Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could see her. Going to Epcot today (eventually). Will be back to SWW tomorrow.

We accomplished our main goals yesterday ( Chewie, Disney Characters, parade, shows) so planning some rides, characters and atmosphere tomorrow.

Where were the Jawas? Had a bunch of trade items but never saw them.
We did not see them yesterday so I would love to know too!

Did Vader and the Mall escaped with an Ahsoka poster and rebels figures. In line for Anakin then staking out a spot for the parade.

Are the Ewoks with Chewie?

We had Logray. I can't guarantee he'll always be there but he was yesterday morning.

Character availability was spotty. We went from there to Mickey/Minnie. Waited half an hour. Then got in line for Donald/ Goofy who came out at 9:00. We just missed them when they went in for a break and came back with no Goofy.

@yulilin3 said they didn't hire extra friends for this event and based on similar reports with others, I think it shows. I'm still debating whether to try Goofy again tomorrow.

During SWW, every weekend, the tapstiles will open at 7:30am and they stop us at Hollywood and Vine for the Stortrooper welcome show. The the Stormtroopers let us in around 7:45am. This happens every SWW weekends.
The rides that are open before 8am are ST and TSMM, all the other rides open at 8am

Thanks. I had thought when we went a few years ago that they opened the gates closer to 7am unofficially.

Meant to say, we were really far back for the fireworks, but I'm pretty sure Han was in the pre-show. Couldn't see him, but they played a clip of his voice, and there was some very excited screaming! :lovestruc

Can someone who was closer to the stage confirm? (Sorry if this was already posted)

@yulilin3 what. Time did you arrive at dhs? Oh wait you guys went to the autograph fp line first huh?

Well tHank you for the video I have a visual which REALLY helps me as well as other first timers I'm sure.

There Was someone on here that was first and second, does anyone know who they were? I have some questions for them

We arrived at 6:30 and were about 3rd at the Tapstiles with @ninjamom and other DISers. I would say that was good timing. Not sure every day will be as busy as yesterday but I would go with that until we see evidence otherwise.

Anyone reading this thread for the first time please check post #1 it has all updated information and a lot of details. I'll post prices for the items at Rebel Lounge tomorrow morning but the pictures of the menu are here somewhere (can anyone find the page number and repost the pics please) We are heading out right now.
Character times for SWW are accurate on MDE so that app will be your friend if you are character hunting

Saw Vader this morning, about 7 groups back from Dewdrop. At 8.05/8.10 there was absolutely no line for Buzz and Woody. They had their usual long line by 8.30.

MDE app being a bit weird today. Characters disappearing and reappearing. Boba listed as starting at 8am. CM said he starts midday, earlier times are actually when he's on stage. Had 3 different answers so far about where the Jawas are. Currently in line for Goofy and Donald

Are you talking about the Chewie run? If so we were 2nd and Artax was first.

Also I can't remembered if I posted this already or not...I think my brain is still asleep...the AP posters "for the day" we're gone (according to the CM ) at 1 pm. So if you want to get one go fairly early. We got ours early so no problem there ...I was surprised they ran out. Note the sign did specifically say For the day so they will have more this weekend

That can't be right because we got two after lunch. Maybe 2:15?

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's first day and can't wait to hear more about the FTF Deluxe Premium Package and the Galactic Breakfast! Thank you all for sharing your information and tips.

From what I read yesterday, it seemed to be confirmed that parade viewing for the FTF DP is in full sun but still awesome photo ops of the whole crew after walking behind the parade to the stage? And is the dessert area separate from the other premium package?

Did anyone do D-Tech yesterday?

We arrived at 6:30 and were about 3rd at the Tapstiles with @ninjamom and other DISers. I would say that was good timing. Not sure every day will be as busy as yesterday but I would go with that until we see evidence otherwise.
Did you catch a bus that early or take a cab? We will be staying at POP weekend 4

Our breakfast on weekend 4 is at 10:30 so I'm pretty certain we will be missing the parade that day :( Or are you still going to try and make it?

I've never done the parade. But I would think that yes you will most likely miss it unless you eat on light speed and RUN but that's no fun. I would weigh what is more important for you and your family. Personally I LOVE the breakfast.

They have the boba fett stein at wattos grotto today
OMG must get one. If any of you see a grown woman wearing a Boba Fett tank having an ugly cry in the middle of the Streets of America it's because they were already sold out

Saw Vader this morning, about 7 groups back from Dewdrop. At 8.05/8.10 there was absolutely no line for Buzz and Woody. They had their usual long line by 8.30.

MDE app being a bit weird today. Characters disappearing and reappearing. Boba listed as starting at 8am. CM said he starts midday, earlier times are actually when he's on stage. Had 3 different answers so far about where the Jawas are. Currently in line for Goofy and Donald
Glad it is not just me I was looking for Rex times earlier and he was not listed. Leia was listed as coming out at 7 pm and Luke had no listing. Then I looked a bit later and Leia was gone! Go figure.

DH and DD both think it is cool that I am now a location marker!

Meant to say, we were really far back for the fireworks, but I'm pretty sure Han was in the pre-show. Couldn't see him, but they played a clip of his voice, and there was some very excited screaming! :lovestruc

Can someone who was closer to the stage confirm? (Sorry if this was already posted)
Yes, Han did show up on stage during pre-show and he was awesome! The crowd went crazy!

Best view and least crowded spot for fireworks? We plan on doing Fantasmic afterwards. Was going to do first show but then we'd only have 15 minutes to get out and find a spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter