Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Am I the only one incredibly excited for the themes? Kinda shocked at how much disappointment there is actually. Also thought it was obvious that Patriotic Mickey would be involved somehow since that was on the email sent out after registration.
The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that the kids races got Lion King.

I'm also a fan of the themes. Well, I'm kind of over Frozen in general, but we do have costumes from Princess the Frozen year so maybe we can repurpose them somehow. I love Americana Mickey and I love the 3 Caballeros. I do understand frustration over the 5K theme and location, but I guess I'm glad I decided not to run it! LOL!

Last edited:
I made ADRs on Friday. I was a little surprised I couldn't get a reservation at Cape May for our arrival night (10/30) and that Hollywood & Vine is closing early so they only have reservations through 5:30 the few days after Halloween. Besides that we did get everything we wanted. We chose dinner at CA Grill the next day vs. brunch afterwards.

I'm pretty excited about the themes. I love the Americana Mickey and the Three Caballeros and both remind me of food/drink for some reason. Frozen is kind of ehh but I guess since the movie is coming out that month they wanted to put it in there?

I tried to make some ADRs this morning too and wasn't seeing anything I had to try. We just got back from Disney last night so maybe that's clouding my judgement.

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place for these questions, but please redirect me if not! I am excited for my husband's first Disney race, the wine and dine half on Nov 3! He is a fast runner, and I need some help understanding how a Disney race goes so that I can plan for the rest of our family. My two main questions are: 1. How is the transportation after the race? We're staying at the polynesian that day. If he finishes like, around 7 am or before, how long will he wait for a bus back? Would he have to wait until 830? 900? For a monorail back? Is it difficult to get an uber/taxi/Lyft back? And 2. In the chance that he places in the top three, the award ceremony is at 830. How timely are the award ceremonies? If I don't buy chear squad, would I be able to see it?

Bus transportation runs back regularly after the race. He will not have to wait til later. Monorails won't run for the race itself , but will run as scheduled for normal Epcot hours, meaning if he did place, and stick around for the awards, he should be able to catch a regular Epcot monorail back. (They only do top finishers, not age group awards) This is the way it has been, but I suppose it could always change. You don't need cheer squad. There will be opportunities to see him at the finish.

I have a feeling barring the construction on World Drive 10k will be the same as last year/rival run was which was so dark and narrow and hilly

FWIW 2017 was my favorite course

There's no chance for the 10k. With the huge crowds for Star Wars there is no way we run through that for the 10k. It will he packed by 6am.

It's not even just about not going through DHS. It's the lack of running on the Boardwalk as well that bums me out.

Got all my ADRs made and even booked Wild Africa Trek for one day this trip. Less than 6 months away, getting so excited already!! A little nervous to do some things solo, but I know it will be so fun regardless. Now time to really get training after taking some time off running.

My first solo Run Disney was Princess Weekend and I loved it SO much and met so many great people that it's now become a tradition and to be honest... that solo trip was one of the best Disney vacations that I have ever been on! Don't be nervous; nobody is looking at you for being solo and you have the freedom to do whatever YOU want!!! Cast members are also super awesome when they find out you are solo so don't try and hide it; solo Disney is fabulous!!! :lovestruc

My first solo Run Disney was Princess Weekend and I loved it SO much and met so many great people that it's now become a tradition and to be honest... that solo trip was one of the best Disney vacations that I have ever been on! Don't be nervous; nobody is looking at you for being solo and you have the freedom to do whatever YOU want!!! Cast members are also super awesome when they find out you are solo so don't try and hide it; solo Disney is fabulous!!! :lovestruc
Thank you!! I've done a couple solo trips, but none of them for a race. Also doing table service dining and a tour for the first time solo. I usually just try and ride as much as I can and grab quick bites to eat when I've been solo in the past. Trying to slow this one down and do things I don't normally do for this trip.

Thank you!! I've done a couple solo trips, but none of them for a race. Also doing table service dining and a tour for the first time solo. I usually just try and ride as much as I can and grab quick bites to eat when I've been solo in the past. Trying to slow this one down and do things I don't normally do for this trip.

I highly recommend The Boathouse. When I went there (solo) the manager was so sweet and kept checking on me; then... totally comp'd my bill! She said she was proud of me for running all three races.

Now (because of her) The Boathouse is a must do on every Disney vacation.

The half marathon is available again. Click on one of the available events, like Kids Races, and you'll see the HM is open.

Does anyone know what the exact requirements are to get 'perfect' on your bib? I know that you have to do the same event for 5 years in a row; but does it have to be the same course(s) every year? For example: If some years I run all 3 races and others I only run the half marathon... would my 5th year still reflect 'perfect' on all bibs or just the distance that was consecutive 5 years without a break? :confused3

Does anyone know what the exact requirements are to get 'perfect' on your bib? I know that you have to do the same event for 5 years in a row; but does it have to be the same course(s) every year? For example: If some years I run all 3 races and others I only run the half marathon... would my 5th year still reflect 'perfect' on all bibs or just the distance that was consecutive 5 years without a break? :confused3
I may be wrong, but I believe you need to be perfect from the inaugural race. I have only missed the 2011 race, I have not had perfect on my bib.

Correct me if I'm wrong: To qualify for W&D, you would have to have ran all nine previous half marathons plus the one coming up. If you have missed any of the previous race weekends, you do not qualify. If you do not at least run the inaugural you don't have the chance at perfection.

If you have run all of the W&D Half Marathons, you get PERFECT on your bib. Whether or not you have chosen to do the 2-Course challenge doesn't matter.

There are less than 200 of us left....

Oct. 31st - Nov. 3rd, 2019

Registration opens March 19th, 2019

Who's going?!
Oct. 31st - Nov. 3rd, 2019

Registration opens March 19th, 2019

Who's going?!
So excited this is my 1st Disney Run. Lost over 80lbs and this was my goal:) Planned a 2 week vacation, purchased our 10K, and book our vacation rental. It’s been over 10 years since our family went to WDW. Following this thread for advice!

How soon is too soon to think about costuming? I have a vision I could not execute for Marathon weekend and think my odds are not higher now, but am I just going to torture myself making terrible looking tanks?

How soon is too soon to think about costuming? I have a vision I could not execute for Marathon weekend and think my odds are not higher now, but am I just going to torture myself making terrible looking tanks?
Never too soon. I left costumes up to my 8 yo and she did pretty well planning it out. Now we are just gathering what we need as we find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts