Offshoot Add-on-itis Poll: Do you plan to add-on? And if so when?

Do you plan to add-on? If yes then when?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Genie+

You can never spend enough
It’s fun seeing everyone’s DVC journey. I was wondering how many of us have a certain plan regarding add-ons.

For us it seems we’ve settled in to a state of possibly. Wasn’t always that way. After our first contract there was a firm plan of no more than 1 add-on contract. Now that we’re at 2 contracts I’m really starting to understand the add-on-itis. I didn’t think that would affect us. It has! We’re watching Poly and might buy, but I have a feeling it won’t end there lol. Once the affliction takes hold it is a chronic condition.

I bought 4 contracts in the last year, so no plans to add-on again any time soon. The upcoming resorts may change that of course.

I finally found my Aulani subsidized contract so we are set so unless a small gcv contract in the 200 dollar range opens up, wishful thinking, then we are set for the next ten years 🎉
Direct points would be nice but the perks or loss of access to newer resorts aren’t that important to us. Not at the price point/price chart we will need to pay. Renting points ftw.

We have one contract (150 points) so strongly considering adding more next year... maybe Fort Wilderness or Poly, maybe resale - will depend on the price/incentives/etc.

We have 250 resale Poly points. We are considering adding 150 direct at PVB 2.0 if the price is right.

We've added-on several times over the years including one contract this year. I'm pretty sure we're all done, but if a stupid good deal came along, I wouldn't rule it out.

My original plan was 2024...but now that my DD is getting married in 2025, I won't do it until late 2025 or early 2026....so a few years from now at the soonest!!! Unless I hit the lottery and all bets are off!!!

No immediate plans since we just got more Riviera. I think we're done with resale from here on out though. I like the savings but I like knowing I have a healthy amount of points in my direct contracts to book a GV at Riviera and won't have to borrow to have almost a week in a GV. Only planning for 1 more contract in the relatively near future and that one will probably be 300 points at Poly broken up into multiple smaller ones because of the size and then MAYBE much further down the line 5-10 years later we'll consider Grand Californian and be done done. We just don't have a need for VGC compared to WDW points because both my partner and my home base is southern California.

Well, I thought we would be all set at 390 (200 BCV resale, 190 VGF direct) but then went and used some of the extra loaded pts from the resale contract and stayed at CCV. Sonofagun, it was beautiful and great location, so now I think we're going to pick up 100 resale there and then combo with the leftover points from BCV & VGF 1bd stays each year to do a third stay at CCV 1bd. We plan for 4-5 day "shortish" stays so that's enough points do pull it off.

I tend to be inpatient in general, so will hopefully early next year, but I worry ROFR returns and these resale prices tick back up if we wait too long.

I don’t need any more points, but I threw out an offer on a contract over the weekend. I had a nice follow up conversation with the listing agent where they said that they understood my rationale but that the seller was going to stick to trying to get top of the market pricing or they wouldn’t sell. I thanked them for taking the time to write back and that was that.

So, I put myself in the I am done… but I watch the DVC market… and I would make offers on certain contracts, but only if I can get them priced with a margin of safety….

Had waited what seemed like forever for VDH. So I think we have enough now. But never say never 🤣 I do love shiny new things 😜

Right!? If there’s another new resort I can’t say no to…. Especially at Disneyland. I don’t think VDH is the last one there.

As an east coaster I never thought we’d ever consider DL DVC. After we saw VDH - never say never 😁

I have one contract and no plans to add on. I’d consider Poly2 but only as a swap, and I suspect the points chart will be too rich regardless of whether it’s a new association or not.

I can see the amazing pull of addonitis, but my foolproof cure for it is budget. We don’t have too much vacation time/budget, and we like to visit other places in the US and abroad.

I live vicariously through these boards! And if DVC ever announced an association in the Rockies, I’d add on in an instant, direct (not happening, and shouldn’t happen I know!!).

I had no real intention to add on but here I am now waiting for ROFR on my 11th contract. 🤪 I think I need someone to stage an intervention for me. LOL
That’s great! I love it. Does this mean you voted the last option, at least 2 more in the future? 🤣

I have a direct VGF and resale AKL. Total 440 points. Looking to add on an Aulani contract sometime in the next 12 months as we are celebrating a big anniversary in 2025 and we'd like to go to Hawaii. Beyond that, we'll pick up one more contract when my husband retires so we can snowbird at Disney for eight weeks each winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter