Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Loaded the Party Tickets into our MDE and assigned each to its proper person. Think we still need to bring the physical card? Not the end of the world if we need to.
It did say you needed to get a wristband. Don't know if they can just scan your MB for that, or if they need the card. Card may be easiest if you can remember to bring it, which is usually our problem...

Am I able to take the bus to the start line with my DH and then take a bus to the finish line? This would be for both the 10K and the Half.

Loaded the Party Tickets into our MDE and assigned each to its proper person. Think we still need to bring the physical card? Not the end of the world if we need to.
Last year they scanned our card & we got a wristband. I would think they could scan your magic band & see the ticket though, but I would probably still bring the cards as backup just in case.

Am I able to take the bus to the start line with my DH and then take a bus to the finish line? This would be for both the 10K and the Half.
Yep, you can take the bus to the start with him. Then yes you can take the bus to the finish as they have buses running between MK & EPCOT at these times it says--
(10k times 3:30 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. Buses running between Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park & half times 3:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. Buses running between Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park)

This might be a stupid question... seeing where the start is for the 10K and half (MK Mulan parking lot), can we just walk from the Poly??

This might be a stupid question... seeing where the start is for the 10K and half (MK Mulan parking lot), can we just walk from the Poly??

You could for Dark Side. Should be a map at the Poly but I think you still had to walk over to the TTC. There was picture of the map in the Dark Side thread but it's dropped now.

Can we officially start praying for cooler temps???? I'll take just a few degrees cooler than the forecast. (say, 60* - although 50 would be ideal - HA!) I'm already going to be going slow this race. Come on mother nature!

How was everyone's training weekend? I managed to do 3.5 and finally at a normal pace! I still don't have all the logistics of the trip figured out for me but I sure am getting excited!

Temps are dipping to high 50's low 60's overnight middle of this week and looking at the 10 day forecast low 50's early next week, fingers crossed this holds and we get nice cool temps for race weekend.
Did last long run this weekend, 1:45 which equated to 9 miles at a slow pace. This down from my peak two weeks ago at 2:30 and 11.5 miles. My training plan is more about time on feet than distance and I am now on on my taper with a one hour slow run this weekend with shorter faster paces midweek.

This is my first half and looking forward to completing in around 2:15

I am definitely weather-stalking. I'm even keeping an eye on the NOAA hurricane website!! Knock on wood.

I did my last long run combo this weekend and it went well! I ended up doing the full 14 mile distance per the Galloway plan, because I felt good and the weather was ideal. I usually run on a woodsy trail and running through the fall foliage was just gorgeous. I feel prepared! I have no time goal whatsoever, I'm just hoping to stay injury-free and have a good time. And have some champagne at the finish.

The training is mainly done, most of the trip is paid for, so now is the fun part!! I like the last few days/weeks right before a trip, the anticipation is part of the fun. But I have a hard time concentrating at work (hence I am here posting instead of getting my work done...)!

I had a decent 13 mile run yesterday with a mile and a half cooldown walk. I feel pretty good about the half now, it may not be the fastest I have done but it will be good. Happy to be tapering though! Haha. I am so ready to go on this vacation, 10 days and counting!

I had a goal of doing 11-14 miles Friday after a confidence boosting 5 miler Thursday. I got started a little later in the morning than I wanted so I called it at 9.16. Nothing was wrong, felt okay, but I was bored and my mind was racing with all the things I had to get done. I woke up Saturday very sore though! We ran a Puppy Trot 1 Mile race with our dogs in the afternoon, and it seemed I just needed to jog out the soreness because I felt great after. Just did a quick 3 miles after moving furniture all morning so I am tired! But just got the mail and we got our party tickets! Huge relief since we leave next Monday!

How was everyone's training weekend? I managed to do 3.5 and finally at a normal pace! I still don't have all the logistics of the trip figured out for me but I sure am getting excited!

Sounds like some good training runs this weekend. :) Ten on Saturday, fourteen on Sunday for me. Not training for the Wine & Dine in particular but I might cut it back for the next couple weeks and try to get the legs rested for a 10k PR try.

I was supposed to do my last long run (10mi) yesterday, but punked out on it, so I went out for 6 miles this morning. Came back with my fastest 10K time EVER, so I'm actually kinda proud of that, especially since I wasn't even trying. I was just running to run. (Cue Forrest Gump's "I just felt like running" lol). I still have this upcoming weekend to go, which I have a 10K on Saturday, so I might go out for 9 or 10 miles on Sunday so I can get a back-to-back in before race weekend.

Oh, and I've already started packing. I'm anxious!

Yes, I’d like to see everyone answers since this will be my first runDisney events... But I’ll try: From what I have read and since the theme is Epcot: The fab five at start and/or finish, Mary Poppins or Alice and the MadHatter (England), Pinocchio (Italy), Rémi (France), B’rear Fox or the Jamboree Bears (USA) and maybe the 3 Caballeros (Mexico)? Of course, if this takes a princess tangent, my answers will be different!
I am hoping Jiminy is with Pinocchio again... they were for the Dopey (cannot remember which one) and my fav character was Jiminy but the photographer provided me VERY blurry photos... so I need a redo!! I assume Remi but want Colette with Alfredo too..

I have a hard time keeping track of which characters were out for which race (#FirstWorldRunDisneyProblems), but last year, during the party Remi and Emile were in France and Pinocchio and Gepeto were in Italy (at the end of the night there was nobody else there so we giggled and danced and acted like we all just became real boys...) and Snow White was in Germany with <brain fart> Prince Charming? Dopey?

Just got my DME luggage tags in the mail as well as a package with ESPN Entrance Vouchers. Do I need these Vouchers to get in the Expo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter