Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I've tried signing up for this race twice now and both times I've found out I was pregnant that same week. Lol. I can't decide if I want to try and make 2017 my first half or if I want to stay home and go for the route 66 half marathon instead as my first one.

Guess my deciding factor will be if I have the extra cash when registration opens next month.

The real question seems to be if you'd like another child! :)

If you haven't run this race yet, it's a fun time! but local is always good! (and much cheaper!)

Brian

Just picked up an annual pass, it won't be activated till we visit in November. How does early registration work?

My husband will be doing the challenge again. I'm going to do just the 10K.

Just picked up an annual pass, it won't be activated till we visit in November. How does early registration work?

I think you're fine to do the early Registration since it will be active prior to race day. A quick email to rD can confirm it.

Right or wrong, anyone can use the early link .... I've read that rD 'can' cancel Registrations of those who use the link without the annual passes, but I have knowledge it that's truth, fiction or somewhere in the middle.

Brian

Newbie to this - we are AP Holders and DVC Members, and we will want to use early registration - I assume I need to be online right when it opens? Do I have a good chance getting registered for 10K and 5K if I use early registration? Also, I heard everyone needs to register individually, so I cannot do 2 people at once? Thanks!

Newbie to this - we are AP Holders and DVC Members, and we will want to use early registration - I assume I need to be online right when it opens? Do I have a good chance getting registered for 10K and 5K if I use early registration? Also, I heard everyone needs to register individually, so I cannot do 2 people at once? Thanks!
You should be fine, stuff hasn't been selling out crazy fast anymore but who know with this one. Yes, each person will have a separate registration for each race. So if 2 people are doing 2 races each, you'll have 4 registrations. Make sure each person has their active account setup beforehand too.

I think you're fine to do the early Registration since it will be active prior to race day. A quick email to rD can confirm it.

Right or wrong, anyone can use the early link .... I've read that rD 'can' cancel Registrations of those who use the link without the annual passes, but I have knowledge it that's truth, fiction or somewhere in the middle.

Brian
I did email RunDisney and was told it needs to be active at time of registration. They don't check anything at race day so it can expire before the race, it's only needed for registration time. I've read of people saying they had theirs canceled when using early registration without an active AP or DVC, so hopefully they really do check so people don't cheat the system.

You should be fine, stuff hasn't been selling out crazy fast anymore but who know with this one. Yes, each person will have a separate registration for each race. So if 2 people are doing 2 races each, you'll have 4 registrations. Make sure each person has their active account setup beforehand too.
Thanks for clarifying - so to be safe me and my boyfriend should both go online and register at the same time so we don't risk only one of us getting in? I hope it works out. :D

Thanks for clarifying - so to be safe me and my boyfriend should both go online and register at the same time so we don't risk only one of us getting in? I hope it works out. :D
Yes, I would both go on at the same time to be safe. Luckily, if you can't get something during early registration you can do those during regular registration.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but did you notice the 5k is now called "The Fall Feast" and the location is "WDW resort"
Was that the same descriptor last year?

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but did you notice the 5k is now called "The Fall Feast" and the location is "WDW resort"

That is not but it makes sense to go with the theme for the weekend for them to change the 5K.

Interesting! My parents are planning on it, hopefully it's still at AK or MK would be cool just so it's different than the Epcot 5k.

And It's just Disney Two Course Challenge, no Lumiere mentioned or start/end points listed.

Only the 10k has start/end listed as EPCOT. So 5k & Half are up in the works it seems.

Last edited:
It will be interesting if they change the Wine & Dine course again in 2017. At the moment we're booked at AKV for the trip but we may end up changing depending on start/stops and costs. As it doesn't seem our request to buy points at the Boardwalk is going to be filled before the 7 Month mark, we may end up doing the Swan/Dolphin again! It was a nice location for the races, even if they do lack a tub in their renovated rooms.

It will be interesting if they change the Wine & Dine course again in 2017. At the moment we're booked at AKV for the trip but we may end up changing depending on start/stops and costs. As it doesn't seem our request to buy points at the Boardwalk is going to be filled before the 7 Month mark, we may end up doing the Swan/Dolphin again! It was a nice location for the races, even if they do lack a tub in their renovated rooms.
We are at WL for this trip. The overplanner in me wants to know all route info pre-registration. But I do like surprises too. Ugh!

Interesting about the 5K. It was the Jingle Jungle 5K until this year when it was Mickey's Holiday 5K...Animal Kingdom Course.

I agree that it'll likely move to Epcot. No more Christmas in November! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter