When: April 20 - 23, 2017

Where: Walt Disney World

Events:
runDisney Kids
Star Wars 5K
Star Wars 10K
Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side

Star Wars Dark Side Challenge

August 2, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST (Early Passholder)
August 9, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST (General)

Click here for the runDisney Page

Last edited:
I'm joining in because I'm thinking of doing the race next year. But I'm hoping they fix the issues I heard about from this year with the bus waits after the race :)

Ok folks, not only am I technology inept o_O, but runDisney status challenged as well. What's "legacy status"? DS23 and I are hoping to get registered for the Challenge.

It just means that you did the race every year it was available. Given that 2016 was the first year for Star Wars Dark Side, everyone that participated has legacy status. Those with legacy status usually get something "special" every five years (for you @MommaoffherRocker) .
That's awesome! Thanks for the explanation and sorry to be exasperating. I started doing the Disney runs for something else to do at Disney since my significant other can go every year and never tire of it. He'll be going 3X this year alone. Me...I was happy to do the PHM's 5k & 10k with my son(23) back in Feb. Now we want to up the stakes and push ourselves farther. Hence, SWDS-2017!

I'm planning on doing the challenge again and maybe the 5k as well next year. This will be a quick solo trip just for the races (I want to finally be a legacy runner in something!!), since I'm taking my DS to Japan for his HS graduation 2 weeks later. :faint:

I am here because I definitely WANT to be doing it, but the time away from work might be tricky AND convincing DH, who I really want to do it with me. We're Canadian so it's a lot of money for a weekend. I'm already doing W&D this year and Dopey 2018 ( assuming I get in). Fingers crossed, but we will see.

I'm in for Dark Side next year! Just have to figure out what I'm doing, and whether my family is coming with me. It will likely depend on DH's job status at registration time. (He just retired from the military so job=family, no job=solo.)

I'm tentatively in for this. Just so happens it falls on a weekend when I can take my two favorite littles (who like to run AND love Star Wars) to Florida for a long weekend.

I'm planning on 5K and Half, one little will do the Mile and the 5K and the other little will do the Mile ...

I am hoping to run this next year to maintain legacy status, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. I'm committed to chaperone a high school trip to Europe right around that time that will make things tricky and if the London Marathon lottery comes through SWDS will be right out. But for now, I'll keep this iron in the fire, too.

Wondering when the people at runDisney will update the internal web site info. I still don't see where they have announced the public registration date (8/9) under the "Registration" tab like other runs.

new to run Disney & all this stuff, but thinking of doing the 10K! Now if only I could get a friend to join me for the weekend it would be fun although I am not opposed to doing this alone

new to run Disney & all this stuff, but thinking of doing the 10K! Now if only I could get a friend to join me for the weekend it would be fun although I am not opposed to doing this alone
Don't have to be alone! Myself, son and his girl will all be doing 10k and I'm sure we WON'T be in the same coral together. DS is quick, I'm ok, and his girl is new to the whole runDisney. Not to be weird (just know what it's like to run alone), when we get close, if you haven't gotten someone to run with you, hit me up. One or all of us would love the company!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter