Offshoot Add-on-itis Poll: Do you plan to add-on? And if so when?

Do you plan to add-on? If yes then when?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
There’s a modest 1291 point VGF contract on the market at the moment… anyone’s addonitis severe enough to bite? 😂
I just wanted to add that it's UY is also immediately AFTER when it's FW is so if you cancelled the reservation 31+ days out, the points would still expire a few weeks after when the FW was supposed to be unless you cancelled before the banking window. I'm sorry whoever the owner is but this is just a really terrible contract all around 😭

Edit: ALSO week 28 currently costs 965 for a GV at VGF for the week. This person bought their FW based on the original point charts which priced the summer higher and was originally 1174 for week 28 so the FW part of it is basically worthless now. If used it's basically an additional 33% in cost of points as opposed to the 10% it was originally intended to be.

Last edited:
We have 225 points at BLT that we got resale, I would like to addon at a non monorail loop resort, possibly 150 points at RIV to get blue card, but I'm in no rush.

I just wanted to add that it's UY is also immediately AFTER when it's FW is so if you cancelled the reservation 31+ days out, the points would still expire a few weeks after when the FW was supposed to be unless you cancelled before the banking window. I'm sorry whoever the owner is but this is just a really terrible contract all around 😭

Edit: ALSO week 28 currently costs 965 for a GV at VGF for the week. This person bought their FW based on the original point charts which priced the summer higher and was originally 1174 for week 28.
Yikes! Asking $154pp and ~over 1,000 points already used out of this Aug 2023 UY.

We just closed on 200 direct VGF and are actively researching/dreaming about a resale contract for boardwalk primarily. Probably in the next 3-6 months but could be sooner. Would love some extra points for an Aulani trip for next year.

Yikes! Asking $154pp and ~900 points already used out of this Aug 2023 UY.
I guarantee whoever bought this contract wasn't one of us.. it sounds like someone who didn't really care to do their homework on this purchase with a lot of disposable income obviously if you can just flat out purchase a 1300 pt contract lol.

Edit: ALSO week 28 currently costs 965 for a GV at VGF for the week. This person bought their FW based on the original point charts which priced the summer higher and was originally 1174 for week 28 so the FW part of it is basically worthless now. If used it's basically an additional 33% in cost of points as opposed to the 10% it was originally intended to be
It just gets better! Who do I write the check to?

I guarantee whoever bought this contract wasn't one of us.. it sounds like someone who didn't really care to do their homework on this purchase with a lot of disposable income obviously if you can just flat out purchase a 1300 pt contract lol.
Yeah they can probably look back at us here and say, “Awww how cute, 50pt contracts.” 🤣

I tell you what, the broker that sells this one deserves every bit of that commission!
I mean.. props to the original guide who sold this one as well, a 1300 pt FW.. in the middle of summer.. in a bad use year for the fixed week.

Edit: ALSO week 28 currently costs 965 for a GV at VGF for the week. This person bought their FW based on the original point charts which priced the summer higher and was originally 1174 for week 28 so the FW part of it is basically worthless now. If used it's basically an additional 33% in cost of points as opposed to the 10% it was originally intended to be.
Thank goodness DVC lets FW deeds be used as regular points, otherwise that's a strong candidate for the worst contract ever sold.

(and I love the VGF GVs...)

I'm not sure what option to choose in the poll, kinda want an "It's complicated" option 😂

Here's basically where we're at:
  • We do an annual NYE stay. We really want an easy exit from EPCOT after midnight.
    • In prior years we've stayed at RIV and a Poly/BCV split stay, the latter is especially fantastic.
    • We have an upcoming NYE stay at the Poly, which we'll assess the leaving-EPCOT factor without a split stay. If it's a poor experience, we might be on the market for some BCV (or maybe BWV) points.
  • We're considering a semi-annual VGC + Aulani 'split stay'. We have all the VGC points we need but would ideally want AUL points if we do make this a permanent thing. Whether we go down this path will depend on how a 2024 AUL stay goes.
  • We do an annual spring stay. Right now we're targeting making this either a SSR Treehouse for the entire stay, or a split stay with a Poly2 1BR and a CCV Cabin/Bungalow. We have enough SAP points for the Treehouse stay, but Poly2 1BR might wow us while the Treehouse refurb underwhelms. If so, we'd need some SAP for Cabin/Bungalow and may need some Poly2 points, depending on the association.

Thank goodness DVC lets FW deeds be used as regular points, otherwise that's a strong candidate for the worst contract ever sold.

(and I love the VGF GVs...)

I'm not sure what option to choose in the poll, kinda want an "It's complicated" option 😂

Here's basically where we're at:
  • We do an annual NYE stay. We really want an easy exit from EPCOT after midnight.
    • In prior years we've stayed at RIV and a Poly/BCV split stay, the latter is especially fantastic.
    • We have an upcoming NYE stay at the Poly, which we'll assess the leaving-EPCOT factor without a split stay. If it's a poor experience, we might be on the market for some BCV (or maybe BWV) points.
  • We're considering a semi-annual VGC + Aulani 'split stay'. We have all the VGC points we need but would ideally want AUL points if we do make this a permanent thing. Whether we go down this path will depend on how a 2024 AUL stay goes.
  • We do an annual spring stay. Right now we're targeting making this either a SSR Treehouse for the entire stay, or a split stay with a Poly2 1BR and a CCV Cabin/Bungalow. We have enough SAP points for the Treehouse stay, but Poly2 1BR might wow us while the Treehouse refurb underwhelms. If so, we'd need some SAP for Cabin/Bungalow and may need some Poly2 points, depending on the association.
Even without the FW aspect being more annoying than anything since you can cancel the FW, I still think it's a strong candidate for one of the worst contracts ever sold. You spend probably 150k+ after incentives and don't bother to split the contract at bare minimum into 4 different contracts? Yeesh. I know the FW aspect precludes it from being split up but still.. idk..

Reactions: ehh
Even without the FW aspect being more annoying than anything since you can cancel the FW, I still think it's a strong candidate for one of the worst contracts ever sold. You spend probably 150k+ after incentives and don't bother to split the contract at bare minimum into 4 different contracts? Yeesh. I know the FW aspect precludes it from being split up but still.. idk..
At least VGF is generally tough to book, maybe its best redeeming quality is it's a lot of booking power at VGF.

Any FW Bungalow contracts out there?

At least VGF is generally tough to book, maybe its best redeeming quality is it's a lot of booking power at VGF.

Any FW Bungalow contracts out there?
True true, that's probably the one redeeming quality. I would love to see a bungalow FW during the summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter