'Ohana not available for reservations

It is a tough get to begin with.

BUT part of the problem is looking for an ADR for 1. The system at 'Ohana HATES solo guests - and from what I understand is not a fan of odd-numbered parties. Try searching for 2. As long as you show up, no charge for the "ghost". They are aware this is a system glitch - apparently predominately for 'Ohana as other family-style places will take 1.

EXACTLY what the problem was! When I searched for a table for two, plenty of times came up! As soon as I looked for 1 again, there were no times available! Thanks for the tip! This will be VERY useful for any future reservations I make!

I have that same issue with OpenTable, oddly enough. I guess they're trying to maximize capacity and holding 2-top tables for one person technically doesn't "maximize" the potential. No big deal to just book for 2.

I did find when I couldn't get a table somewhere 'sometimes' I could call up the reservations and they would have something I could book...this is how we managed to snag a ohana and BOG reservations on our last trip. But like a lot of people say there is a lot of reservation hoarding going on and people hang on till the night before, so chances are you will get something last min, a friend of ours managed that last time they were there

But like a lot of people say there is a lot of reservation hoarding going on and people hang on till the night before, so chances are you will get something last min, a friend of ours managed that last time they were there
This is a direct repercussion of Disney refusing to finalize show times and extend hours until a few weeks out. People have to plan entirely alternate days.

EXACTLY what the problem was! When I searched for a table for two, plenty of times came up! As soon as I looked for 1 again, there were no times available! Thanks for the tip! This will be VERY useful for any future reservations I make!

Yeah. 'Ohana is the primary one with that glitch, but I've just gotten in the habit of always searching for 2 since there are few if any places with tables for one and you don't get charged for the "no show". Saves me the "one or two" dance - and also gives me a spot in case an area friend joins me! :)

It is a tough get to begin with.

BUT part of the problem is looking for an ADR for 1. The system at 'Ohana HATES solo guests - and from what I understand is not a fan of odd-numbered parties. Try searching for 2. As long as you show up, no charge for the "ghost". They are aware this is a system glitch - apparently predominately for 'Ohana as other family-style places will take 1.
Good to know! We're a party of 3, so I'll be looking for 4. Thanks!

Sigh... I remember the old days when you could just walk up to a restaurant at WDW and get a seat without a reservation, without reserving 60+ days in advance, always greeted with a welcoming smile, didn't have to worry about "am I going to make it", seating for 1 or 6 people... it didn't matter, all the while spending a "reasonable" amount of money on food. You all now see what Disney has become - a cash cow. They know people are going to come, and they know people are going to spend money. And they know they can raise park entrance fees and dining prices astronomically, and people will still come. Nobody ever thought about whether they were going to be able to eat or not. Part of the problem is now that Disney has become so popular and so many people are flocking to the parks, and every one of them has to eat. Something. Somewhere. And that's what makes it so difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter