***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

And of course we have DHS planned for April 9th. I'm super bummed. We arrive at WDW on the 8th but were planning on MK this day since we have HEA that evening. I'm wondering if I should change DHS to the 8th instead, so we can make a FP for TSMM?
If TSMM is very important to you then I probably would.

I’m not so sure. TSMM is still operational and has been opened since 2008? Keeping it open and having the new entrance would mean fully operational and keeping the capacity in DHS up. They don’t have a lot of capacity in DHS to begin with. Keeping TSMM under full capacity only hurts.

I doubt they will let the general public into the land before it opens. My personal thought is they will have both entrances open and possibly include TSMM in the soft openings? But letting the general public into the land for TSMM would be hard to manage.

I doubt they will let the general public into the land before it opens. My personal thought is they will have both entrances open and possibly include TSMM in the soft openings? But letting the general public into the land for TSMM would be hard to manage.
I’m not saying into the land I’m saying into TSMM. So you have walls still up but a path to TSMM would be open. I don’t see how you could operate with two entrances.

And of course we have DHS planned for April 9th. I'm super bummed. We arrive at WDW on the 8th but were planning on MK this day since we have HEA that evening. I'm wondering if I should change DHS to the 8th instead, so we can make a FP for TSMM?

Can you rope drop TSMM? I did it once and we got on fairly quickly. Obviously, with one track, line may take longer, but I think it wouldn't be too bad.

If TSMM is very important to you then I probably would.

Can you rope drop TSMM? I did it once and we got on fairly quickly. Obviously, with one track, line may take longer, but I think it wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks to you both. I think Rope Drop might be a better option because I don't want to change around our dining reservations. Hopefully I'll be able to get the kids up early!

Last edited:

I'm assuming even with this not being a new ride, that with NO FASTPASS during that time everybody that wants a chance to ride without long waits will attempt the rope drop which may make things a lot more difficult and hopefully not crazier with the fast walking/sprinting :)

TSMM waits with 1 track open will make FoP look like a walk on
I realize having no FP line will help but only in keeping the line moving.
I've waited an hour during EMH with 3 tracks open. I can't fathom what the line will be like in the middle of the day with only 1 track open. I wouldn't go near it myself. Thank goodness we aren't fans of the ride and usually skip it anyway

I'm assuming even with this not being a new ride, that with NO FASTPASS during that time everybody that wants a chance to ride without long waits will attempt the rope drop which may make things a lot more difficult and hopefully not crazier with the fast walking/sprinting :)

My hope is that all those people that said they were skipping the park are true to their word, lol

You mean you don't want to play stroller derby?

We’re going mid- April so I guess no TSMM for us. I’ll probably just tell my son it’s closed.

Now maybe I should FP F! and cancel the F! dessert party? Or is the dessert party worth keeping?

Now maybe I should FP F! and cancel the F! dessert party? Or is the dessert party worth keeping?
If you can I would keep the dessert party and use the FP on something else if you can. Personally I don't think any reserved seating for Fantasmic is necessary but I wouldn't waste a FP on Fantasmic.

I wouldn't waste a FP on Fantasmic.

Can't speak to the F! dessert party (have only been to one for IllumiNations) but we never start with a F! FP+, just add it on at the end of the evening after tapping in to our (3rd, 4th, 7th, etc) FP+. I've never not seen some available even like 40 min before showtime, but I also am not typically there on a super busy night. If you have a larger group it might be worth adding at the end so you can get better-ish seats. Just food for thought :) happy planning!

So it looks like there is still a chance it will all be open by the time our trip happens mid June. Son would be really upset if it is not open.

But what else is worth a Tier 1 FP if TSMM is not an option? My son is too short for RR. Beauty and the Beast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter