Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

Hubby and I are planning to do the 5k. This will require lots of training since we are both quite out of shape.

Yay for you guys! Have you checked out any of the "couch to 5K" training programs, apps, websites, etc? I followed a walk/run plan from coolrunnings.com and it was terrific. Don't be afraid to repeat weeks, especially if you're coming from a very low fitness level. There are many systmes in the body that have to get into shape; bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, LUNGS (my biggest weakness)...and that's all before you get to the muscles! So take your time, keep on going, and repeat weeks as needed. :)

Seconding the Couch 2 5K recommendation! I used it to start running a couple of years ago and now I'm using it again to pick up from a year layoff (self imposed :sad2: ). Real talk, running is HARD at the beginning when you're lugging around extra weight. Runners blow by me out on the street and I wish they knew how hard I was working to go half as fast as them. I just tell myself that I've done this before, and I will do it again. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

We have a group of 10 that is registering for the RC 2016. I know DVC early registration is tomorrow (AP, too?). Does anyone know if there is a discount for Disney Visa card holders? I thought we received some type of discount in 2014 when we ran the inaugural 10K at WDW marathon weekend.

Hi everyone,

We have a group of 10 that is registering for the RC 2016. I know DVC early registration is tomorrow (AP, too?). Does anyone know if there is a discount for Disney Visa card holders? I thought we received some type of discount in 2014 when we ran the inaugural 10K at WDW marathon weekend.

There is no discount for Disney Visa Card holders.

We are DVC and AP holders, but since I can't find discounts with those, I thought maybe there was one with a Disney Visa.

Wishful thinking, I guess.

Thanks for the reply!

At least with AP/DVC, you get an earlier change for registration! I'm hoping tomorrow won't be too crazy as it doesn't seem to be as much hype this year as there was last year as the various groups I see haven't been talking about it as much.

I'll still be at my work computer at 11:45AM though refreshing waiting for it to open at noon!

I think the Disney Visa discounts are gone for good. Disney has figured out that they don't need to offer discounts...the races will sell out without them.

with early registration opening tomorrow -- did anyone notice the wookie party isn't listed anymore?
maybe I need to catch up but there isn't any park party?

with early registration opening tomorrow -- did anyone notice the wookie party isn't listed anymore?
maybe I need to catch up but there isn't any park party?
Does not look like it. It also seems they changed up the merchandise as well.

• Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend Bundle – Hat, Tumbler, Magnet
  • Star Wars Rebel Challenge Pin Bundle – Half Marathon, 10K and Rebel Challenge Pins
  • Star Wars Rebel Challenge Pin
  • Star Wars Half Marathon Pin
  • Star Wars 10K Pin
  • Star Wars 5K
  • Star Wars Half Marathon Necklace
  • runDisney Kids Races Ears

Yay for you guys! Have you checked out any of the "couch to 5K" training programs, apps, websites, etc? I followed a walk/run plan from coolrunnings.com and it was terrific. Don't be afraid to repeat weeks, especially if you're coming from a very low fitness level. There are many systmes in the body that have to get into shape; bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, LUNGS (my biggest weakness)...and that's all before you get to the muscles! So take your time, keep on going, and repeat weeks as needed. :)

I am definitely planning to do one of these programs. We have done two 5ks previously (last year and the year before), but they were pretty rough and we are in worse shape right now.

This is my first time attempting to register for the race with an AP. Do you just go to the RunDisney page or is there another link we're supposed to go to?

This is my first time attempting to register for the race with an AP. Do you just go to the RunDisney page or is there another link we're supposed to go to?

You will want to go to the DL AP page and log in and wait for the link to come up there.

I'll be doing the same with the DVC page.

Apparently my body thought it was a Disney Race Day instead of the Star Wars Half Marathon AP/DVC Sign Up Day as I woke up at 2:45AM completely unable to go back to bed. At least I got a good run in before work this morning.

Good luck everyone signing up today!

I was able to sign up for WDW marathon weekend with a DL AP so I would think you could do the reverse

Yes you can do the reverse. I am a WDW holder and was able to sign up that way last year.
Awesome -- thanks!!

Must admit I'm nervous... worried that the block is too small for me to get everything we want today. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!