***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

just for perspective, I shot this video during SWW 2013, 6am, just an idea on how SW fans lined up to get 1 autograph or go into the special merchandise location
This is not my video, this was from Orlando SW Celebration 2 years ago, at min 4:40 you can see the line of people camping out a day before the convention started, this is after the police said no camping out :) the hall where the 40th anniversary panel was held had the capacity of 3400 people. The first people in line camped out for 2 nights from Texas and UK

This is just for perspective on the average to crazy SW fan and what they will do. I arrived for the convention at 3am the first morning so I did not camp out

I have been thinking. What if the same thing that happened between the DL and WDW opening happens for this? DL opening was a disaster, over crowded, things not working right...then for WDW they were expecting 300K people and only 10K showed up cause no one wanted to go through the craziness of opening? :D one can dream right?
My DD18 is coming with me for opening day and I asked her how long she would wait in line for MFSR, she said less than an hour and a half, I gasp and say "but it's going to be so cool" she tells me "it'll be here forever, we can do it another day" :D can't argue with that logic. I'm still making whatever line necessary to go on it while she sips blue milk and checks out all the interactive stuff on her own

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sure it's already been posted but can anyone tell me what exactly will be open as of August 29 for GE? We will be there spetember 27.
Details as far as
restaurants (if they are TS or QS or Snack )
which ride and what exactly is the ride
merchandise buildings
meet and greets?
any other walk throughs?
thanks

Also, we are trying to plan our itinerary and this kind of screwed things up. Do you suggest avoiding HS for the Fri,Sat and Sundays and also Yom kippur Monday? I'm not sure how many schools in Florida have it off.
thanks

Ok, I'm sure it's already been posted but can anyone tell me what exactly will be open as of August 29 for GE? We will be there spetember 27.
Details as far as
restaurants (if they are TS or QS or Snack )
which ride and what exactly is the ride
merchandise buildings
meet and greets?
any other walk throughs?
thanks

Also, we are trying to plan our itinerary and this kind of screwed things up. Do you suggest avoiding HS for the Fri,Sat and Sundays and also Yom kippur Monday? I'm not sure how many schools in Florida have it off.
thanks

All info is on page one of this thread.

I have been thinking. What if the same thing that happened between the DL and WDW opening happens for this? DL opening was a disaster, over crowded, things not working right...then for WDW they were expecting 300K people and only 10K showed up cause no one wanted to go through the craziness of opening? :D one can dream right?
I’ve been wondering that same thing. That would be pretty cool, but I booked a trip solely to see the insanity at World, so I want chaos.

Over on WDWmagic Martin has said that there will be controlled entry into the land with essentially a FP or reservation to get in. This will help control crowd levels inside.

Makes sense - figure there would have to be something and the more time people are standing in line to get into the land the less time they are spending money shopping or eating

Obviously they need to do something but still worry about when someone visits there specifically to see the land and then is told there are no spots left for that day

Over on WDWmagic Martin has said that there will be controlled entry into the land with essentially a FP or reservation to get in. This will help control crowd levels inside.
I wonder how that will work assuming you can get a Fastpass for either attraction. If you have a FP does that double as a "get in" pass? Does your "get in pass" need to be for the same time as your FP?

Makes sense - figure there would have to be something and the more time people are standing in line to get into the land the less time they are spending money shopping or eating

Obviously they need to do something but still worry about when someone visits there specifically to see the land and then is told there are no spots left for that day
This is probably why they are saying capacity is limited in the press releases/blog posts.

Did he say how you get this FP/reservation?

I was day dreaming a bit and called the VIP tours to ask about using them to visit Batuu. They are uncertain how this might work since they primarily use the Fastpass lines (which Batuu won't have initially). They recognize the demand but are still working out how to handle it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter