***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I also saw where they opened some gate to extend the line for overflow that showed backstage. Not sure if it was true or not. But I am not sure how I feel about that
I knew there was extended queue somewhere beyond those gates. The existing queue during reservation periods could only hold a 70-90 minute line.

I also saw where they opened some gate to extend the line for overflow that showed backstage. Not sure if it was true or not. But I am not sure how I feel about that
Yes they did open a backstage queue portion for an extended queue.

I still think it is cool that the VP of Disneyland Park comes to all of these big opening moments for the land and helps out. I know it is more of a PR move but still great to see someone of his level out in the park helping guests.

It appears the initial opening today brought the line up for MFSR. The line smoothed out significantly when the land hit capacity.

For DLR, I think I would secure an Oga’s Cantina reservation later in the day when the online reservation opens (if that is possible). My guess is that would let you stay in the land after you are done at OC so sort of a boarding pass as well.

I’d still rope drop and maybe attempt MFSR off the bat but if I am not near the front, I’d just explore the land and jump in MFSR at a 45 min wait.

I think DLR crowds are still light because the cheaper annual passes are still not able to come I believe and once that gets pulled it may bring in even larger crowds because DLR is more of a locals park.

For DLR, I think I would secure an Oga’s Cantina reservation later in the day when the online reservation opens (if that is possible). My guess is that would let you stay in the land after you are done at OC so sort of a boarding pass as well.
Oh that's an interesting plan! So you're saying try to get into the land right away at opening, but make your Oga's reservation for later hoping that they will give you some buffer time in the land?

I wonder how that works with the VQ. So if you have an Oga's reservation at say 12pm but your VQ doesn't let you in I wonder if you can double dip that way and come back when your VQ has opened (if that makes sense).

It appears the initial opening today brought the line up for MFSR. The line smoothed out significantly when the land hit capacity.

I’d still rope drop and maybe attempt MFSR off the bat but if I am not near the front, I’d just explore the land and jump in MFSR at a 45 min wait.

I think DLR crowds are still light because the cheaper annual passes are still not able to come I believe and once that gets pulled it may bring in even larger crowds because DLR is more of a locals park.
there are no time restrictions in the land anymore so once inside you can stay as long as you want

Oh that's an interesting plan! So you're saying try to get into the land right away at opening, but make your Oga's reservation for later hoping that they will give you some buffer time in the land?

I wonder how that works with the VQ. So if you have an Oga's reservation at say 12pm but your VQ doesn't let you in I wonder if you can double dip that way and come back when your VQ has opened (if that makes sense).

The Oga's reservation gets you into the land 1 hour early. You don't need to join the VQ if you have a reservation for either Oga's or Savi's. If you have a later Oga's reservation and want to get in earlier or later, you can also join a boarding group. They will both work to get you into the land at separate times.

Yes they did open a backstage queue portion for an extended queue.
I'm one who always enjoys a peek into the back areas but also know it's not for everyone.

It appears that the virtual reservation system appears to be working well to manage crowds within the land and keep waits for the ride at a reasonable length.

Things seem to be going really well with this virtual queue system. 35 minute wait for Falcon now.

any idea where things are as far as how much of the "virtual queue" space is filled up? That's always been a big question in my mind as to how early one needs to arrive to ensure getting a spot on the virtual queue. Appears at least today you could have rolled into Disneyland at like 10am and still gotten a spot for later in the day - but not sure how accurate that is

any idea where things are as far as how much of the "virtual queue" space is filled up? That's always been a big question in my mind as to how early one needs to arrive to ensure getting a spot on the virtual queue. Appears at least today you could have rolled into Disneyland at like 10am and still gotten a spot for later in the day - but not sure how accurate that is
Virtual queue is still open as of now and your estimated time now is early afternoon. Currently taking groups 6-20.

Virtual queue is still open as of now and your estimated time now is early afternoon. Currently taking groups 6-20.

not bad at all then really and totally reasonable. Obviously who knows how it will work at WDW, but my fear was always that even just to get in the virtual queue you'd have to be there before the park opening, but at least not so far at DLR

You know what this land is missing? Moss. That may not seem a huge detail, but moss would help tone down all of the grey and tan color schemes in the land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter