Official "Who's going to WDW & when in '06" thread

Ok... I was just going back over the 2006 calendar and trying to figure out the plans so I can call next week and book ressies. I've also emailed the boss to make sure she doesn't have any problem with me going during these times (I'm sure she won't). So, here goes:

03/26/06 to 03/31/06 -> BWV (already booked)
03/31/06 to 04/06/06 -> POR (already booked)
10/08/06 to 10/13/06 -> OKW
10/13/06 to 10/15/06 -> AKL (if we stay the weekend & get good AP rate)
12/31/06 to 01/05/07 -> SSR (might switch to VWL, BWV, BCV or OKW)

20-22 days at WDW on 1 AP... that's not bad, right?

vascubaguy said:
Ok... I was just going back over the 2006 calendar and trying to figure out the plans so I can call next week and book ressies. I've also emailed the boss to make sure she doesn't have any problem with me going during these times (I'm sure she won't). So, here goes:

03/26/06 to 03/31/06 -> BWV (already booked)
03/31/06 to 04/06/06 -> POR (already booked)
10/08/06 to 10/13/06 -> OKW
10/13/06 to 10/15/06 -> AKL (if we stay the weekend & get good AP rate)
12/31/06 to 01/05/07 -> SSR (might switch to VWL, BWV, BCV or OKW)

20-22 days at WDW on 1 AP... that's not bad, right?

You're really working that AP for all it's worth. The other half surprised me today when he said, "You mean we have to wait nearly a year before we go to Disney again?"

I'm trying to figure out whether we should go down for a short trip sometime between now and our cruise/mega trip in December. The only bad thing is it sort of leaves the warmer months which is not our favorite time of year and sort of high point wise.

Late April & early May shouldn't be too bad....

I figure we might as well go as much as possible this year since we have the AP's. After the December trip, it will probably be several months before we go back (probably Oct 2007).

Just made ressies this week! Going to be there Dec 02-09, my partner, myself, and we are taking another couple, one has never been, and the other hasn't been since the 80's so it should be fun.

BobNed and Janner we'll be down the same time as you! Iankh.. just going to miss you.. you'll be on your cruise (I jealous!!).

At the moment we have ressies for BCV, but want to switch to VWL or SSR at the 7month window. To bad I can't switch w/ u Iankh, but not only will you be on your cruise (yea.. I'm still jealous!)... we are getting a 2 bedroom (and killing all my points for this year and most of next! - my friends better have a good time!!)

I just can't believe I have to wait until Dec!!! Anyone going sooner have a suitcase I can fit in? I'm small. :-)

StormTigger said:
I just can't believe I have to wait until Dec!!! Anyone going sooner have a suitcase I can fit in? I'm small. :-)

Come on and hop in my suitcase, Stormtigger. I'll be there in 7 weeks! Unfortunately, you'll have to travel to Illinois to be able to hop in....but I am a light packer so there should be room. :teeth:

StormTigger said:
Just made ressies this week! Going to be there Dec 02-09, my partner, myself, and we are taking another couple, one has never been, and the other hasn't been since the 80's so it should be fun.

BobNed and Janner we'll be down the same time as you! Iankh.. just going to miss you.. you'll be on your cruise (I jealous!!).

At the moment we have ressies for BCV, but want to switch to VWL or SSR at the 7month window. To bad I can't switch w/ u Iankh, but not only will you be on your cruise (yea.. I'm still jealous!)... we are getting a 2 bedroom (and killing all my points for this year and most of next! - my friends better have a good time!!)

StormTigger,

You and I should talk about doing a ressie swap. Since VWL is my home resort and we would like to stay at BCV or BWV for our december trip. I'm considering a 2 bedroom too. PM me and let's see if we can help each other out.

I just got back yesterday from WDW, no more Disney trips for me this year. :(

I began the day by day booking process today. So far so good in getting our 1 bedroom at VWL in December. I think by the end of the week I will have the entire booking completed.

i'll be heading to the world on the 22nd of august for two weeks!
it's my 6th time and my DB 1st - and 1st to america!! how cool is that also it's his birthday on the 26th of August so i'd better get planning!!!

David
So too busy to be on the Disboards

DavidUK said:
i'll be heading to the world on the 22nd of august for two weeks!
it's my 6th time and my DB 1st - and 1st to america!! how cool is that also it's his birthday on the 26th of August so i'd better get planning!!!

David
So too busy to be on the Disboards

Hey, David, our trips will overlap. We'll be down 8/25-9/2. Let us know if you'd like to meet up at Rose and Crown - this board's favorite meeting place for a pint (or two!).

Sounds like a good idea!! although why do you guys have to pick the UK to meet!! hehe!

DavidUK said:
Sounds like a good idea!! although why do you guys have to pick the UK to meet!! hehe!

Oooh, do you guys dislike it as much as our best British bud? Still, the drinks are good and the view from the patio stunning!

i don't hate it!! it's fine! - just wish the UK pavilion went a little more into British culture than shakespeare, the beatles and larger! But oh well it's alright and i agree the patio is lovely!

Dx

As my signature proudly proclaims... I'll be there for 4 days/3 nights next month! :) Feb. 13-16! My fiance surprised 2 days ago me with this Valentine's trip to the resort of my dreams, the one I've been fanatic over for years but we could never afford... AKL. :love: I can't WAIT!!

Elevationist said:
As my signature proudly proclaims... I'll be there for 4 days/3 nights next month! :) Feb. 13-16! My fiance surprised 2 days ago me with this Valentine's trip to the resort of my dreams, the one I've been fanatic over for years but coupld never afford... AKL. :love: I can't WAIT!!

We've only stayed at AKL one night mind you, but we adored it! Have a magical time!

Viki said:
We've only stayed at AKL one night mind you, but we adored it! Have a magical time!

Aww, thanks for the well-wishes! I tell ya, the next 24 days are gonna just draaaaag by. LOL

And same to you... 20 years, wow! Congrats! That's incredibly special. I'm sure that AKL will be an amazing setting for such an event!

Elevationist said:
And same to you... 20 years, wow! Congrats! That's incredibly special. I'm sure that AKL will be an amazing setting for such an event!

Time has flown! And it still keeps getting better and better! Have a great trip!

We are going to WDW this thursday Jan. 26 thru to 31. Staying at the Grand Floridian! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It’s so nice to see this forum! I’ve been reading on the DIS for many years, but don’t post too often.

My partner and I are going for a quick trip this weekend, leaving the 27th and staying for the weekend. It’s great to live as close as we do! Makes it easy for a quick weekend getaway! For the last few years we’ve talked about DVC and this trip we are going to stay at the Boardwalk Villa’s and see what we think.

Now that we have a home here on the DIS I hope to be posting more. I feel like I know many of you already from reading your posts! There is a great group of people here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter