Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance...but I have been trying to skim through the posts to see if this has been asked yet but with 374 pages it's hard to read everything. What is the rule on dressing up? I am doing an adult only trip with one of my friends, she wants to dress as Chewbacca and I am going to dress as Han Solo. I know that we can dress up, but i didn't know the rules as far as blasters are concerned. Anyone know if I would be able to bring a black toy blaster into the park or if I should just opt for the white and orange one I can get at the toy store?

You can bring the black blaster. The only thing that you can't do is cover your face with a mask or anything that obstructs your eyesight.

Just wanted to add. We spray painted the white and orange one black, but made sure to keep the orange tip showing it's a toy. Didn't have any trouble. Though some guests in the parking lot weren't happy with it. My son disney bounded Han.

You could use flash and dial down the compensation if you're using a camera that allows that so it doesn't wash out your subjects. With it being so dark you do need to dial it back quite a bit and I would recommend taking a couple test pictures with someone you're with to determine if you've got the right settings before the characters come around to see you.

Someday I'm going to learn to use my camera. Maybe this is a good excuse...

no weekend V shows yet for fp as of 2am :(

I really think they are planning to wait until 30 days out.....so many AP and offsite guests are upset about the possibility of not getting FP for the first 4 weekends......but luckily so far it appears they are all still available.....but I think everyone knows that like Mark Hamill last year, the Frank Oz FP will be gone within hours of appearing. At least that's my theory.

I really think they are planning to wait until 30 days out.....so many AP and offsite guests are upset about the possibility of not getting FP for the first 4 weekends......but luckily so far it appears they are all still available.....but I think everyone knows that like Mark Hamill last year, the Frank Oz FP will be gone within hours of appearing. At least that's my theory.
I hope you're right

I really think they are planning to wait until 30 days out.....so many AP and offsite guests are upset about the possibility of not getting FP for the first 4 weekends......but luckily so far it appears they are all still available...
Yes, it would be my luck, especially when it comes to all things "this Disney trip" that the only weekend not avail yet is ours. is there a way to see if they are available? Ty Feel as if I now need to monitor MDE and this thread like a crackhead searching the ground for them to come available, lol

Yes, it would be my luck, especially when it comes to all things "this Disney trip" that the only weekend not avail yet is ours. is there a way to see if they are available? Ty Feel as if I now need to monitor MDE and this thread like a crackhead searching the ground for them to come available, lol

Yep, just keep watching this thread because it will explode when Weekend V FP are available, lol. Last year I was extremely lucky....was at our rental doing work instead of being in the park with the girls when it was announced on the thread that A Conversation with Mark Hamill was available for FP.....I grabbed it immediately of course.....and by the time I went to pick up the girls they were sold out....so had I gone to the park we'd have missed out. They were literally gone within a couple hours. I just wish that DIS notifications worked better.....I don't get emails consistently telling me things have been posted (for this thread or the others I follow). It's really hit and miss. So...I check here everytime I have a moment. Stalking is not easy work, I tell ya.

So we made the 9 hour drive down here just for the weekend because my DH is doing the Half Iron Man in Haines City, FL tomorrow. It's all about him & this race but I've convinced him of a quick trip to DHS for dinner today so I can walk around and visualize. Two quick questions...
1. Did I remember that someone has already made a map with the changes for this year? If so, can someone direct me to it?
2. Is it still true that you can use a FP associated with a MDE account even if that person didn't scan into the park as long as you have their Magicband?

Thanks!!! Happy to be in the Sunshine State today!

Touring plans says May 15th will only be a level 4 crowd in HS? This can't be right with all the people going to the first day of SWW?

Keep in mind that TP numbers are based on wait times of the regular attractions, not the number of people in the park. Other than Star Tours it doesn't seem like most of the regular attractions would be affected.

But also keep in mind that things like food and restroom lines will be. The same thing happens during Food & Wine at Epcot.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add. We spray painted the white and orange one black, but made sure to keep the orange tip showing it's a toy. Didn't have any trouble. Though some guests in the parking lot weren't happy with it. My son disney bounded Han.

Seriously?!?!

Yep, just keep watching this thread because it will explode when Weekend V FP are available, lol. Last year I was extremely lucky....was at our rental doing work instead of being in the park with the girls when it was announced on the thread that A Conversation with Mark Hamill was available for FP.....I grabbed it immediately of course.....and by the time I went to pick up the girls they were sold out....so had I gone to the park we'd have missed out. They were literally gone within a couple hours. I just wish that DIS notifications worked better.....I don't get emails consistently telling me things have been posted (for this thread or the others I follow). It's really hit and miss. So...I check here everytime I have a moment. Stalking is not easy work, I tell ya.
What time of day was it when they announced it last year?

Now that they will be so close to TSMM I'm afraid they will be very popular. In the past it took about 20 minutes to meet each one.

Dear lord, I hope not, or we will be in line for hours where I didn't expect it lol.

I somehow knew I would get tagged to respond to your questions!;)

yulilin is correct. The height-range is a determining factor for all entertainment roles, especially during SWW. This was always a Lucas production so authenticity, aside from Hoopla, was major.

Vader, by pure Disney Magic, can be seen at SciFi, JTA, in a meet and greet for VIPs, in a regular meet and greet, and in the parade! That's why there is a need. Disney casts SWW with show/performing CMs and those who are established friends with Vader also have other roles in FoF, Fant, and BatB.

Overtime scheduling during busy periods is a way of life for all CMs. Last year during SWW, DD was working 70 hour weeks with some days being SciFi > JTA > H&V, or, SciFi > JTA > Fant, or SciFi > Dream Along. When we were in line for JAT's show, we chatted with parents of a Food Service CM who was also working 70 hour weeks.

Disney keeps everything flowing, especially shows, at all times. I would like to see their scheduling software because they know where everyone is at every moment of the day. There was a day last year where DD went from being a friend of a Jawa then prepared to step out as a friend of a Padawan when JTA management alerted her that she was needed at Dream Along. Schedulers had to know which role was down at Dream Along, which CMs knew that role, and which CM would be able to get to the Castle Stage in time for the next show. It really is amazing!

So interesting! I picked up that your daughter worked there, but I didn't realize what she did. Neat!

The gift shop, Tattoine Traders, that you enter after the Star Tours ride. You don't have to go on the ride to enter, though.

Oh my word. I am so glad someone mentioned this. Now I have an excellent motivator for ODS. He will be busy earning Disney money over the next month!

I was kind of surprised at the crowd levels they had for the first week in June. I think they have it lower because they don't have summer break starting till June 27th, but I think they underestimate the crowd levels still. Many districts still get out earlier.

We are out May 22. We somehow had no snow days (sorry Easterners!, but I promise that is unusual for us lol.) They have already dumped the last week of school because of it, 5 built-in days. So...we go to Disney, and ODS has 2 days of school left when we get back. It should have been 7. Sigh. Oh well.

Woot has some great t-shirts up this week for $8/ea too.

This is my favorite tee site. I have so many lol. I will be modeling "Goodnight Moon" during SWW1, and DH will probably take that "Family Breakfast" one. I plan to order "Sloth Wars", too...and maybe "Fett Lucky". Of course those 2 aren't $8. I need to get my rear in gear to get it in time. Since most are "print to order", they usually take a couple of weeks to arrive. Sometimes they list the estimated shipping date on the shirt description page.

So we made the 9 hour drive down here just for the weekend because my DH is doing the Half Iron Man in Haines City, FL tomorrow. It's all about him & this race but I've convinced him of a quick trip to DHS for dinner today so I can walk around and visualize. Two quick questions...
1. Did I remember that someone has already made a map with the changes for this year? If so, can someone direct me to it?
2. Is it still true that you can use a FP associated with a MDE account even if that person didn't scan into the park as long as you have their Magicband?

1.- I'm not sure there's a map with the changes for SWW
2.- I did this in January, used my son's MB to go on some attractions, not sure if that is still the case

It has worked for us but I havent tried in a couple weeks and some people were saying it has been changed. There are also people that said it never worked for them so not sure what the current deal is. I was going to test it tomorrow and just look confused if it said the person hadnt entered the park. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter