Ohana reservation question

j71

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have made an Ohana reservation for June, but by accident I only selected a party of 2, when we are a party of 5! I called Disney and they said they can usually accommodate in these situations and that early on the day of our reservation, they will send a text or message asking if anything has changed.... I can let them know at that time we have 5 and not 2.....
Does this all sound right to you? Will Ohana show flexibility with the error I made....? Thank you All...!

I've read more than once of parties being turned away when they showed up with one more than they had reserved for, so I'd be very surprised if you have an ADR for 2 and they can accommodate 3 extra! I would book for a party of 3 (or 4 - Disney's system doesn't like odd numbers, and there's no penalty for showing up with one fewer) now, to accommodate your extras, and keep trying for an ADR for 5 or 6. If you get the ADR for the entire group, cancel the other two ADRs; if you don't get an ADR for 5, then have every one arrive at 'Ohana about 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in with the CM in person, not via MDE, and ask to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient - they'll try their best!

Edited to add - I'm afraid that this may be one more example of CMs on the phone giving bad advice, sad to say -

Hello, I have made an Ohana reservation for June, but by accident I only selected a party of 2, when we are a party of 5! I called Disney and they said they can usually accommodate in these situations and that early on the day of our reservation, they will send a text or message asking if anything has changed.... I can let them know at that time we have 5 and not 2.....
Does this all sound right to you? Will Ohana show flexibility with the error I made....? Thank you All...!
It has been pretty easy to do a walk-up lately at Ohana, especially later in the day. In March we had an evening reservation for 2 and were able to add 2 of our friends and have a table for 4 with no issue. But of course nothing is guaranteed.

It has been pretty easy to do a walk-up lately at Ohana, especially later in the day. In March we had an evening reservation for 2 and were able to add 2 of our friends and have a table for 4 with no issue. But of course nothing is guaranteed.
Wow, I'm so accustomed to reading that 'Ohans is slammed and impossible to get! How things change!

Wow, I'm so accustomed to reading that 'Ohans is slammed and impossible to get! How things change!
In my opinion the food is not what it used to be. I still go because of the noodles, potstickers, and the bread pudding- but it is a shell of what it was pre-Covid.

I've read more than once of parties being turned away when they showed up with one more than they had reserved for, so I'd be very surprised if you have an ADR for 2 and they can accommodate 3 extra! I would book for a party of 3 (or 4 - Disney's system doesn't like odd numbers, and there's no penalty for showing up with one fewer) now, to accommodate your extras, and keep trying for an ADR for 5 or 6. If you get the ADR for the entire group, cancel the other two ADRs; if you don't get an ADR for 5, then have every one arrive at 'Ohana about 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in with the CM in person, not via MDE, and ask to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient - they'll try their best!

Edited to add - I'm afraid that this may be one more example of CMs on the phone giving bad advice, sad to say -
That actually happened to us and they sure did accommodate us.

'Ohana tends to have a lot of tables to seat 4, and then some really big tables. It's probably less of an issue going from 2 to 4 than it might be going to 5. I'd be a little uncomfortable with the advice you were given by the cast member. I think that reservation changes the table type you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter