Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

I'm getting nervous! I was going to use Acclaim travel to register (we have APs) but when I called yesterday they hadn't received the info from RunDisney yet.... Should I go ahead and attempt to register myself today or stick with them????

Any previous experience or advice appreciated! :thanks:

@samc I'd say go ahead and try to register yourself. Why not? If it doesn't work today you'll have more chances (Acclaim whenever they get bibs, other travel agents, general registration...).

Do you need to have a DL AP, or does a WDW AP also work?

Last time I was a WDW AP holder I wasn't able to use it to get into the Disneyland Half. It required me to sign into a DL AP account to go anywhere. So I thought you would have to have a DL account.

That said, they didn't have the URLs like linked to above when registering for that; a lot has changed in a relatively short period of time. Also we're DVC so I didn't *have to* do the AP registration for it.

So Got my husband done for Rebel + 5K
I could only get myself for 5K as Rebel is now showing On Hold :(

Clicked on the link via the DVC site, registered for the Rebel Challenge in only a few minutes. That was super easy, it looks like they streamlined the registration process.

First time having to sign in to Active for me - fortunately, I remembered my sign in info, and I'm registered for the Rebel Challenge and 5K.

The 5K sign in had a glitch, similar to a previous runDisney race (don't remember which one) where the participant gets a message saying that they are too young to register.

Good luck to all -- I hope no one has major trouble signing up.

Whoo hoo...Challenge +5k for me, 5k for DS. Not too bad. Now to start working on the training! Peachtree RR 10k coming up first for my Wine & Dine time. Probably ought to find another 10k for the fall to get a better time for this race though.

Yay! was able to register myself & son - way easier than EEC was.
So Excited!!!!

Any guesses as to why the Rebel Challenge, 10K and kids races are on hold? They sell out the AP slots already? I logged in six minutes after the hour!!

Was able to sign up for my first challenge race! I'm so excited since I missed out on Rebel last year, and Dumbo this year. I am so pumped. I agree it did seem easier

DH & I are in for the Half! Yippee!! He did RC last year, I only did the Half. We are both doing the Half this year because he has trouble taking time off work so we can't get there in time for packet pick up for the 10K. Oh well. Doing Dumbo in September, so we will both be challenged!! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter