Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time of day was it when they announced it last year?
A Conversation with Mark Hamill was scheduled, by the Disney Parks Blog , to begin booking FP at 8am. We were all on the computer, MDE, laptops, kindles,etc. refresh...refresh...refresh...it finally went live around 8;20am. I remember because my DD almost missed her bus because she was on the kindle while I was trying on the computer.
Last year the announced that they would be opening the fp, I think about a day or two before. Not sure if they will do the same this year or just open them up without warning

Apologies if this has been answered already. I saw someone ask the question shortly before the celebrities were announced and the feel the force packages were announced, but that was about 100 or some pages ago in this thread.

For the D-tech appointments, I know they say that the carbonite and princess are available in the more youthful appearances for children, but are the children forced to only pick from those two options? My son is 9, and I just want to manage expectations for him before we go. His face is the spitting image of my husband so I guess I can convince him that whatever my husband does is him if I need to. He likes the Jedi knight option.

Speaking of build your own lightsabers, I was thinking of building one on the 14th after GG and then having everyone I meet sign it. Is that a bad idea? Will the characters have a hard time signing since it is round?

Apologies if this has been answered already. I saw someone ask the question shortly before the celebrities were announced and the feel the force packages were announced, but that was about 100 or some pages ago in this thread.

For the D-tech appointments, I know they say that the carbonite and princess are available in the more youthful appearances for children, but are the children forced to only pick from those two options? My son is 9, and I just want to manage expectations for him before we go. His face is the spitting image of my husband so I guess I can convince him that whatever my husband does is him if I need to. He likes the Jedi knight option.
Not sure about this one. I would call D Tech and ask

Speaking of build your own lightsabers, I was thinking of building one on the 14th after GG and then having everyone I meet sign it. Is that a bad idea? Will the characters have a hard time signing since it is round?
Face characters will have no problem, the other I'm not sure. Depending on costume?

Just read this from another thread. Apparently FP+ is available to book a day in advance of your 60 days out. Not sure how to explain it. If your window opens tomorrow you might be able to book them today. I don't believe any shows for weekend 5 are showing up yet though but for all the other attractions and parks you could check

Just read this from another thread. Apparently FP+ is available to book a day in advance of your 60 days out. Not sure how to explain it. If your window opens tomorrow you might be able to book them today. I don't believe any shows for weekend 5 are showing up yet though but for all the other attractions and parks you could check
Our FP+ opens tonight at 1am. Just checked and it's still locked. Would be nice not to have to stay up.

A Conversation with Mark Hamill was scheduled, by the Disney Parks Blog , to begin booking FP at 8am. We were all on the computer, MDE, laptops, kindles,etc. refresh...refresh...refresh...it finally went live around 8;20am. I remember because my DD almost missed her bus because she was on the kindle while I was trying on the computer.
Last year the announced that they would be opening the fp, I think about a day or two before. Not sure if they will do the same this year or just open them up without warning

that was a very crazy day. Well worth the stress in the end.

So we made the 9 hour drive down here just for the weekend because my DH is doing the Half Iron Man in Haines City, FL tomorrow. It's all about him & this race but I've convinced him of a quick trip to DHS for dinner today so I can walk around and visualize. Two quick questions...
1. Did I remember that someone has already made a map with the changes for this year? If so, can someone direct me to it?
2. Is it still true that you can use a FP associated with a MDE account even if that person didn't scan into the park as long as you have their Magicband?

Thanks!!! Happy to be in the Sunshine State today!
kennythepirate.com has a map

that's a good idea...there not that thin its doable

As for the non-Star Wars rides "not being that bad"...that was not our experience in 2013 with TSM, and that was pre-FP+. We split up, with my friend taking the kids to JTA signups and I did the running of the bulls for our FP, and they were all distributed well within the first hour the park was open. Lines never died down to lower than an hour wait all weekend...the SB line was always stretched out the entrance every time we went by. The parks bring the crowds and if you want to get out of the heat, the TSM queue is as good as any to wait in.

As for the non-Star Wars rides "not being that bad"...that was not our experience in 2013 with TSM, and that was pre-FP+. We split up, with my friend taking the kids to JTA signups and I did the running of the bulls for our FP, and they were all distributed well within the first hour the park was open. Lines never died down to lower than an hour wait all weekend...the SB line was always stretched out the entrance every time we went by. The parks bring the crowds and if you want to get out of the heat, the TSM queue is as good as any to wait in.
I agree 100%. Even Muppetvision that never has a line has waits over 30 minutes during SWW

That's my favorite. I like stuff like that. There is a cool fett/flash mashup I found yesterday. I might get that one
I also noticed a Darkside/Guns N Roses and a Boba/Jenga Daft Punk mashup! My 14 year old might actually have an emotion over those. Lol

Just in case anyone is interested, The BOATHOUSE just opened reservations on opentable.com for booking starting May 15th just in time for SWW! We are going Sunday May 17th after the fireworks at HS for a late dinner. We are planning on watching the fireworks from down the street closer to the entrance, and then right when they finish running to a Saratoga Springs bus. I haven't been to DTD since they have been doing all the construction, but it looks like the walkway from SSR ends right around the boathouse location? (I have never been to SSR so if any of you are experts I'd love your thoughts!)

Just in case anyone is interested, The BOATHOUSE just opened reservations on opentable.com for booking starting May 15th just in time for SWW! We are going Sunday May 17th after the fireworks at HS for a late dinner. We are planning on watching the fireworks from down the street closer to the entrance, and then right when they finish running to a Saratoga Springs bus. I haven't been to DTD since they have been doing all the construction, but it looks like the walkway from SSR ends right around the boathouse location? (I have never been to SSR so if any of you are experts I'd love your thoughts!)
Thanks! Has it been confirmed that the Boathouse is or is't on the dining plan? The Disney site says it isn't. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter