Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do you all get to the Expo?

The only race I've done was The Dark Side in 2016 and we were staying at BLT. When I asked at the desk they told me there were no busses to the expo so we ended up taking a cab and paying like $25. When we got there, we realized there were busses there :mad: and we took one home.

This time we are staying at The Poly. Are there busses there, or is it easier to go to the TTC?

Thanks!

The only race I've done was The Dark Side in 2016 and we were staying at BLT. When I asked at the desk they told me there were no busses to the expo so we ended up taking a cab and paying like $25. When we got there, we realized there were busses there :mad: and we took one home.

This time we are staying at The Poly. Are there busses there, or is it easier to go to the TTC?

Thanks!
Yes there are busses at Poly. We stayed there last year. They are Right outside the main enterance. Lots of signs and people helping but you can't miss them. They stop at GF and shades of green too.

Yes, I’d like to see everyone answers since this will be my first runDisney events... But I’ll try: From what I have read and since the theme is Epcot: The fab five at start and/or finish, Mary Poppins or Alice and the MadHatter (England), Pinocchio (Italy), Rémi (France), B’rear Fox or the Jamboree Bears (USA) and maybe the 3 Caballeros (Mexico)? Of course, if this takes a princess tangent, my answers will be different!

This is my first, too. I am hoping to see Tourist Genie. I thought I saw that he was at a previous W&D 1/2.
Since this is my first 1/2, I am torn between getting a good time and getting a good photo op!

This is my first, too. I am hoping to see Tourist Genie. I thought I saw that he was at a previous W&D 1/2.
Since this is my first 1/2, I am torn between getting a good time and getting a good photo op!

Unless you need this to be a good time for a future race, you can get good times at another race, enjoy this one for what is unique about it. We all know it costs enough....

Thanks!
I see your question has been answered, but for future reference - as of right now, for all runDisney races at WDW, ALL on-property resorts have buses that go to/from the expo and the races. Even the Swan and Dolphin have them, as well as Shades of Green. Sorry the CM gave you such bad info!

And it has champagne too

Now we're talking! :woohoo: No mimosas, bellinis, or martini/wine slushes?

My sister & I didn't stop for any pics at last year's W&D, so I can't really remember who all was out. We did get Lumiere before the 10K and Chef Mickey & Minnie before the Half. Tourist Genie was the only one I really regretted not getting during the race, so I had to stop when we saw him at this year's PHM. I hope we get some good characters because I want to stop for them this time. :goodvibes

Slogged my way through ~12miles this morning :snail: and got my party ticket today.

So, is this cart only for the half? I might have to meet DH at the end of his half run instead of sleeping in:drinking1

Unless they’ve changed, yes, only the half.

Same ‘collectible’ cup from the expo too .. so some skilled multitasking can save you a buck a beer later.

Our Party tickets came today. Yayy!

In other news my Wife rolled/turned/sprained her ankle on a training run today. Boooo... It swelled up something god awful. Did the whole Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate; after about 11 hours she was still unable to put much weight on it and in tear inducing pain. Released the bandage to shower and think about a trip to the ER. Might have had the bandage on too tight as taking it off the pain subsided. Still elevating and icing, we'll see what the evening brings us.

Any medical thoughts? Did the whole search the internet thing, but stories always help. I've read 'no refund, no deferral' think we might have any luck if she's unable to run the Half?

Our Party tickets came today. Yayy!

In other news my Wife rolled/turned/sprained her ankle on a training run today. Boooo... It swelled up something god awful. Did the whole Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate; after about 11 hours she was still unable to put much weight on it and in tear inducing pain. Released the bandage to shower and think about a trip to the ER. Might have had the bandage on too tight as taking it off the pain subsided. Still elevating and icing, we'll see what the evening brings us.

Any medical thoughts? Did the whole search the internet thing, but stories always help. I've read 'no refund, no deferral' think we might have any luck if she's unable to run the Half?

As someone who has hurt her ankle many times including shortly befor races - there will be no deferrals.

I would rest it and keep compression on it. CEP makes an excellent stabilizer brace that's medical grade which could help her during the race but she would need to take it slow. If sh starts - hopefully she will be ok with not finishing and listening to her body

Yes there are busses at Poly. We stayed there last year. They are Right outside the main enterance. Lots of signs and people helping but you can't miss them. They stop at GF and shades of green too.

Good to know, thanks!

I see your question has been answered, but for future reference - as of right now, for all runDisney races at WDW, ALL on-property resorts have buses that go to/from the expo and the races. Even the Swan and Dolphin have them, as well as Shades of Green. Sorry the CM gave you such bad info!

Lesson learned! Thanks!

I'm feeling a bit silly asking this here, but you all will be able to give me fairly accurate info. My dd's and I are 'running' the 5K. I was hoping to run more of it than I have in the past, but dd has just had a hip issue flare up, so it looks like we'll all be hanging back, together. Dd is more than a bit concerned about being able to finish with just walking, at a normal pace. But, she also wanted to stop and see some characters along the way. She is worried about being swept. I have no idea how it works since I've always finished in the middle of the pack.
So, I know they say to maintain a 16 min mile, but I know that there had to be a ton of people behind me that didn't come close to doing that. So, if we just walk, are we in danger of being swept? Thanks guys.

I'm feeling a bit silly asking this here, but you all will be able to give me fairly accurate info. My dd's and I are 'running' the 5K. I was hoping to run more of it than I have in the past, but dd has just had a hip issue flare up, so it looks like we'll all be hanging back, together. Dd is more than a bit concerned about being able to finish with just walking, at a normal pace. But, she also wanted to stop and see some characters along the way. She is worried about being swept. I have no idea how it works since I've always finished in the middle of the pack.
So, I know they say to maintain a 16 min mile, but I know that there had to be a ton of people behind me that didn't come close to doing that. So, if we just walk, are we in danger of being swept? Thanks guys.

Where are you starting? The sweep clock doesn’t start until the last person crosses the start line. So if you start in an earlier corral or even get to the front of the first last that will give you some cushion. I would guess it’s going to be hard to do much with character stops because of the lines though. But yes I think a lot of people walk the 5k and don’t get swept.

Thanks!
I would just add that while there is ample transportation to the resorts, you can't go directly to a park from the EXPO. For people not wanting to drop their goodies off, you can take a bus to the closest resort to the park you want to go to or plan on Uber/Minnie Van.

I was meeting my group at Disney Springs last year after the expo and I took the resort bus to Saratoga Springs and hoofed it over. (I wouldn't recommend this, pay the $10-$12) Just know you have access to all the expo busses, they don't check to make sure you are staying at that particular one.

I've walked an entire 5k, including stopping for a picture and didn't come close to being swept. I wouldn't worry.

No sweepers or official time in the 5Ks!

I was a sweep monitor for this exact race last year ... y’all will be fine! In the event that runners fall significantly behind, there are carts that will move you up on the course as AK has to be cleared so CMs can begin work for park opening. Everyone in the 5K will have a chance to cross the finish line unless they are too injured to go on.

Loaded the Party Tickets into our MDE and assigned each to its proper person. Think we still need to bring the physical card? Not the end of the world if we need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter