Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

I called the D-Tech me reservation line at exactly 7am, I was "lucky" enough to get someone who was first day on the job. I had to give more info than I was prepared to... hotel reservation #, DVC member # etc.... And they asked what figures we were purchasing (I was making two appts one for each of my kids). I didn't know we had to pick while making the reservation, I thought we had time to decide and could pick the day of. As of last night my daughter was still undecided so I just picked X-Wing Pilot for her and will call to update if she changes her mind.

I just called and got DH into Dtech me, they told me that the 16" was over $1000! I don't know if that was right, I just said put him down for the 7" which is still $99. She put me in hold to verify that price, but it still doesn't seem right! She also told me he could change his mind the day of.

Same for me. I was booking for me and a friend. I know I want all 3 male figurines and I will more than likely have the carbonite one in 16" but I had no idea what he wants. I am sure you will be able to choose on the day should any changes be required.

I called the D-Tech me reservation line at exactly 7am, I was "lucky" enough to get someone who was first day on the job. I had to give more info than I was prepared to... hotel reservation #, DVC member # etc.... And they asked what figures we were purchasing (I was making two appts one for each of my kids). I didn't know we had to pick while making the reservation, I thought we had time to decide and could pick the day of. As of last night my daughter was still undecided so I just picked X-Wing Pilot for her and will call to update if she changes her mind.

I did not have to pick, but thanks for this info! We got a great time that works perfectly into our plans!

I will confirm that the 16" is $1049!! I almost choked! I asked for the non-choking version of $99! WOWSA!!

Looks like im benched this year ..
Had to pull my submission app
Government cancelled my leave ..
So its over for me ;(. Hoping to get 2015

Also dis, has put a cap on marchers 150 -501/RL
So gone are days of up to 200 marchers in a parade ..
No more costume themed days .. Like 20 pilots one day and 30 tuskens the next and a fleet of clones the following ;(

Also certain characters are not going to be seen mostly E.U. And games :( Alot of epic but lesser known costumes
On of my buddy's -a personal favorite of the parades for me personally
may have to switch to a different character :(

Well see alot of changes this year some good - some great - some unfortunate :(
No more hoopla
Hopefully all these new bugs and future changes
On stage and behind the curtains get worked out
Before 2015 --- or may not do 2016 :(

Ive always loved the weekends - but as a glass half empty person - i fear things will not be the same ??? But on the other hand hold great hopes the mouse can make the brand and epic win for all fans alike -
and not just use the franchise to make the registers ring !! But to make the wars something new and old fans will continue to grow and love for centuries to come

Can I book this for my DH and cancel if we have to? We are still working out plans. This is our first SWW and thought he might enjoy this. I am asking about the DTech.

Can I book this for my DH and cancel if we have to? We are still working out plans. This is our first SWW and thought he might enjoy this. I am asking about the DTech.

There's a 2 day cancellation policy. If you don't cancel before the 2 days and don't show it's $25

There's a 2 day cancellation policy. If you don't cancel before the 2 days and don't show it's $25

I asked the same thing and was told the above. Wanted to book one for my son, but my wife said I should do it too. I'm interested, but $99+ saved would be ok too...

I made reservations for 7"....would love the 16", but wow! For 3 people, we had to take 2 different time slots, but only 10 mins apart. I was told that they can only do 2 people at a time.

My question is, on MDE - where do I put in the reservation #'s. I was told that the reservations will not automatically load to MDE, that I would have to put them in. But where?

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks!

I made reservations for 7"....would love the 16", but wow! For 3 people, we had to take 2 different time slots, but only 10 mins apart. I was told that they can only do 2 people at a time.

My question is, on MDE - where do I put in the reservation #'s. I was told that the reservations will not automatically load to MDE, that I would have to put them in. But where?

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks!

In MDE, go to My Plans for that date > Add Plans > Notes... just add in your reservation info

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I'm new to this. Can anyone help me. I've just ordered a 7'' stormtrooper and the lady said I'd get a confirmation e-mail but I didn't. Don't really want to call back as I live in England and the 30 mins on hold cost me enough. Thanks for your time.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I'm new to this. Can anyone help me. I've just ordered a 7'' stormtrooper and the lady said I'd get a confirmation e-mail but I didn't. Don't really want to call back as I live in England and the 30 mins on hold cost me enough. Thanks for your time.

I called my reservation in this morning and they asked for my email address, but I haven't received any confirmation email yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Quick question about the name tags
Could you order them late in the day on a Saturday when hopefully the lines at Darth's Mall aren't so bad and collect them the next day?
Am I kidding myself that the lines will be shorter late in the day and does the Mall stay open until park close?

Linda67 said:
Quick question about the name tags
Could you order them late in the day on a Saturday when hopefully the lines at Darth's Mall aren't so bad and collect them the next day?
Am I kidding myself that the lines will be shorter late in the day and does the Mall stay open until park close?

The mall is better in the afternoon. Not sure if you could order them late and pick them up next day. The mall used to stay open until park closing, with the location of it this year I'm not sure. They have to close Pixar lane from One Man's Dream to Backlot Tour because of the fireworks.

just booked 3 one for me my wife and son....will prob be letting my son do all three.looks liks fun.....:cool1::thumbsup2

If the parade starts at 11:30am, would 10am be a good time to start waiting for a good shady spot? And does anyone have any suggestions?

Got my D-Tech reservation for the 16th at 12:40, the CSR said that 1pm was a popular time but this is fine by me :)

I inquired about the X-wing pilot & Leia figures when making my choice - she said just imagine the Stormtrooper and put an X-wing pilot outfit on the SAME pose, holding the helmet and gun and you have your figure. I'm just wondering if the hairstyles are different for women on that figure. She also told me Leia was also in a standing position, nothing too special.

I went for my original choice, the Stormtrooper. I was also told that I wouldn't get an e-mail confirmation and to make sure I wrote down the confirmation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter