Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Correct. It has to be a valid, activated annual pass.
Thanks! Shoot, though. We are also DVC, but I've found that route trickier in the past.

I could swear I've booked via DVC route for my sister even though she isn't a DVC owner...?? Anyone know if that's possible??

ETA: sister lives with us, and as such has been eligible for the discounted AP perk with DVC as a member of our household. Just not sure whether race registration perk works the same way as AP perk for DVC owners. We always follow the rules. Calling DVC to find out for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks! Shoot, though. We are also DVC, but I've found that route trickier in the past.

I could swear I've booked via DVC route for my sister even though she isn't a DVC owner...?? Anyone know if that's possible??
Is it possible? Maybe, but in my opinion it's not right.

Again, just my opinion, but I think these perks are really only supposed to be for people that live at the same address as the owner of the AP or DVC contract. It's such a small number of spots available for early registration...it's really unfortunate that the system gets abused. :confused3

Hi everyone I usually lurk on the boards but finally made an account because I have a few questions. This is my first big RunDisney race, so I am extremely nervous for sign up day! Two questions, and the first is probably dumb, and I probably know the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

First, if my mom is an AP can she register during early registration for me, or would I also have to be an AP?

And second, just how fast does this sell out? Is it Beyoncè concert fast, or as long as you are there right at noon you should be guaranteed a spot? I just don't want to plan a trip around this now and then not be able to register.

Thanks!
If you are able to get registered through AP or DVC before it opens up to the public, you should be fine. Once it opens up, it sells out in, what, 20 minutes? Something like that.

As far as getting through via your mom's AP... I'm not entirely sure. I've heard both. I say give it a try, and if it DOESN'T work, I would recommend going through one of the partner travel agents to get your bib. (I used Acclaim for both Star Wars. Really nice folks.) You pay a little extra but you skip the hassle of the opening day registration. But do try the day early registration opens so you'll have time to get in with the agents.

Is it possible? Maybe, but in my opinion it's not right.

Again, just my opinion, but I think these perks are really only supposed to be for people that live at the same address as the owner of the AP or DVC contract. It's such a small number of spots available for early registration...it's really unfortunate that the system gets abused. :confused3
She actually does live with us. :) She's just not a DVC owner herself -- my husband and I are.

She actually does live with us. :) She's just not a DVC owner herself -- my husband and I are.
Is she eligible for other DVC perks (i.e. the discounted Annual Pass)? I guess I'd look at stuff like that and take my answer from there, or call and ask.

Is she eligible for other DVC perks (i.e. the discounted Annual Pass)? I guess I'd look at stuff like that and take my answer from there, or call and ask.
Yes, she is as a member of our household and is granted the AP discount. I suppose it may be the same with this -- I'll call to verify.

For the tens of thousands of dollars we own in DVC points at two resorts, I certainly don't feel bad getting early registration for a family member who lives with me. :)

Yes, she is as a member of our household and is granted the AP discount. I suppose it may be the same with this -- I'll call to verify.

For the tens of thousands of dollars we own in DVC points at two resorts, I certainly don't feel bad getting early registration for a family member who lives with me. :)
Okay. I was asking because I didn't know (I'm not DVC) - wasn't sure if it was different for adults vs. minors. If she gets other perks like that then it seems like this would count too, but I'd call and ask to make sure. :confused3

Okay? I was asking because I didn't know (I'm not DVC) - wasn't sure if it was different for adults vs. minors. If she gets other perks like that then it seems like this would count too, but I'd call and ask to make sure. :confused3
You suggested in your earlier post that this may be an abuse of the system with so few spots. I'm a rule follower -- wouldn't do that -- so the suggestion seemed a bit harsh.

In any case, I'm calling to confirm. :)

You suggested in your earlier post that this may be an abuse of the system with so few spots. I'm a rule follower -- wouldn't do that -- so the suggestion seemed a bit harsh.

In any case, I'm calling to confirm. :)
This is the last post I'm going to make on this subject, but how was I to know that your sister lives with you? You didn't say that. I (incorrectly) assumed she didn't, which is why I said what I said.

Am I correct that AP exchange certs/vouchers CANNOT be used for early registration?
Yes that's correct. My husband and I bought Annual passes last week, but they have to be "activated" onsite first. Until then, they are not valid for early registration. Their reason being that until "activated" by you, they can still be transferred to someone else. They don't want you to sign up for the race and then transfer the pass to someone else's name. It has to be locked in for you only -- pass and race registration. Hope that makes sense! I called and asked a few times!! Unfortunate :badpc:

ok so here is my totally unsubstantiated theory as to what is happening with wine and dine Based on the evidence we have seen:

1) there will be a 5k Thursday morning , a 10k Friday night and a half Saturday night. this is evidenced in having the expo start Wednesday. no reason to do so unless there is a Thursday race.

2) the addition of a night time 10k would ideally add capacity to the weekend and take load off the half. as a lot of people who would want to do the half would rather do the 10k. they just want the after party and medal. and a 10k is much less daunting.

3) and I don't like this conclusion but in order to make the 10k something people want to do that weekend it will either need its own after party (which would be awesome I love this idea challenge and 2 parties) or more likely the 10k finishers can enter the half party just like the non runners (more likely but less appealing to me personally). this allows rundisney to offset the cost of the party by increasing attendance but it decreases the enjoyment of the party by the half runners who will get there later and encounter lines. this will further reduce demand for the half while still making Disney more money via the 10k. additionally expect the 5k to include admission to the party with a commensurate increase in price.
I truly hope they do not move the 5k to Thursday. The race weekend has always said 11/4-11/5 and many people (including us) made plans around that date with the understanding that the 5k would be one of those days.

I truly hope they do not move the 5k to Thursday. The race weekend has always said 11/4-11/5 and many people (including us) made plans around that date with the understanding that the 5k would be one of those days.
ITA -- that would be pretty bad for us out-of-towners who planned around this. I wouldn't assume that they WOULDN'T do it for this reason, unfortunately. I'm one of the people who had a SWW trip booked based on the timing that event had been held for years, and that "coming summer 2016!" still appeared on their website (same thing it said the year prior). And then they just cancelled the entire event. So I guess I wouldn't put it past them... right up until early registration opens. :-/

I just realized they do not have info listed for the finish line party either. I was so focused on the rest I overlooked that part. If the half marathon was set, why wouldn't they at least have a date for the party?

I understand. The RunDisney only shows 2015.
I'm sure in the end, it will all be fine. (If dates for a run were the worst of my problems, then that is a pretty calm life!)

Last edited:
I'm following along. I am hoping to do either the Wine and Dine or the 1/2 in January. I can't decide which to shoot for but I think I will try to sign up for Wine and Dine. I really wish they would release some info so people can book flights and make travel arrangements.

I am very nervous about doing a night race. I did the TOT 10miler and had a horrible time but that was mostly do to heat and the fact that I had just gotten off a cruise the day before. I would prefer the half in january since it's in the morning but traveling in Nov is much better for me and the family.

Sorry.. starting to ramble. Fingers crossed we get some details soon.

it still says exclusive finish party at food and wine festival. they would be stupid to cancel that part. in fact based on the success of it I'm surprised they don't do evening parties like that at Epcot most weekends and charge for tickets.

I'll just tell you flat out that I did register my cousin's Princess 5K under our DVC account and it was fine.

I'll also tell you that I was nervous as anything that it would be cancelled.

It was not.

But it wasn't worth the nervousness.

If she has me register her for Princess 2017 I'll register my races during pre-reg then do hers during normal.

I will also tell you that if I had called to ask, the CM would have likely said it wouldn't be possible to DO nor would it be allowed. But it was possible to do, and it wasn't cancelled.

And also not worth the worry. :)

It does seem silly to bother updating the 2016 date (to show Nov 4 and 5, 2016) if that was up in the air still. They've left other dates omitted or as last year's date which would indicate to me that they are not sure yet about them. Seems to reason that if they updated the date and time for the half that they had decided on it. I surely hope so at least bc we too have started making plans, hotel reservation, days off of work and school etc. Glad we didn't buy our plane tickets yet....it was tempting too as there were good prices on THE EXACT flights we'll be wanting...but I waited......still waiting.......and more waiting....and 2 more weeks of .....waiting! :)

I'll just tell you flat out that I did register my cousin's Princess 5K under our DVC account and it was fine.

I'll also tell you that I was nervous as anything that it would be cancelled.

It was not.

But it wasn't worth the nervousness.

If she has me register her for Princess 2017 I'll register my races during pre-reg then do hers during normal.

I will also tell you that if I had called to ask, the CM would have likely said it wouldn't be possible to DO nor would it be allowed. But it was possible to do, and it wasn't cancelled.

And also not worth the worry. :)
I hear what you're saying! I'd have no intention of doing it if it's not allowed though. :) She lives with us and has always gotten the AP discount afforded us by DVC as a member of our household, but if the same doesn't apply for races, we won't do it! I meant to call today to verify and got sidetracked. I'll check with them before registration date. :)

In the past, I honestly can't remember if we've all used our APs or the DVC discount -- I think it was APs. The websites have so often been such a mess, that I'd start out using one link, try the other, etc. I THINK it was the AP link that was always more reliable. The only reason it's an issue at all is that we are in between APs and just have vouchers at the moment.

And in any case, for Dark Side we ended up using a travel agent rather than go through the insanity -- may well do that this time!! Just want to know what all our options are. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter