Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

At Disneyland? Oh I have doubts. Many many doubts. Overcrowding in carsland, miles and miles of unending Anaheim pavement for the Half, UGH. As I finished my second Star Wars half there, and was approaching the end, I thought "I will never do one of these again here" I was THAT miserable on the course
That is a REAL hot take and I disagree with you whole heartedly. Give me a Disneyland race over a WDW race any day.

Bummed I missed the meet up today! My family wanted to do Galaxys Edge and we got back later than planned from
studios.

we didn’t stop for any pictures as the lines were so long but I was impressed with some of the characters. My pre-race character photos haven’t shown up yet.

Last edited:
That is a REAL hot take and I disagree with you whole heartedly. Give me a Disneyland race over a WDW race any day.

Yep. From waking up and walking to the corrals from your hotel to the crowd support from local bands, cheerleaders and cos play groups on the course outside Disneyland to Anaheim’s superior weather. Too many reasons why them races were an awesome experience. I can’t think of a reason not to love DL races. Well except that onc Disneyland Half weekend where it was record heat ... 88 at 4am and 105 by 10. Worst time ever.

Yep. From waking up and walking to the corrals from your hotel to the crowd support from local bands, cheerleaders and cos play groups on the course outside Disneyland to Anaheim’s superior weather. Too many reasons why them races were an awesome experience. I can’t think of a reason not to love DL races. Well except that onc Disneyland Half weekend where it was record heat ... 88 at 4am and 105 by 10. Worst time ever.

The later wake up time alone is enough to give DL the edge in my book.

Gotta love booking CBR for the convenience of Skyliner only for the EPCOT line to be down when you need it. Now waiting on Minnie Van for a trip to Boardwalk...
Worse yet- being stuck up there for 45 minutes on Friday. My parents were happy to be in a car with a woman who fed and diapered her infant instead of with my kids!

So given how perfect the weather has been this weekend... I decided to just run and try to PR both 10k and half. Decided that while I'd regret not getting character photos, I'd regret passing up the opportunity to PR more.

And... I got my best ever times for both! Under 1:10 for the 10k and under 2:40 for the half. The half was a PR by almost 20 minutes so I am very, very happy.

Heading to California Grill for brunch later, where I'm going to eat all the calories!

So given how perfect the weather has been this weekend... I decided to just run and try to PR both 10k and half. Decided that while I'd regret not getting character photos, I'd regret passing up the opportunity to PR more.

And... I got my best ever times for both! Under 1:10 for the 10k and under 2:40 for the half. The half was a PR by almost 20 minutes so I am very, very happy.

Heading to California Grill for brunch later, where I'm going to eat all the calories!

Congrats
Best RunDisney weekend ever

PR!! By 10 minutes, finally made A corral! 1:49:23

View attachment 449852

Awesome!!! Way to go!!!

I was definitely feeling the fatigue this morning after about 3 or so miles, so I slowed down and stopped for all the characters with 0-3 people in line (Pluto, Donald, Beast, Edna Mode, Big Bad Wolf, Daisy, Dopey, and I thought it was Br’er Fox and a Bear?? - but not Br’er Bear, now I’m not sure who they were...). I guess running a 50k last week and then walking around DC and the parks all day every day for the past week, plus the 5k, will do that to me... 😂

Last edited:

Congratulations!! Brenda and I enjoyed talking with you at the meet-up yesterday. Have a great rest of your trip and a safe flight home.

Sorry I missed this group at the meetup. Came back to Beach Club after lunch at ESPN and lay down to rest for a few minutes and woke up two hours later!!! That’s what happens when you are old and get up at 2:30 several mornings!
Anyway, congratulations to all on the great racing this week.See you in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter