Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

Ok I just added a jacket as why the heck not :)

I have to say it was pretty smooth I my end. I think generally they have gotten alot better with the process.

Ok I just added a jacket as why the heck not :)
I'm tempted to do the same... would really like to SEE IT and have a sense of fit, though... :(

Do we know if this is a standard style that others might be able to speak to from other races??

I'm tempted to do the same... would really like to SEE IT and have a sense of fit, though... :(

Do we know if this is a standard style that others might be able to speak to from other races??

This is the sizing chart they have for the WDW marathon. I don't know why it only provides the women's chart when you click the sizing chart link. I really hate buying expensive stuff like this without getting to try it on first for fit. And no returns or exchanges!

upload_2015-6-16_11-16-22.png

This is the sizing chart they have for the WDW marathon. I don't know why it only provides the women's chart when you click the sizing chart link. I really hate buying expensive stuff like this without getting to try it on first for fit. And no returns or exchanges!

View attachment 103407
I thought you could return preorder jackets? Not sure about exchanging for a different size though.

View attachment 103407

I thought you could return preorder jackets? Not sure about exchanging for a different size though.

You could return them last year.
Haven't done this myself but like others, I have heard you can return the jackets. Make sure to bring a printout of your order.

I have also heard you can do this with the Disney Dooneys - I have heard of people returning the pre-ordered bags and then re-buying them right there on the spot to apply an Annual Pass or Disney Visa discount (haven't heard of anyone trying this with the jacket, but it's worth a shot!). Wish I'd known that trick! Definitely going to try that in the future.

How long do you think it will be before the half sells out, rundisney is saying its at 62%....I might set myself the dare that if its not sold out in a week, I'm signing up for it. I'm signed up for the 10k and that would be my first half marathon.

How long do you think it will be before the half sells out, rundisney is saying its at 62%....I might set myself the dare that if its not sold out in a week, I'm signing up for it. I'm signed up for the 10k and that would be my first half marathon.
If the avengers and Tinkerbell pattern follow suit, then it won't be sold out until much later

Now seeing SOLD OUT for 10K, 5K, kids races. RC still ON HOLD. 1/2 still open.

I think I'm writing this more for myself as reference for next year when I don't remember how quickly everything went! LOL! :)
Aaaaand... now the RC is showing SOLD OUT. That's everything except the 1/2.

Does anyone know anything about why there's no Wookie Welcome Party this year? Still bummed about that... :(

Is it crazy to hope they add it later??

Ooooh....think I must get training shirts! I don't like to prebuy the I did it shirts. Just a thing for me I guess. But training shirts work. Think I will get DS8 on for the 5k too.

Congrats to everyone who got in!!

Does anyone know anything about why there's no Wookie Welcome Party this year? Still bummed about that... :(

Is it crazy to hope they add it later??

I think at least part of it is b/c of the DL party not selling out. For that one, you get more lands and rides plus a special viewing of the Paint the Night Parade combined w/ the 10th and 60th anniversaries and when I got my tix last week it was still at 55%. So I think they're worried about the loss of income from having Tomorrowland closed for less people than a sellout when they could have it open and make more from nonparty people sales especially if they have merch from the new movie.

I'm in both 5k and RC.... can't wait !!!!
Almost completed the registrations for my RunDisney Tour de Force (only Paris Half missing).

Training shirts are so cool but unfortunately they can't be ship internationally... i want one :sad::sad::sad:!!!!

Congrats to everyone who got in!!

I think at least part of it is b/c of the DL party not selling out. For that one, you get more lands and rides plus a special viewing of the Paint the Night Parade combined w/ the 10th and 60th anniversaries and when I got my tix last week it was still at 55%. So I think they're worried about the loss of income from having Tomorrowland closed for less people than a sellout when they could have it open and make more from nonparty people sales especially if they have merch from the new movie.
Forgive my ignorance... What DL party are you taking about? I've been strictly a WDW person for years... :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter