like you get at concerts (if you know what I mean) so they can't be transferred once they're on, but you'll get new ones each night so you could go one night and your son the other.

ETA: I thought this was the thread for the June meetup, which is the one I'm going to, but I assume the process will be similar for both.

I decided to book CBBR for Dec 9-10, also added Dec 7 & 8 because they were only $104/nt (as opposed to the 9 & 10 which were $135), then for fun went back and looked. By 10:08 Hard Rock was sold out for my weekend already.

And at 10:18 the only things left are CBBR and Dockside! That was fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter