***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Thanks for putting this all together! I'm wondering if there are any maps that show how this land is situated within the park, along with how Galaxy's Edge will be situated. I'm having trouble visualizing the park layout. For example, where is Toy Story Mania on the model? Anybody really good at maps who can put together how all these puzzle pieces will fit?

So excited for the improvements to the Studios. I love movies and it has always been a special park to me.

Thanks for putting this all together! I'm wondering if there are any maps that show how this land is situated within the park, along with how Galaxy's Edge will be situated. I'm having trouble visualizing the park layout. For example, where is Toy Story Mania on the model? Anybody really good at maps who can put together how all these puzzle pieces will fit?

So excited for the improvements to the Studios. I love movies and it has always been a special park to me.
Toy Story Land is behind the Toy Story Mania building. You will enter Toy Story Mania from the opposite side of the building. Toy Story Land occupies part of what used to be the backlot tour and backstage areas.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge occupies the backlot tour area and Lights Motors Action area. The two new lands will be connected by a corridor. The Pixar Place street will become backstage.

I would say a safe bet is 60+ days out for FP for Slinky. 7DMT was tough to get at 60 and near impossible at 30 for a while so I’d say get a FP when your window opens and don’t count on a same day FP popping up (although it does happen for FoP so what do I know).

Thank you for your thoughts! I might need to switch my touring strategy now!

Makes sense to me. We are aren’t quite ready to park hop with our kids so we are planning 1 full day at DHS on our late August trip. If they simply add Slinky to tier 1 and keep everything else as it is, we would definitely grab a FP for that at 60+. I’m hoping if we RD Saucers first we can rush back over to RnR and ToT and take advantage of most of the crowd being focused on TSL. After that we’ll look for same day FPs for TSM which have been plentiful for us in the past (hoping that doesn’t change).
Agreed, we are always able to get TSM Fastpasses day of, I hope this doesn’t change that!

Do you all think the Slinky Dog Coaster will become a new go-to attraction, where either rope drop or advanced FastPass (not day of) would be required? I'm trying to plan where we will be every day for an upcoming trip, so I can book dining. I wasn't planning on starting at DHS any of the days or getting my advanced FastPasses there, but worried that I will miss the Slinky Dog without either doing rope drop or 30-60 day FastPass.
Sorta kinda is my suspicion. With Star Wars Land coming and two major attractions there, I suspect the TSL rides will fade pretty quickly as a top FP+ priority. But for the first 1+ year until SWL? Probably yes it will be the "go-to" because that is how WDW usually works.

:wizard:

hoping its open for our late July trip and praying we get fp for slinky dog! Thanks for all the info!

Is this thread sponsored by Disney, and that's what makes it "official".

Or, is that just a way to make it seem more important than the others that are sure to follow?

Or, is that just a way to make it seem more important than the others that are sure to follow?
Yes Walt just approved it. What is the problem? Do you have the same comment on the ""Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread"? Someone is trying to create a go to resource where if they just go to one thread that should be enough to cover all they need to know. Don't look at it if you don't want to.

It’s the “official” way of updating all pertinent info regarding TSL in one thread.

It keeps @rteetz from having to post answers in the 453 Toy Story Land threads that will continue to pop up in the months to come. :-)

Check out this thread....lots of aerial photos that show where they are in relation to the rest of the park. You can go through the whole thread and look at others.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-theme-parks-new-aerials-1-26.3573399/page-51

Going in June! Hoping it will be open by then!! Love Toy Story and I’m really excited for this new land!!

Thank you for this thread! I am excited to see something new during our trip this August and DS is a huge TS fan (as are most preschoolers lol).

Does anyone have an inkling as to what the height requirements will be for Slinky? I am trying to figure out if it is more in line with Barnstormer or 7DMT. While my DS may meet the height requirement for 7DMT soon I don't think I would bring him on it this year (he will be 4 in the fall) where as he has ridden Barnstormer.

I was thinking they might do a toy story tier 1 with TSMM, SLINKY, Saucers and then move the rest to tier 2...maybe like they did with pandora?

I don't see all three toy story attractions on Tier 1 but I could be wrong.

I hope they don't put them all in Tier 1. While I've done TSM many times, I want to do it plus both of the TSL rides in August (Birthday Trip). I am planning for 2 MGM days and hoping either TSM or Alien Saucers ends up Tier 2 so I can get FastPasses.

I would say a safe bet is 60+ days out for FP for Slinky. 7DMT was tough to get at 60 and near impossible at 30 for a while so I’d say get a FP when your window opens and don’t count on a same day FP popping up (although it does happen for FoP so what do I know).

I am concerned it might end up like Avatar where if its not at least 64/65 days out, there is a good chance it won't be available on the day you want to do that park.

Is this the best thread to watch for AP previews? I know with Pandora they emailed the link to passholders, but I hardly ever get the emails, so I was able to secure a AP preview because someone posted a link on here. Any other threads I need to watch??

:disrocks:

Is this the best thread to watch for AP previews? I know with Pandora they emailed the link to passholders, but I hardly ever get the emails, so I was able to secure a AP preview because someone posted a link on here. Any other threads I need to watch??

:disrocks:
Yes; this thread along with News Round Up 2018 will have the up to date AP preview info. Amazingly, @rteetz - Ryan, who has an AP, oversees both threads. It’ll be a toss-up as to which thread is updated first. ;)

Yes; this thread along with News Round Up 2018 will have the up to date AP preview info. Amazingly, @rteetz - Ryan, who has an AP, oversees both threads. It’ll be a toss-up as to which thread is updated first. ;)

Thanks! Good to know. I'm hoping there will be some rumors about potential AP previews soon.. we will be there for our wedding on April 28th, but my fiancé isn't a passholder. Mine expires on 5/5 so I only want to buy him one if there's a really good chance of previews during that time o_O

Thanks! Good to know. I'm hoping there will be some rumors about potential AP previews soon.. we will be there for our wedding on April 28th, but my fiancé isn't a passholder. Mine expires on 5/5 so I only want to buy him one if there's a really good chance of previews during that time o_O
I will post in both threads as soon as the information is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter