Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying reading about everyone's first day and can't wait to hear more about the FTF Deluxe Premium Package and the Galactic Breakfast! Thank you all for sharing your information and tips.

From what I read yesterday, it seemed to be confirmed that parade viewing for the FTF DP is in full sun but still awesome photo ops of the whole crew after walking behind the parade to the stage? And is the dessert area separate from the other premium package?

Did anyone do D-Tech yesterday?
I'm enjoying reading about everyone's first day and can't wait to hear more about the FTF Deluxe Premium Package and the Galactic Breakfast! Thank you all for sharing your information and tips.

From what I read yesterday, it seemed to be confirmed that parade viewing for the FTF DP is in full sun but still awesome photo ops of the whole crew after walking behind the parade to the stage? And is the dessert area separate from the other premium package?

DPP and PP are in separate dessert party locations.One is to the left and the other to the right.The VIP share the DPP area

Meant to say, we were really far back for the fireworks, but I'm pretty sure Han was in the pre-show. Couldn't see him, but they played a clip of his voice, and there was some very excited screaming! :lovestruc

Can someone who was closer to the stage confirm? (Sorry if this was already posted)

Confirmed :)

Best view and least crowded spot for fireworks? We plan on doing Fantasmic afterwards. Was going to do first show but then we'd only have 15 minutes to get out and find a spot

We were at the dessert party front row, and there was a lot of space immediately in front of the dj and stage until right before the show - open to anyone. Fireworks were somewhat blocked though, but we still really liked the spot.

I know this is very last minute, but we are considering swapping plans. I know I saw some a few days ago, but anyone canceling a galactic breakfast for tomorrow? I need one for 2 and have one on Monday I can trade!

Yes! The view in front of the stage after parade is great!

I believe the Deluxe/VIP dessert area was separate from premium. It was located across from The Brown Derby. It didn't feel crowded at all. Great location for stage viewing, DJ Lobot and fireworks.

My DH did D-Tech yesterday. TIP: if you arrive before your scheduled appointment, they may take you in earlier. We were there shopping at 12 and his appointment was 1:40. This allows them to take walk ups throuout the day as per CM. She said people were there in the morning with afternoon appointments.

How long are folks in standby waiting for shows. I only have one fast pass for a show, so I am interested in the shortest window that can be tolerated. I understand that the earlier the better, but I also have to live with the travel party I have.

Depends on the show. I arrived at SotS during my FP window and the tbeater was full. Nice CM sat us in the section reserved for the writers and producers of the show. :-)

Obi Wan, on the other hand, never filled up. Bleachers were totally empty. We arrived at 6:30 and they let us in shortly after that. After JAT came and met people in line. :-)

Don't know what any of us would do without you @yulilin3 big thanks!!! I was also looking at first post and was wondering if the meet and greets for Fisto is only at night?
I dont have the exact times but,Kit Fisto only came out in the evening.I'll try and get the set times for the jedi council today

Awake at 6am even though I put my alarm for 7am.
Today is dpp day so well arrive at the park around 9:30 and just hang around the front.
After parade and welcome show we will be at ABC commissary for our meet until about 12 15 then it's the Rebel show, stars of the saga and go inside Darth's Mall hope to see you all there.
That's why locals have it made. I'm just going to chill this morning while all u visitors run ur heads off. We have 5 more weeks to do all this crap while u haven 2 days. Lol. That pretty much sums it up right. Lol.

So my kids got picked to march in the parade... :) Not sure how that will work with FtF, but we'll see...

Where were you and when for your kids being in the parade? My DD 6 would love it, she is super jealous of her G-pa being in the parades on his motorcycle. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Did you catch a bus that early or take a cab? We will be staying at POP weekend 4

Hope this isn't creepy, but if buses aren't running that early maybe you could fit and ride with us over from POP. We are going Friday and checking in to POP Thursday night. It's looking like there will only be 3 of us and I'm hoping we take my parents van and not my Mini. If so, you'd be more than welcome to ride with us.

I may never catch up. So just wanted to talk about a few impressions from yesterday.

First, big thanks to @yulilin3. We couldn't have done it without you. It was amazing! And Stephanie's costume was adorable.

Second, great to meet @Ninja Mom, Cathy (?), @mexxican And all the other DISers. It was really great to have friends in the crowd and to be able to stop, chat and compare notes.

Some other thoughts in no particular order -
  • Previous parade instructions are useless now. To guarantee a front row spot on the shady side you'd have to go fairly quickly after a Rope Drop. We had planned to get there by 9:00 but I'm not sure even that would have done it. By 9:25 we were happy to get one of the few remaining sunny side spots. Fortunately the full sun didn't hit us until about 40 minutes before the parade.
  • Show up to SotS 10-20 minutes before your FP window. But don't FP or show up too early to Obi Wan.
  • All of the lines we were in, were in the shade.
  • If you're looking for an indoor, reserved table without a full TS, Rebel Hangar is perfect. Go in with low character expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised. We were!
  • @yulilin3's ledge was the perfect place to have a snack and watch fireworks. Missed the pre-show but I'm happy to catch it on YouTube. The Dance Party was way too loud for me to go near that area.
  • The Leia wig worked out well if you're considering something like that. I didn't have issues with the heat. Though the wig cap underneath gave me a bit of a "headband headache". I took a breather at lunch. Overall I was happy with it and my hair looked way better at the end than it usually does. ;-)
Will post pictures eventually. (There are some in my Twitter feed @Tltorrez). Heading to Epcot today. Good luck to those venturing out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter