Ohio DVC Owners

From NE Ohio here (Kent) and just closed on Riviera and Saratoga last month. :drinking:

Doing our first DVC trip in July for 14 days, so we opted to drive this time. Where do you guys recommend to stop 1/2 way? I want to push out out far as we can but not to the point I’m a zombie the next day.

Hi again OH DVC-ers!
We have had APs but we haven't always kept them - my DS x2 and I have them now, DH had a screw up with his renewal when COVID hit and we canceled a couple of trips, so didn't get to renew and he hasn't been to the parks in a while. He did go down for a golfing only trip with some friends this past winter.
The rest of us have certainly been using the APs this year with multiple trips. I head back next Tuesday with DS16, staying at SSR which has been our go-to this year. We love the renovated rooms and proximity to DS. This was supposed to be our DVC member cruise trip! This will probably be our last use of our APs before they expire. We were trying to find a room when the kids have a fall break but everything is booked! We probably won't renew AP this time as DS16 will be a senior in HS and (hopefully) doing college tours and everything that goes along with senior year.
I do love to drive (as I hate to fly) but we haven't done so in forever, I just don't get enough days off to add on driving days to our trips. I think the last time we drove to WDW was before we had kids!
I did just book a Poly studio (where we own) for my mom and I to be there when DS16 school choir and band will be there over spring break 2022. He's in the choir and they will bus down and back and sing for one day at either Epcot or DS and watch their band in MK another day. I think they will also do a day at Universal. So, my mom and I will catch the band and choir and have some fun in the parks and by the pool!

Last edited:
Just saw this thread (I know a little late) and thought I would check in. Good to see the other buckeye DVC owners.

We are AKV owners since 2009 and live east of Cleveland (CF). Over the years we have flown years we have flown CAK, CLE, CMH, and PIT depending on flight schedule and cost.

Just saw this thread (I know a little late) and thought I would check in. Good to see the other buckeye DVC owners.

We are AKV owners since 2009 and live east of Cleveland (CF). Over the years we have flown years we have flown CAK, CLE, CMH, and PIT depending on flight schedule and cost.
We are in Geauga County. I check the same airports. We usually end up flying United out of CLE. My wife and I have United Visa cards so we get 1free checked bag each. If our flight leaves in the morning, we stay the night before at the Sheraton. If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member, parking is only $8 a day if you stayed there the night before your flight.

NW Ohio here. My parents have been DVC owners since the early 90s. Currently they own at OKW and HH, but they don’t use their points much so now we do :drinking:DH and I got engaged in HH, honeymooned at Aulani, we really love Disney. Next week, we decided at the last minute we would do a resort only stay at the Treehouse Villas. Planning to drive since our 2yr old isn’t used to wearing a mask. Thinking of doing a little drive to the Kentucky border the first day, and then a bigger drive the next day and stop south of Atlanta. Any suggestions? Thanks!

NW Ohio here. My parents have been DVC owners since the early 90s. Currently they own at OKW and HH, but they don’t use their points much so now we do :drinking:DH and I got engaged in HH, honeymooned at Aulani, we really love Disney. Next week, we decided at the last minute we would do a resort only stay at the Treehouse Villas. Planning to drive since our 2yr old isn’t used to wearing a mask. Thinking of doing a little drive to the Kentucky border the first day, and then a bigger drive the next day and stop south of Atlanta. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Really depends how much driving you are comfortable with in a day. With a Drive from Atlanta to to Orlando it sounds like you have 3 'full' travel days. I guess it really depends on what your 2 yr old can handle.

Really depends how much driving you are comfortable with in a day. With a Drive from Atlanta to to Orlando it sounds like you have 3 'full' travel days. I guess it really depends on what your 2 yr old can handle.
She’s used to 5-6 hour drives up north. We were thinking just over the border in Kentucky the first night leaving in the afternoon, and then a big day of driving and stopping maybe in Macon. Then Macon to Disney the next day! I’m thinking if we get to the hotels with a decent amount of time for the little one to run around, our drives and nights will go much smoother.

Hi y'all! Just found this group. Buckeye born and bred - NW Ohio. We've lived in Lima, Columbus and SW of Akron. Now in Metro Cincy.

We own at DHHIR and DBRV for many years.

There are some great hotels along the river in NKY but pricey also some near CVG - again pricey. If you go just a little further south to Florence or even further to Walton area, you'll save some money. I would advise going 275 around Cincy as there is bridge construction on I/75 at I/71 junction that really messes up traffic going both north or south. It's going to be going on for a while. Just FYI...

If anyone on the east side of Cleveland is thinking of getting TSA Pre-check, they are having a pop up location at the AAA office in Mentor in late October.

Attachments

• 61B9E3C2-4E73-4BB3-8CC5-F0E222B1856C.png
    61B9E3C2-4E73-4BB3-8CC5-F0E222B1856C.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
Central Ohio DVC owners with a recent BCV resale contract added to our HH contract. We had points to burn from our BCV resale and spent a incredible week at Boulder Ridge 1Br in early Sept. It was a slow paced trip filled with lots of pool time and meals at Geyser Point! A week later we spent 9 nights at BCV with another family and their 5yr. This was a flashback to our child rearing days (we're empty nesters now). Up early with an afternoon break and early dinner and bedtime. Stayed up later a couple nights and spent two days at the resort after they left to recuperate in the lazy river!! Our next trip is scheduled for late April. We're planning a long weekend in HH in June with my father-in-law (87). We've taken him to Disney twice and HH once. He really wants to visit HH again so we're hopeful it can all work out.

Central Ohio DVC owners with a recent BCV resale contract added to our HH contract. We had points to burn from our BCV resale and spent a incredible week at Boulder Ridge 1Br in early Sept. It was a slow paced trip filled with lots of pool time and meals at Geyser Point! A week later we spent 9 nights at BCV with another family and their 5yr. This was a flashback to our child rearing days (we're empty nesters now). Up early with an afternoon break and early dinner and bedtime. Stayed up later a couple nights and spent two days at the resort after they left to recuperate in the lazy river!! Our next trip is scheduled for late April. We're planning a long weekend in HH in June with my father-in-law (87). We've taken him to Disney twice and HH once. He really wants to visit HH again so we're hopeful it can all work out.
I'm jealous of your two trips so close together!

Been quiet in here for too long. We’re headed down in June for a BLT stay. Anyone else going?

We recently got back from an adults only trip for the first week of F&G. Amazing trip. Highly recommend Bull & Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf if anyone hasn't been. Also the "Savor the Savanna" tour at Animal Kingdom.

Our next trip isn't until December. #sad:charac2:

We recently got back from an adults only trip for the first week of F&G. Amazing trip. Highly recommend Bull & Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf if anyone hasn't been. Also the "Savor the Savanna" tour at Animal Kingdom.

Our next trip isn't until December. #sad:charac2:
I have heard good things about Bull and Bear.

We're heading down in September for a week. I was able to move us at the 7 month window to a 2 bedroom at BCV and a cabin at CCV. We were going to stay at one of our home resorts - BRV but we had an overload of points to use thanks to Covid, so I moved us to a cabin. It ticks 2 more resorts off our bucket list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!