Oh geez, what do I do now...

mousy_in_canada

<font color=darkcoral>Ahhh to dream!<br><font colo
We were putting away the Christmas decorations at our church yesterday and we heard a cat crying in the furnace room.. it got in by the cold air return duct that the screen came off of.. anyway, my Dh tried to pick it up by the scruff of the neck to take it to animal control (it was a VERY scared 6-8 week old kitten) we had a box right there to drop him in.. and it BIT him... it bit him on the knuckle and we took the kitten to the animal control yesterday and she said that if his finger swells up to get to the hospital ASAP, WELL.. it is huge so he is down there now and he is being treated for rabies, they are doing it just to be sure that he will be ok.. but he needs a needle a day I think for 28 days... ACK.. look at my counter! Can I bring needles on a plane... what do I need... what should we do?????? He is getting 7 needles right now and then I think he said one a day, he just phoned me from the lobby.. I feel really bad for him... What do I need to ask the Doctors... ADVICE PLEASE...

I think that if you have proof of the medication and a doctor's signature stating that you need the needles for a mandatory injection, you should be ok. The best thing to do is contact the airline - they should be able to provide you with the most accurate information.
Think about it this way - people who require insulin injections every day still fly....
Sorry about the kitty bite though - I hope your DH is ok.
Jo

My children both have Type 1 Diabetes and we have often flown. We just keep our medication in our carry on luggage and have a note from our doctor stating the reason for the medication. We always keep our supplies in their original packaging as well. You should have no problem but that is quite a scare! :D

Not easily, and quickly, no.

If I recall correctly, they have to destroy the kitten, remove the head and send it for testing. Takes too long, better to immediately treat the injured party.

Sorry to hear about your husband - I hope you get things all worked out.

yes that is right they have to check the brain and it could take weeks to find out, this is the quickest action to take. the cat is on a 10 quarantine at the animal rescue to be watched.
He got the chart to get the needles and they are going to be every second day and the needles are $900 I am not sure if that is total or each and they have to kept at a controlled temp so we need to go the hospital down there and they will do it, The Dr will write a request for it, I am glad we got the extra coverage!
Anyway he is feeling sore but he will be ok!

Sorry to hear that Mousy, BIL had to go through that a few years ago after he tried to befriend a fox (duh). I hear it can be painful. Hope all goes well. If the cat is OK after 10 days, can the shots be stopped?

Oh mousy - what timing! Good thing your DH is all right and everything is going to be fine.

Enjoy your trip and you and hubby will just have to think that there is no better place than the happiest place on earth to have to take needles!! At least he can still travel!

Sandyincanada said:
Sorry to hear that Mousy, BIL had to go through that a few years ago after he tried to befriend a fox (duh). I hear it can be painful. Hope all goes well. If the cat is OK after 10 days, can the shots be stopped?

no once they start a course of action it can not be stopped, I am just glad that we are still able to travel

OMG!!!! Hope all is going well and DH is OK. What a thing to have happen!!! You think you have your planning licked and them WHAMMO!!

PD and :grouphug: to you mousy!

He is doing ok! thanks for asking.. since the Cat was ok they moved him to weekly shots so he goes one day a week now.. which will be GREAT for this trip!!!

I can NOT believe my counter YEA YEA! yours is coming soon too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter